I've had my laptop for about 6 years. It's served me good and while I know that I desperately need a new computer, I can't afford to get a new one. All I can do is keep getting replacements for parts that keep breaking.

While playing TES Morrowind not more than an hour before posting this, the backup battery I had been using since the old one that first came with the computer was reaching the end of its usable life, anyway the backup, I noticed that the little battery light was blinking orange. I figured the power had come loose, like it tends to do now, so I checked the cord and it was fine. Everything was plugged in. So I took out the adapter and the computer went dead. The orangelight was still blinking. So now, typing this up with the old battery for as long as it lasts, the backup test battery light on the battery itself is constantly on and green. Not flashing or anything, just on. When I push it though I get a light pattern like this OXOXO, with O being the lit lights and X being the unlit ones. It blinks a few times like this then shuts off. After a few seconds, the 5 lights turn on again and stay lit. Can someone tell me what the issue is with this battery as I can't afford a replacement and I don't know how much longer this old one will last.