Deleted

Did we get too much information on the game?

We don't know yet, but it seems like we will have to wait one more year for GW2.
    Still we have received lots of information and videos and the game looks pretty close to being finished (just some polishing left) and then it gets delayed.
    I know some people have been waiting for many and many years for this game, and they probably dont mind waiting another year and they will probably play it no matter what.
    The hype, however or whatever you want to call it, has started already. Probably because of all the information out there.
    For how long will it last and will it last long enough for the game to finally be released?
    Personally, I had hopes for march - june next year.. since some people might have started to get tired of star wars, people in wow will have killed deathwing for the 1200 time and aren't too excited about the 1201 time.
    I would suppose wows panda x-pac will come later next year, I dont know about other games but there will probably be other new ones, and old ones might improve like rift getting some updates.
    The hype is probably increasing now because there aren't much exciting going on at the mmo side atm, wow has decreased subs, people already tried rift and either liked it or didnt but they know what it's about and so on and probably other stuff, and we get all this information about this game that look awsome.
    I dont know, it just feels like they should take advantage of the situations, and I feel like delaying will hurt them more than not. Sure, we don't want them to rush it out (even though game probably wont be perfect at release whenever it is either) but shouldn't they have hold on to their information a bit longer then? And give us more when timing is right?

Deleted
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...8&postcount=73
    /thread

In all seriousness I don't think it will be delayed much if at all. According above statement, everything is going according to the plan. Most probably, at the beginning of December they will release the last profession and before the end of the year, closed beta will launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...8&postcount=73
    /thread

In all seriousness I don't think it will be delayed much if at all. According above statement, everything is going according to the plan. Most probably, at the beginning of December they will release the last profession and before the end of the year, closed beta will launch.
    I certainly hope you are right. I guess we will see, like you say if they release last profession which is pretty much what's left and if they do it in beginning of december we can relax a bit.

I don't think we'll have to wait for another year. . I've got a gut feeling about this, and my guts are almost as correct as my brothers guts!! O.O

But, IF for some reason they would delay it one more year, then I'd probably choose to forget about it and perhaps not be excited WHEN it finally came...it feels like I've waited too long already.

Deleted
    There is never "too much information" when it concerns Guild Wars 2. Yes, there can be "too much information" concerning for example "brotherly love", but that's not really the case here.

What's key here is that we have the expo demos as evidence to back up the information. I'd say Anet has nothing to lose by saying as much as they can about the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it I think we got adequate information but not too much we haven't even seen an explorer mode dungeon in action, or final class plus WvWvW need I go on yea its adequate.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think of all the information we've received so far as a cock tease and that some people are better at holding out than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to delay the release of a game that has no release date... just... throwing that out there.

Closed beta was said to be before the end of the year, but that's still vague and a closed beta doesn't really mean anything to the majority of people outside of 'oh, they're in beta now'.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2011-11-12 at 09:00 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    I don't know, I don't watch all the videos of Guild Wars 2 I find. I read about the most important stuff, saw some videos on how they worked and liked it and now I'm waiting patiently for the game.

From the looks of it it's not far from being finished. Once beta starts I can presume another 1-4 months or testing, depending on what bugs people find and how hard they are to fix and then launch. I hope it's in the first half of next year the launching, but I can wait for more as well.

i think we still miss the most important information :

the release date!!!!

There is not enough information.

They haven't done an in-depth info drop on W v W v W yet. And that's the game mode I care about most. So yeah, more infos please.