Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
    NCSoft suck at making blizzard-wanna be games - Just look at Aion... It was like the Titanic
    Agree, they're stealing everything, lol.

Anyway... This is not Diablo 3 killer... Diablo 3 will be the killer of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by YersiniaPestis View Post
    You may try saying 'competitor', but how come is that a 'killer'? It ain't better in any way.
    The title was just a troll title making fun of other people saying WoW killer and the like, I know this in no way is going to kill Diablo 3, because of two things

1 - Diablo 3 would have a 1 and a half or two year head start once this game gets released, that means a very polished game with probably an expansion coming out

2 - Lineage has always been a very heavy PvP focused game with castle sieges and the like, and its kind of a different genre. This is an MMO more than dungeon crawler

They're not trying to "Diablo Clone" something btw this is the same style their Lineage 1 game was when it was released and that was back in 1997, and Lineage 1 even until their servers were shut down a half a year ago still had around 2 million players.

It' still pretty early, kind of like when Diablo 3 got unveiled three Blizzcons ago, so I really doubt we will only have three classes in the game. It just looks like a really nice game to follow and hopefully its done right because really, we're not going to stop playing Diablo 3, but this looks like a nice MMO to play on the side

Deleted
    NCSoft suck at making blizzard-wanna be games - Just look at Aion... It was like the Titanic
    Having 4 million subs, and still being strong in Asia isnt exactly what I'd call a Titanic.

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 08:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bulli85 View Post
    The title was just a troll title making fun of other people saying WoW killer and the like, I know this in no way is going to kill Diablo 3, because of two things

1 - Diablo 3 would have a 1 and a half or two year head start once this game gets released, that means a very polished game with probably an expansion coming out

2 - Lineage has always been a very heavy PvP focused game with castle sieges and the like, and its kind of a different genre. This is an MMO more than dungeon crawler

They're not trying to "Diablo Clone" something btw this is the same style their Lineage 1 game was when it was released and that was back in 1997, and Lineage 1 even until their servers were shut down a half a year ago still had around 2 million players.

It' still pretty early, kind of like when Diablo 3 got unveiled three Blizzcons ago, so I really doubt we will only have three classes in the game. It just looks like a really nice game to follow and hopefully its done right because really, we're not going to stop playing Diablo 3, but this looks like a nice MMO to play on the side
    Lineage II had FFA PvP and castle sieges, Lineage was more like SC/Diablo and this type of games.

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 08:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Agree, they're stealing everything, lol.

Anyway... This is not Diablo 3 killer... Diablo 3 will be the killer of this game.
    Yeah... not.

Try being objective and not a sheep following the crowd..

I have to say that this game really looks amazing! And NCSoft doesn't suck. I am waiting for the release.

But the most important thing: devs are finally making such great games. We had soo many years without good H'n'S etc.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2011-11-12 at 07:53 PM.

Lineage Eternal - its a MMO, in alpha, and it was shown for the first time at this years G*Star

Diablo 3 - Dungeon Crawler, almost "gold" that keeps getting delayed.

I too though it was a D3 type of game at first glance but the only thing similar between both is the PoV, rest totally different games at different stages of development

def looks interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Having 4 million subs, and still being strong in Asia isnt exactly what I'd call a Titanic.
    lol dont u love it when people think that U.S. numbers are all that matter? Hell, U.S. numbers are usually the MINIMUM in games like these.. When WoW had 12 million subs the U.S. had what.. 3 to 4 mil of the subs? while Asia had like 6 mil.. thats why when the Asians leave WoW you see those huge numbers that MMO Champ and the like report.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
    Is their any real reason why you can by diablo 2 and starcraft.. but not diablo 1? or am I just blind on the store.
    I thought diablo 1 was only out on the playstation 1.

So you named the thread a Diablo Killer to be troll? /moron fail

Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    So you named the thread a Diablo Killer to be troll? /moron fail
    /sarcasm fail

10+ Year Old Account
    Korean made? wont even be in competition with D3! truth!

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bulli85 View Post
    lol dont u love it when people think that U.S. numbers are all that matter? Hell, U.S. numbers are usually the MINIMUM in games like these.. When WoW had 12 million subs the U.S. had what.. 3 to 4 mil of the subs? while Asia had like 6 mil.. thats why when the Asians leave WoW you see those huge numbers that MMO Champ and the like report.
    someone is a hater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    someone is a hater.
    No, not at all. He has a very valid point except where he's wrong and it's actually worse than what he says it is. The 3 to 4 million of wow subscribers are not just the U.S but the US and EU combine while the other 5-6 million come from Asia.

Funny that you say this seeing as said earlier it definitely isn't sinking and also the part where Aion was more of a Lineage 2 styled game and correct me if I'm wrong but Lineage 2 came out before WoW.....oh wait you don't need to correct me cause I'm right seeing as I moved from Lineage 2 to WoW

There have been several better looking "wow-killers" been and gone, so based on how it looks alone then that is a poor arguement.
    When people start playing it and offering their opinions, then we will get a better idea.
    A video alone does not tell us anything, but what they want us to see. Anyone can show the best parts in a video, its the rest that matters.

I'm shocked at the amount of people that think Diablo III will do any good in sales. It caters to a very small crowd, a SMALL crowd within World of Warcraft. Not many people find that type of game very fun at all.

Meanwhile, in FPS world...(our current one) we have a bunch coming out and I predict lots of more pew peww in the future and less...*click* USE X SPELL ON THAT *click*

Motherfuckers killed my Auto Assault, I will never forgive them for it

Deleted
    This game looks pretty interesting, but between Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2, I'm going to have my hands full!

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting take on the action rpg...I like the whole stylus for spells thing, not sure how practical it is but it looks cool. Game could have a chance. Ncsoft does suck dick, but they are helpin with GW2 too so they might have improved. These dungeon crawler action mmo games are alot easier to design and make well compared to an mmo so I think it has a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturae View Post
    I'm shocked at the amount of people that think Diablo III will do any good in sales. It caters to a very small crowd, a SMALL crowd within World of Warcraft. Not many people find that type of game very fun at all.

Meanwhile, in FPS world...(our current one) we have a bunch coming out and I predict lots of more pew peww in the future and less...*click* USE X SPELL ON THAT *click*
    Yeah, we will see that "small crowd" on sales...

I played both Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 in its prime and I especially consider Diablo 1 to be somewhere in my top 15 best games of all time. I was kinda hyped in Diablo 3 when they announced it back in 2008 but I must say not one trailer or gameplay video from 2008 to now impressed me even slightly. I would even call them kinda stale and bad looking. Now this Lineage Eternal trailer.... maybe game will suck ass in the end but it was OMG awesome from start to finnish. Incredible grafics, physics, innovative spell casting, mmo elements... truly what I would have expected from Diablo 3 to be. Diablo 3 seems like same old, same old.... with cash cow RMAH for Blizzard.

Deleted
    hmm looks good!