Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    AELJHAEJFBALEFGAEYIHRI#$

Sorry that was my jaw hitting the keyboard...

just wow...
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Look good on paper, but since it's the Korean based Lineage series, you know it's going to fall short with what gamers of other regions want. Korean MMO's always look pretty, but there's a very good reason why they don't do well in any region but Asia. They focus far more on making their playerbase jump through repetitive hoops to prolong play, rather than giving them engaging, fun gameplay. These games are always a blast, for the first 20 levels, after that they turn into a snorefest.

Sorry, I have no doubt that this will fall flat on its face just like *every single* Korean based MMO that comes to North America or Europe.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skylla05 View Post
    Look good on paper, but since it's the Korean based Lineage series, you know it's going to fall short with what gamers of other regions want. Korean MMO's always look pretty, but there's a very good reason why they don't do well in any region but Asia. They focus far more on making their playerbase jump through repetitive hoops to prolong play, rather than giving them engaging, fun gameplay. These games are always a blast, for the first 20 levels, after that they turn into a snorefest.

Sorry, I have no doubt that this will fall flat on its face just like *every single* Korean based MMO that comes to North America or Europe.
    That's why WAR was so popular, wasnt it? Friends in the SW: ToR beta already saying that they're bored at level 8, just playing to see the space combat at some point.

Anyways, this wasnt my point - people claiming asian MMOs to be pure grind games, ignoring the the comparison with WoW, where you also basically grind all day long. Grind quests, grind honor, grind arena points, grind gold, grind dungeos/raids/mob XYZ for reputation.. but the difference is, in Lineage II and some other NCSoft MMOs, the goal was never to reach max level as fast as possible to be competitve. Sure, some servers were already older and more developed than some others, but you were involved in all major parts of the game with low level and could engage endgame content from this point.

Basically what I'm saying is, you are all spoiled by the clusterfuck of an MMO WoW became and you'll never be happy even if *some western MMO* appears.
    Last edited by mmoce04a3b2ccc; 2011-11-16 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    Two things. First of all, these developers are taking a global market into consideration and in case you haven't noticed, the US is lacking severely in terms of accessible internet. Most developed countries that are being targeted by these games such as Germany, England, France, the eastern European countries, the Asian countries and even some areas of Russia have a much more developed and efficient internet system than the US. For these targeted regions the connection requirement is rarely ever an issue.

Secondly, the online requirement provides a lot of benefits that were unavailable without. Simply look at Steam if you want a current example. By being online, you get to store all of your information in a cloud, meaning a hardware failure or change of hardware won't cause you to lose all your progress. On top of that, it provides security bonuses, due to requiring a constant connection Blizz can monitor account activity far better. This comes into play big time while managing micro transactions where third parties were often involved in the previous games. It also provides better customer service, stable servers, quicker bug fixes and the opportunity to reverse unwanted changes, because changes are stored for a certain amount of time similar to WoW. Your little brother got on and sold all your gear or you had a bug that caused an irreversible decision to be made? It can now be fixed far easier due to all of this info being stored.
    Two main issues imo:
    1) not everytime i'm in the mood to play online with other ppl. I don't know how D3 will look like but i bet they'll implement it so that single players will be almost meaningless.
    2) i want some nice games that i can play when (for example) i'm out of town for work, or when i'm on vacation or something like that. Just an hour of fun without a connection.

Deleted
    I was sceptical that anything could rival Diablo 3, but wow I'm impressed, I'll be playing both for sure

i like how much hate NCsoft is getting... from such a "horrible" company they seem to have a pretty large fan-base to be able to produce something like this, considering it still has a long way to go.

I think a lot of people need to stop sucking on blizzards teat and look at games for their gameplay value, not the tags associated with the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Brince View Post
    Two main issues imo:
    1) not everytime i'm in the mood to play online with other ppl. I don't know how D3 will look like but i bet they'll implement it so that single players will be almost meaningless.
    2) i want some nice games that i can play when (for example) i'm out of town for work, or when i'm on vacation or something like that. Just an hour of fun without a connection.
    Single player games are dead/dying. For security reasons alone it's crazy not to have your game on a network. Look at Skyrim, there was a torrent the day before release and probably half the people playing the game stole it. No different then robbing a store imo. Off topic though.

Quote Originally Posted by cabreil View Post
    Single player games are dead/dying. For security reasons alone it's crazy not to have your game on a network. Look at Skyrim, there was a torrent the day before release and probably half the people playing the game stole it. No different then robbing a store imo. Off topic though.
    yea, it's true that if you can play a game without net connection it will be pirated by people, but atm i have the steam version but the key they gave me didn't work so having to wait for a new one (they said 1-2 weeks to verify) so i have to use my mums steam account just to play skyrim =\

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Looks nice, but well its not Diablo... Also DIII is not a MMO game.
    Diablo 3 isn't an MMO?

How the fuck do you figure that?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Abortion!!
    oo.. gotcha there

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturae View Post
    I'm shocked at the amount of people that think Diablo III will do any good in sales. It caters to a very small crowd, a SMALL crowd within World of Warcraft. Not many people find that type of game very fun at all.

Meanwhile, in FPS world...(our current one) we have a bunch coming out and I predict lots of more pew peww in the future and less...*click* USE X SPELL ON THAT *click*
    Caters to a small WoW crowd? You do realize that Diablo was a very popular game way before WoW came out. Unless you weren't old enough to play M rated games in the second half of the 90s you would know that. It sold 2.5 million copies. Diablo II was released in 2000, sold over 4 million copies in it's first year, and remained on the top 10 sellers list until 2010. Yea, you are right, Diablo caters to a very small crowd.
    Last edited by the1skate; 2011-11-16 at 10:15 PM.
    Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. As a matte of fact, just don't throw stones at all. They hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Having 4 million subs, and still being strong in Asia isnt exactly what I'd call a Titanic.
    When did 4 million subs in Asia for an Asian produced game become an impressive amount again? There's over 1/6th of the world's population in that region, in a market that is wildly popular.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Abortion!!
    LOL!

OT: That game looks fucking ridiculously better than diablo, visually.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    When did 4 million subs in Asia for an Asian produced game become an impressive amount again? There's over 1/6th of the world's population in that region, in a market that is wildly popular.
    You probably don't know that not many companies publish their games in China, but how many of these 1 billion farmers have internet, or even know that something like this exists?

Just for the record, WoW subs are around 4 million, too in the west - and we're like how many people? ~2 billion?

10+ Year Old Account
    That game looks pretty awesome. If it has an offline mode I'll play it over D3 no issue.

The combat design with the dragging of the mouse to use different skills looks like it could be pretty fun.

It actually is a fairly impressive gameplay trailer.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-11-16 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strossus001 View Post
    Diablo 3 isn't an MMO?

How the fuck do you figure that?
    How many people can play together in the same world at once?

Mystery solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    You probably don't know that not many companies publish their games in China, but how many of these 1 billion farmers have internet, or even know that something like this exists?

Just for the record, WoW subs are around 4 million, too in the west - and we're like how many people? ~2 billion?
    You do realise thats pretty offensive right?

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    How many people can play together in the same world at once?

Mystery solved.
    Sharding/instancing worlds with a max character limit per world does not prevent a game from being an MMO.

You're basically arguing technicalities to be pompous.

Quote Originally Posted by Syni View Post
    Sharding/instancing worlds with a max character limit per world does not prevent a game from being an MMO.

You're basically arguing technicalities to be pompous.
    You're telling me a game with a 4 player max limit per world, a non-persistent world, and a lobby system is an MMO? You've got a very broad definition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    You do realise thats pretty offensive right?
    Next time I'll offer tissues just in case you cant handle the harsh words people are usually using. It wasnt any more offensive than the guy I responded to, or the general attitude towards the asian culture and connecting "their multitude" to the games they produce.