Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    deckon I dont know what videos you are watching but in all fights between MAlgus and Sateele, Malgus always had the superior strength in combat, while Sateele was more a force user.
    I never said Sateele was melee, and Malgus was stronger in the force, infact both my previous posts said the contrary.

    I stand corrected about the ranks, sith warrior and jedi knights are ranks, but I still stand by my point that in both video's that both Sateele and Malgus were both of equivalent ranks, neither one having been trained to a lesser degree than the other.

    My opinion would be that Malgus would be the victor in any battle they would have, biased as my opinion is by the fact I prefer the empire. But the video's do favor Malgus as a victor imo.

    Him defeating Sateele's Master, (and killinghis own) in "Return". And the fact that it took a trooper and Sateele to barely defeat Malgus in "Hope".

    So again, with respects to terminology and the rankings of the Jedi order, and Sith, I was wrong.

    And though I admit my knowledge is limited, as is my confusion with 2 classes being of the same name as 2 ranks, I do believe Lord is below Darth.

  2. #22
    But now Sateele is the Grand Jedi Master.....she should have the guts to kill him on 1x1 combat...

  3. #23
    Stood in the Fire krono957's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    I never said Sateele was melee, and Malgus was stronger in the force, infact both my previous posts said the contrary.

    I stand corrected about the ranks, sith warrior and jedi knights are ranks, but I still stand by my point that in both video's that both Sateele and Malgus were both of equivalent ranks, neither one having been trained to a lesser degree than the other.

    My opinion would be that Malgus would be the victor in any battle they would have, biased as my opinion is by the fact I prefer the empire. But the video's do favor Malgus as a victor imo.

    Him defeating Sateele's Master, (and killinghis own) in "Return". And the fact that it took a trooper and Sateele to barely defeat Malgus in "Hope".

    So again, with respects to terminology and the rankings of the Jedi order, and Sith, I was wrong.

    And though I admit my knowledge is limited, as is my confusion with 2 classes being of the same name as 2 ranks, I do believe Lord is below Darth.
    not to mention that now malgus knows that satelle can absorb saber energy, so shes lost the suprise factor there
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

  4. #24
    Dreadlord Adeodatus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    858
    Well both of them are titan's in terms of power. Don;t know about you, but niether would go down easy and I'd wouldnt want to be nearby when the showdown happens.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

    "The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    I never said Sateele was melee, and Malgus was stronger in the force, infact both my previous posts said the contrary.

    I stand corrected about the ranks, sith warrior and jedi knights are ranks, but I still stand by my point that in both video's that both Sateele and Malgus were both of equivalent ranks, neither one having been trained to a lesser degree than the other.

    My opinion would be that Malgus would be the victor in any battle they would have, biased as my opinion is by the fact I prefer the empire. But the video's do favor Malgus as a victor imo.

    Him defeating Sateele's Master, (and killinghis own) in "Return". And the fact that it took a trooper and Sateele to barely defeat Malgus in "Hope".

    So again, with respects to terminology and the rankings of the Jedi order, and Sith, I was wrong.

    And though I admit my knowledge is limited, as is my confusion with 2 classes being of the same name as 2 ranks, I do believe Lord is below Darth.
    They were not at the same ranks in the trailers. At their first fight, she was a padawan and he was pratically a sith warrior. The next one, he is a sith lord, and she was a jedi knight. Now she is the grand master of the order, and he is still a sith lord [ aprentice--->sith warrior--->sith lord ]

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    They were not at the same ranks in the trailers. At their first fight, she was a padawan and he was pratically a sith warrior. The next one, he is a sith lord, and she was a jedi knight. Now she is the grand master of the order, and he is still a sith lord [ aprentice--->sith warrior--->sith lord ]
    Should she face Malgus again, I am sure that she still stands a chance of losing.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    [ aprentice--->sith warrior--->sith lord ]
    Apprentice ---> Sith Warrior ---> Sith Lord ---> Darth

  8. #28
    Brewmaster randomone05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nowhere important
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeodatus View Post
    Well both of them are titan's in terms of power. Don;t know about you, but niether would go down easy and I'd wouldnt want to be nearby when the showdown happens.
    i just got a naruto vs orochimarii flashback. majority of a forest leveled and some pretty massive holes in the ground. they just need to do an actual movie of it along with w/e amount of it we would see in-game.

  9. #29
    It's spelled Satele, not Sateele(minor detail). As things stand now, Satele and Malgus stand on equal footing, but I'd give the edge to Malgus based on raw power. Satele is however very strong in the Force, so strong that Darth Baras tried to orchestrate her falling to the Dark Side.

    I'd agree that she is pretty hot,actress Sno E. Blac served as her in-game character model.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Sollis View Post
    Apprentice ---> Sith Warrior ---> Sith Lord ---> Darth
    Nope, U gain the darth tittle when u become a sith lord.
    If u dont know what u r saying, dont say anything at all. To prove, see the biography of Teneb Kel, he was rennamed Darth Thanaton when he won the rank of sith lord

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

    the RANKS of the Jedi and Sith are as follows

    JEDI SITH
    Padawan Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight Sith Warrior
    Jedi Master Sith Darth
    Jedi Grand Master(this is added somewhere within the EU though) Sith Lord
    (my knowledge of Sith ranks is a bit limited so clarification on Sith ranks would be nice)

    now yes while Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors are a "class" in the GAME in the EU and movies that is a RANK
    You almost got it right.

    for Jedi the ranks are as follows:
    Youngling
    Padawan (basically apprenticed to a master)
    Jedi
    Jedi Knight
    Jedi Master
    Jedi Council Member
    Jedi Grand Master (There is only one Grand Master at a time, this is the leader of the entire Jedi Order)

    for Sith (mine is fuzzy as well) (the title Darth is not tied to rank):
    Acolyte
    Apprentice (Tied to a Sith Lord)
    the transition between Apprentice and Sith Lord is weird, multiple ways to achieve this. Also multiple overlapping ranks in between Sith Lord and Apprentice
    Sith Lord
    Dark Council Member
    Emperor (Equivalent of Grand Master, in rank not power)

    And that's the way its ordered.

    Edit: I'm not sure about Darth title in the SWTOR timeline, but in SWE3 Anakin becomes Vader the moment he is apprenticed to Palpatine, before he really learns anything about the darkside or sith.
    Last edited by Prupru73; 2011-11-14 at 07:55 PM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Prupru73 View Post
    You almost got it right.

    for Jedi the ranks are as follows:
    Youngling
    Padawan (basically apprenticed to a master)
    Jedi
    Jedi Knight
    Jedi Master
    Jedi Council Member
    Jedi Grand Master (There is only one Grand Master at a time, this is the leader of the entire Jedi Order)

    for Sith (mine is fuzzy as well) (the title Darth is not tied to rank):
    Acolyte
    Apprentice (Tied to a Sith Lord)
    the transition between Apprentice and Sith Lord is weird, multiple ways to achieve this. Also multiple overlapping ranks in between Sith Lord and Apprentice
    Sith Lord
    Dark Council Member
    Emperor (Equivalent of Grand Master, in rank not power)

    And that's the way its ordered.

    Edit: I'm not sure about Darth title in the SWTOR timeline, but in SWE3 Anakin becomes Vader the moment he is apprenticed to Palpatine, before he really learns anything about the darkside or sith.
    Wrong, the jedi is: Aprentice, Padawan, Jedi Knight [ there isnt such a thing as ''just jedi'' ], Jedi Master, Grand Master of The Order
    Sith is: Aprentice or acolyte, dont know in which order, Sith Warrior, Sith Lord, Dark Lord of The SIth
    And where u have members of the Jedi Concil, u have the Members of the Dark Concil for sith.
    EDIT: Just remember KOTOR, Revan was first apprentice, THEN padawan

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 08:38 PM ----------

    Back to topic.....I totally think that Satele would win, she is at her full potential now, althout Malgus is no ordinary foe, i wish he get in the dark concil

  13. #33
    Malgus would kick her butt easily, the only reason he was forced to retreat in Hope was because some trooper went suicidal on him and tried to blow them both up (which epically failed seeing how both wore apparently some high grade armor), which allowed Satele to channel whatever force blast that was to weaken him. Consider who Malgus has killed just in the trailers so far: Satele's master, his own master (arguable though as he was already weakened and likely not expecting it, though I'd still place bets on him being able to best him at full strength) and Ven Zallow (whom I'm still not sure why he's so significant, but he keeps popping up as his biggest kill in the Jedi Temple of all the others he slaughtered so he must've been fairly exceptional). Not to mention he also killed off his scheming counterpart Adraas some time after.

    In comparison, to me Satele is only the Grand Master because there literally is likely no one else left after the attack on the temple. She also has heritage on her side (despite the usual yada yada about jedi code not allowing for pro-creation, someone knocked up Bastila from KOTOR if she's her desendant), so that probably plays a factor somewhere too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •