Deleted

Thumbs up [Swe] Help to buy a new compuer, in Sweden.

Okey, so I've earned together some money via working as much as I can when I'm 17 in school. I now wanna buy a computer by theese money So I'd really glad for all help I can get to pick out the parts to buy for building the computer!

Examples for good, and probably the cheapest, websites from Sweden is:

Komplett.se
    Inet.se

Budget: 9 500 SEK. (= 990€ or 1350 USD. But remember, Sweden got high taxes as F#%K)
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Games: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2 (when it comes out obviously), BF3 and some other games, maybe Skyrim etc.
    Settings Desired: Ultra/Highest on WoW and GW2, atleast medium + on BF3, if possible high.
    Parts that can be reused: I just need the computer, got everything else (Screen, mouse, headset, speakers, keyboard. Got all that shit)

Thank you!

Are you planning on running smoothly in 25 man raids on full ultra settings?

That's going to take a pretty powerful GPU, that will probably be able to put BF3 on high, something like the GTX560 or 70.

Deleted
    I'm not raiding at all... So that's not a problem, but BF3 might be. I'd really enjoy a full build if possible?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gave it a shot, and i think i got a quite good system for those games.

Komplett: http://www.komplett.se/k/shoplist.as...E-40A0E6B46E72
    This equals my current setup, only difference is the PSU.
    SSD/HDD can be changed depending on needs.
    I threw in a SSD, but feel free to change to a HDD that costs more for some more capacity.
    Or keep the SSD and reuse any old HDD you may have.
    Its 33 SEK above the 9500 SEK budget.

Inet: http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/1106711/gaming1
    Pretty much the same system, the only difference is the graphic card.
    Inet had access to one from ASUS that is slightly faster, but costs slightly more.
    Its 289 SEK above the 9500 SEK budget.

Both of them would handle WoW on Ultra, dunno about GW2 since i havent read the system requirements, and it will run BF3 on Medium-High.
    I tried Ultra on BF3 with my computer, and i would be down at around 30-40 fps, using the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560Ti OC with the other parts being the same as i linked on the 2 sites.

Both sets includes Win 7 Home Premium 64bit in the price, and you would have to build it yourself.

Edit: Fixed the link for Komplett.
    Last edited by Joxer; 2011-11-12 at 02:15 PM.

Hi! I assumed you needed Windows 7 as well.
    I built together this rig for you.

Thank you for using such a easy-to-read format. (And I also recommend CDon.se for being a very very good store)

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mancerot View Post
    I gave it a shot, and i think i got a quite good system for those games.

Komplett: http://www.komplett.se/k/cart.aspx?m...ListId=1007438
    This equals my current setup, only difference is the PSU.
    SSD/HDD can be changed depending on needs.
    I threw in a SSD, but feel free to change to a HDD that costs more for some more capacity.
    Or keep the SSD and reuse any old HDD you may have.
    Its 33 SEK above the 9500 SEK budget.

Inet: http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/1106711/gaming1
    Pretty much the same system, the only difference is the graphic card.
    Inet had access to one from ASUS that is slightly faster, but costs slightly more.
    Its 289 SEK above the 9500 SEK budget.
    Can't see the first build. Second build only has an SSD, not a HDD at all.

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    So you're just casually running 5 mans if anything?

GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1024MB SOC
    That's too expensive to be considered as far as GTX 460s go.
    It also doesn't matter what he's doing in WoW as the GTX460 would never be a GPU holding him back, but always the CPU.
    But it wouldn't let him run BF3 on high.

So you're just casually running 5 mans if anything?

GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1024MB SOC

Deleted
    Thank you very much guys the inet build by you (tetrisGOAT) seems really nice. i don't have any "leftover" HDD, but I do have a 2TB external harddrive where I can store movies etc, so I don't need to much space for other shit

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 03:29 PM ----------

Guys, what do you think of taking the tetrisGOAT mix,
    then put in a R3 (titanium) fractal design case.
    get 1TB harddrive (~300 SEK more)

It'll end up @ 150 Sek above my budget, which is easlily to save up

This'll be the build then:
    http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/1047966/lundes-build

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Thank you very much guys the inet build by you (tetrisGOAT) seems really nice. i don't have any "leftover" HDD, but I do have a 2TB external harddrive where I can store movies etc, so I don't need to much space for other shit

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 03:29 PM ----------

Guys, what do you think of taking the tetrisGOAT mix,
    then put in a R3 (titanium) fractal design case.
    get 1TB harddrive (~300 SEK more)

It'll end up @ 150 Sek above my budget, which is easlily to save up

This'll be the build then:
    http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/1047966/lundes-build
    I personally have and love a Define (R3), but the black pearl and pre-USB3.0 version.
    I would still recommend the Arc, as it's just that much more pleasant to work with. It's literally the best case I've ever touched. Now, the Define isn't bad, and I love the sound it does not make. But I would trade it for the Arc in a heartbeat.

I built a friends rig a few weeks ago (two of the same GPU, a 120GB Force 3 SSD, that same 1TB HDD, the Arc, the same motherboard, PSU, Optical drive, RAM, CPU - but not cooler), and it's a very well-rounded one.
    If you think you can afford the 1TB upgrade, then do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would recomend another PSU pref some from Corsair in the Gold class, also have a look on the Asus GTX 560 Ti DCU II graphic card, seems like a better choice to me.

GPU http://www.inet.se/artikel/5409287/a...mb-directcu-ii

Also if you have 500:- more to spare i recomend a Corsair H80 cpu cooler, much cooler and very silent, also great for OC'ing.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Deleted
    HDD prices are insane right now, I would get the 500GB one and hopefully that will be enough until the prices go down.

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clockworks View Post
    i would recomend another PSU pref some from Corsair in the Gold class, also have a look on the Asus GTX 560 Ti DCU II graphic card, seems like a better choice to me.

Also if you have 500:- more to spare i recomend a Corsair H80 cpu cooler, much cooler and very silent, also great for OC'ing.
    Well since he's on a budget you can't really get any more price/performance than the CM Hyper 212 Plus. The MSI card is cheaper atm and is actually at a higher factory overclock, the cooling on them are almost exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockworks View Post

Three advices that while applicable in many cases, but not at all interesting here.

A gold-rated PSU will save you US$10 in electricity per year, if you let the computer run full load for at least 6-8 hours per day.
    That isn't likely to happen. The higher price-plunge at purchase makes it a bad deal right now.
    It would also only be a sidegrade in terms of PSU quality in this case, as the XFX Core series are very well made.

That GPU, while a good cooler (I have the triple-slotter DC II HD6970), it's not worth the price-increase for a lower factory OC, not to mention that the TwinFrozr IIs are very good to begin with. Triple-slotter Direct Cu II would match it, but double-slotter? Not so much.

The advice for cooler is just a bad recommendation. Price-wise, noise-wise and performance-wise.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Can't see the first build. Second build only has an SSD, not a HDD at all.
    I did mention in my post that he could feel free to change to a HDD if needed.
    Seeing the prices on HDDs are quite high, and will most likely be that high for a while, it could be of more use to buy a SSD if you got any spare HDD (internal or external) to reuse.

And since he said he got a 2TB external hdd for storage, the SSD adds up quite nice.
    Starting up games faster and reducing the amount of time you spend on loading screens is a nice feeling.

I'm also one of those who uses the Define R3 (Black Pearl, pre-USB3.0), and im building computers almost every day with that case and i just love it.
    Cable management is quite easy, lots of space for components and really silent.

Another case i would suggest is the Define Mini, looks the same as Define R3 but is pretty much the same size as the Arc one.
    It costs a bit less, but you lose quite some space. Not something you should go for if you plan on going for SLI later on.
    Built a computer yesterday with that case, and it was close that a KFA2 GTX 580 Anarch didnt fit into it.

Edit: Forgot that the Define Mini doesnt have enough room for full ATX motherboards.
    Last edited by Joxer; 2011-11-12 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    Okey guys, so I should keep my "MSI Twin Frozr II - GTX 560Ti", but should be using the arc case? The difference in price is quite small.
    Also, I should skip the 1TB HDD and go for a 500GB? or go for a smaller SSD?

If someone missunderstood, the 2TB harddrive is external (via Usb)

Okey guys, so I should keep my "MSI Twin Frozr II - GTX 560Ti", but should be using the arc case? The difference in price is quite small.
    Also, I should skip the 1TB HDD and go for a 500GB? or go for a smaller SSD?

If someone missunderstood, the 2TB harddrive is external (via Usb)
    On the first thing, that's my opinion, and it by no means is law. It's more spacious to build in, and it's quite a lot better if you prefer cooling over silence, even though it's not precisely loud. Even being a huge Define fangirl, I'd still rather have the Arc for myself.

The Force 3 120GB SSD is certainly an option if you can make room for it instead of the 500GB HDD and use the (external) 2TB for storage, SSDs for all programs/games/win7.
    Then in 4-5 months when the prices have been normalised, buy a 1TB or 2TB internal HDD.

Deleted
    So how big difference is SSD and HDD? let's say WoW takes 20s with HDD (just a number) to load into when you log onto it. How fast would it be with an SSD then?
    Last edited by mmoc0811aa1cbc; 2011-11-12 at 05:39 PM.

So how big difference is SSD and HDD? let's say WoW takes 20s with HDD (just a number) to load into when you log onto it. How fast would it be with an SSD then?
    I can't really compare atm, as I don't have an active subscription. But with an SSD, logging into the game takes 6-8 seconds from when you press the buttons. With addons.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    No exact numbers, but its like tetrisGOAT said, 6-8seconds loading screens, with addons, instead of maybe 20 seconds.
    Loading screens will be faster and textures will load faster due to them actually being on the SSD.

Then is the addition that any other application you may use will load up instantly, applications like Teamspeak, Vent, Skype etc.
    I never regret buying a SSD even tho they dont bring the same capacity as normal HDDs, the faster load times makes up for that.

Boot time before i got an SSD was over 1minute from pushing the power button to actually be inside Windows with everything booted up.
    With a SSD, that time goes down to 25-35 seconds.

So if you do have some HDD, even if external, for storage of your music, movies etc, then i would really recommend buying a 120GB SSD, preffered one that doesnt have any issues with bluescreens. (My 120GB Corsair Force 3 Series works just fine)
    Most popular SSD is the Crucial M4, havent read much about it.
    And i saw on inet.se that the 120GB Corsair Force 3 Series one was quite cheap (around 1300 SEK), which is really cheap for being that kind of SSD.

Deleted
    Well, I've made my mind up, I'll get a HDD and maybe a SSD later on, mainly becouse of the money difference (almost double price). Also, I don't really care about time to load things, the main thing I want is performance..

Thanks for all the help !
    Last edited by mmoc0811aa1cbc; 2011-11-12 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted
    You seem to have gotten alot of advice on the build already but a really good store in Sweden is Webhallen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    Are you planning on running smoothly in 25 man raids on full ultra settings?

That's going to take a pretty powerful GPU, that will probably be able to put BF3 on high, something like the GTX560 or 70.
    I got an overclocked AMD 970 and a GTX 460 and I run all Ultra except for shadows with 45+ FPS in 25 men raids, and 150-250fps while idling in a place like ironforge.