No video output.

So, when I turn on the computer I recently built, there is no video output (and according to my father it fails to post BIOS). There are no sounds from the mobo, and I've checked that everything is plugged in correctly.
    It was working in the same setup last night, so I'm not sure what caused it.
    Last thing I installed/downloaded was Skyrim.
    There is a red light lit up near the RAM slots, under a small button that reads: "MemOK DRAM LED".

other info:
    Win 7 64-bit
    MB: Asus M5A99x evo
    GPU: Sapphire AMD 6750
    CPU: AMD Phenom II 1090
    RAM: 4GB Corsair Vengeance x4 (not sure on speed)
    Power: Antec 620W (not sure on exact model)
    Case: NZXT Phantom
    Cooling: Corsair H50 and four case fans.
    Any information or suggestions on things to try would be great, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Arborus; 2011-11-12 at 02:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's 2 DIMMs of RAM, have you checked if they're in the correct slots? Sometimes it matters in what position they're located (manual).
    So it basicly starts (fans turning etc), and then nothing? That seems to me a POST error like your father says indeed. Time to go trail&error on the hardware.
    Though ASUS seems to do that work for you, and indicates during the POST which hardware it's checking. If it fails the last item it was checking remains lit up (Your RAM).

There are four units of RAM. Four 4gb, for a total of 16gb, I should of been more clear in the OP.
    Yeah, fans start but nothing ever comes up on the screen.
    I've tried removing some of the RAM and putting it in different positions, but it still does and nothing and the red light stays lit.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure your two pin speaker is plugged into the motherboard. If the speaker is plugged in and there is no beeps on start up shut down the system. Unplug the power cable. Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Leave the battery off for approximately 30 seconds then pop the battery back in, plug back in the system, power it on and see if the board does its POST or not. If the board doesn't POST now you will need to start the RMA process for your motherboard, which I would suggest you have your Dad help with.

Removing the video card and reseating it along with removing and reseating the CMOS appears to have done the trick.