Poll: 2011 GotY?

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Taking from what I've enjoyed playing... then all of the above may be the goty imo (well I've not played a few of the options). But I do also feel that the fun of the game shouldnt be the only factor when considering what should be the goty. So for me it would possibly be Portal 2, or maybe Skyrim. Out of the options above obviously.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished Assassins Creed and once again my mind was blown. Everything from stunning visuals, to the twists and turns weve come to expect. The story was really engaging to, at times i found myself fighting back tears as we went through Altair's death and how he was betrayed by the Assassins earlier in his life - which was a aspect largely left out of the first game.

Fantastic game, i put about 30+ hours into it, didnt do much side stuff so I rekon theres an easy 40-50 hour game there for the ones who collect everything etc which i will be doing on my second run through cause Ubisoft loves to hide stuff.

One criticism would be that again it takes a few hours to really understand who you are fighting. Theres a fight from every side and it got a bit confusing as to who was your enemy, then when you kinda grasp it, they spin the fuck out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never see Dark Souls in these threads does no one on mmochampion like it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutes View Post
    Zelda doenst prove challengign anymore.

Skyrim deserves thisone
    Well you can't really say anything until you play it can you (which is why my vote honestly has no merit in this game as I've played almost none of these games). As for Zelda proving to be challenging, the only challenging Zelda I've ever played was ALTTP (oldest one in the series that I've played) albeit I haven't played the Master Quest version of OoT nor have I played SS....but that'll changed Sunday
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

my pick would be saints row 3 . crazy amount of fun

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted Skyrim because Skyward Sword isn't out yet. O: So close, yet still taking forever to release in my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Well you can't really say anything until you play it can you (which is why my vote honestly has no merit in this game as I've played almost none of these games). As for Zelda proving to be challenging, the only challenging Zelda I've ever played was ALTTP (oldest one in the series that I've played) albeit I haven't played the Master Quest version of OoT nor have I played SS....but that'll changed Sunday
    I had to use a guide for the last half of Master Quest. I got lost for, literally, 90 minutes+ in ONE ROOM the Fire temple. No joke. The Shadow temple has the evilest puzzles and layouts of any Zelda game ever. ALttP is Sesame Street in comparison. I don't think SS will be all that hard, but that doesn't mean much to me. I can breeze through a 100% ALttP run in an afternoon after how many times I've ran through it, almost methodically, but it'll be a fun afternoon regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Logiic View Post
    I never see Dark Souls in these threads does no one on mmochampion like it?
    Because most games have a difficulty slider and just about all Demons and Dark had/have going for them is that they are hard with no way to turn it down so people who think they are 'real' gamers can try and brag about how they beat the game? Blah Blah Blah gaming is easy Blah Blah Blah whatever. The gameplay is not revolutionary, the worlds aren't beautiful or well-imagined, although the campfire respawn is cool.

Before you claim I have not played, I have beaten both games. The boss mechanics are interesting at points, but that is really about it. Honestly, almost every game up there is a 'better' game than either Demons or Dark. Maybe Pokemon was worse but I have not played Pokemon since Red/Blue was out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggwolls View Post
    I voted Skyrim because Skyward Sword isn't out yet. O: So close, yet still taking forever to release in my mind!
    http://www.videogamecountdown.com/Ni...-Skyward-Sword

Have a timer to stare at to remember how long time takes to pass!

I'd be very, very tempted to vote Other for 'Deus Ex', I thought it was a truly exceptional game, however it didn't quite do anything radically different enough to get my vote - it was done better rather than done differently.

So Skyrim got my vote, largely due to its mindblowing size and depth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I had to use a guide for the last half of Master Quest. I got lost for, literally, 90 minutes+ in ONE ROOM the Fire temple. No joke. The Shadow temple has the evilest puzzles and layouts of any Zelda game ever. ALttP is Sesame Street in comparison. I don't think SS will be all that hard, but that doesn't mean much to me. I can breeze through a 100% ALttP run in an afternoon after how many times I've ran through it, almost methodically, but it'll be a fun afternoon regardless.
    I'd like to make it a point that it was hard for me cause I was used to the Oracle games when it came to handheld zelda games in this one (for the advanced). The dungeons weren't hard imo it was the out world that was a pain cause there was no navi or anything telling you where to go next or to give you a clue how to get into the dungeon. I died easily over 60 times my first playthrough of that game (which was literally just last month), when compared to the amount of times I died in OoT, MM, WW, and TP is ridiculous. So like I said, imo Zelda games stopped being hard once they weren't birds eye view anymore.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    I'd like to make it a point that it was hard for me cause I was used to the Oracle games when it came to handheld zelda games in this one (for the advanced). The dungeons weren't hard imo it was the out world that was a pain cause there was no navi or anything telling you where to go next or to give you a clue how to get into the dungeon. I died easily over 60 times my first playthrough of that game (which was literally just last month), when compared to the amount of times I died in OoT, MM, WW, and TP is ridiculous. So like I said, imo Zelda games stopped being hard once they weren't birds eye view anymore.
    Yeah, I've pretty much memorized ALttP :/ Without any direction, I imagine it'd be quite time-consuming.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to give it to Skyrim or Batman honestly. Batman I liked from the get go (but then I loved the last one that was released as well) Skyrim I was under the bridge about I've HATED every single Elder Scrolls game to date I just never liked them. With Skyrim though omfg I can't stop playing it the game is amazing no it's not the "best" in the Graphics department but it's beautiful none the less and the play is great.