Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    Actually, it isn't Anette that I have issues with, to be honest -- It's Tuomas.

She has a nice voice, for the most part, but it's just being stuffed into a style of music that it does not compliment (Thanks to Tuomas.). Her fluctuations belong in a softer, slower style, whereas a more stable, smooth voice would suit the melodic and fast nature of symphonic metal. When this is ignored, you end up with the chaotic mess of jumbled melodies and strained vocal lines that has come to be associated with new Nightwish.
    i... don't see this at all. i love her voice. there are a few songs that she has done that i don't like (most of the songs predating her joining the band, but this is honestly to be expected). but overall, she's a good fit. and i seriously had to laugh out loud when you said that tuomas is incompetent when it comes to his music.

Signature by Kenz

what's this... people disagree and have different opinions, how blasphemous.

Anyway it was pretty good, i enjoyed it but it did seem their was a strain for her to do, still good and worth a listen.

ps... (starts up nightwish playlist)

Quote Originally Posted by angelx7x View Post
    and i seriously had to laugh out loud when you said that tuomas is incompetent when it comes to his music.
    I said no such thing; I enjoy most of Tuomas' music. I just feel the quality has been declining with each release after Wishmaster.