Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilpigeon View Post
    Do you hear how calm they sound on their first kill. Fucking ice water in their veins. Gotta love the ruskis!
    I loled at what their RL said in the end just when the boss went down:

"So are we recording this?"
    "Yeah."
    "Then swear as badly as you can now."
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    I have no idea where you got those numbers, Superalpaca.
    Just the hundreds of parses up on WoL. There's even multiple parses with 10m swings averaging below 30k.

Search on youtube "mrplactor insignia" (cant post links here...)
    Insignia vs Ragnaros Heroic.
    1-3 phases 1 blood dk tanking. Protpala just taking boss on 2nd seeds to drop stacks from dk. 4 phase 2-tanked.

oh man thats crazy

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 06:54 AM ----------

btw done try it mang

Quote Originally Posted by hawt09 View Post
    It's 10 man, therefore the word impressive cannot be attributed to this video.
    You're an idiot. 25 man uses 2 tanks and the EXACT SAME mechanics... therefore 25 man could be solo tanked as well. Get over yourself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    You're an idiot. 25 man uses 2 tanks and the EXACT SAME mechanics... therefore 25 man could be solo tanked as well. Get over yourself
    Bit of a fail there, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    very impressive. gotta have quite a bit of coordination with cds to pull this off, but kudos to them

Quote Originally Posted by methanar View Post
    I tabbed when I heard his vent ping
    Same here. >>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy1404 View Post
    I'm in love with his UI anyone know what the name of it is. I couldn't find it on wowinterface
    I am psure that is Tukui

http://www.tukui.org/blog/ for link to his site, can't download it from curse or anywhere else.
    Aye mate

Thats is fucking insane. Gz for getting this done

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Wonder what the tank's dps was at such high stacks.
    Not that high, did about 20k for 30s as highest, and 15k avg.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy crap.

sweet :|
    would like to test it but p4 will suck with DK no jump , no intercept :/ could be done with an retri helping out , but hmm dont think they would want to take the trouble to test it , think poeple are happy to clear in 2 hours and to wait for 4.3^^

Quote Originally Posted by Superalpaca View Post
    Just the hundreds of parses up on WoL. There's even multiple parses with 10m swings averaging below 30k.
    On hard mode? lol ok sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi all in this topic.
    I'm feral druid (cat) from this Russian guild. My nickname is Фэйворит.
    Thank you for your comments and advertising =)

We were not the first who killed Ragnaros in one tank. Maybe we're the first one who killed it in protwarrior. Perhaps the first who posted the video with the tank PoV.
    Some words about tactic. When we began to explore Ragnaros, we ran into a dps for the third phase. Sometimes we got 2 meteors on it. Sometimes we could not pass the second transition phase due to low dps.
    One of the Insignia's members suggested me to kill Ragnaros with one tank. After the first pool, we realized that we kill it so.
    Now I'm writing about the passage of the boss in one tank:
    1) In one tank kill is more convenient. dps if higher, all phases are shorter (for example, you'll have only three magma-traps on first, one meteor on third, in every case)
    2) Dot falls from the tank on the transitions, during improved sulfuras and roots. Sometimes fall off and the middle phase, if your tank is lucky.
    3) the complexities of heal the tank are on the 2nd phase - the second seeding and heal in the "world in flames". Sometimes my cat heals our tank in this moment. Tank have to use shield wall here. And you should drop boss below 40% during second "world in flames", in order to get tank without any stacks of DoT on the second transition phase.
    4) To implement the "one tank strategy", tank itself has no room for error, he must calculate the use of his cooldowns for seconds (the video shows it all), the second heal must help the first during "world in flames" and in the end of the third phase.
    5) Meteor have pushed mainly heals.
    6) If the roots appear in the fire, the cat (firefighter) dragged boss there. If the roots appear in a boss, tank jumped out and led boss away. Then, at the right time frostdk put the boss in the roots.
    7) Total it took us 78 attempts, of which 10 or 11 - had a wipe in 4th phase with 4-10% of the boss at the end. When we got lucky with the roots and the fire - the boss was killed.

Now we are killing Ragnaros with 2-3 new people every week. The boss becomes simple after parsing all the nuances of the battle.
    Gz to everyone who has already killed him, and good luck to anyone who tries to do the same

P.S. Sry for my bad English) Thanks again for your comments, especially

Do you hear how calm they sound on their first kill. Fucking ice water in their veins. Gotta love the ruskis!
    Last edited by Faivorit; 2011-11-14 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorit, you put 6) twice

Good strategy, grats to you guys. This is what separates the good tanks from the bad, and are examples to be followed. Thanks for the video.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Also, resistance elixir instead of flask.
    That's really the norm anyway. Mastery elixir + prismatic > flask. Unless you're capped.

I really really love this strat and I want to try it. Now to convince my guild..

@Faivorit do you think it is doable with a paladin tank? Or is the loss of mobility too big? I saw one moment at least when heroic leap prevented a wipe (world in flames + meteor behind the tank)
    Last edited by mmocd01386186f; 2011-11-14 at 01:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    double posting
    Last edited by Faivorit; 2011-11-15 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is doable in any tank. imho protwarrior is a best tank on four phase, but he takes really more damage in phases 1-3 than others.

world in flames+meteor behind the tank are tank's and raid's mistakes. tank stayed in wrong plase, healer had to hit meteor earlier.

on 2 transition phase you hunter/rogue must use tricks or missdirect to prevent large adds hit healers
    on 4 phase you can get troubles if roots spawn too far. our tank use heroic leap in this situation, but you can use druid's roar or do circle taunt between firefighter, holy paladin, melee dps and tank.
    Boss has a good randomization on 4 phase, so you must learn how to pass through 1-3 phases an every pull. And you'll get first kill only when you''ll get luck with fire and roots.
    So do more attempts and less time spend on the forum=)

Good luck

P.S. our tank read this topic. Now he wants to join only Paragon or Ensidia) Someone write a couple of messages that our tank has low skill and that he is bad , please. We don't want to lose him)
    Last edited by Faivorit; 2011-11-14 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good day, very pleasant to watch the commentary.
    I hope my friend's advice to someone helped. Regarding the UI, addons list and UI download link added in video description.

Quote Originally Posted by Faivorit View Post
    our tank read this topic. Now he wants to join only Paragon or Ensidia) Someone write a couple of messages that our tank has low skill and that he is bad , please. We don't want to lose him)
    a thin Russian trolling xD