Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does anyone pay raiders?

My raid team consists of 10 players and I am doing a gold payout to each with t12 ending. Everyone is getting 15k gold and 1 person 10K as he joined 1/2 way through. Anyone else do anything like this?

We also cover the following below.
    Repairs
    Flasks and Feasts
    All gems, helm, shoulder gylphs, enchants and armor kits

Towards the end of BC the raiding guild I was in cashed out all the mats and recipes that had been collected t4-t6 and split the gold among the members. I think it's a good thing to do toward the end of each expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, you earn what you fight for. Only payment we have is buff food and repairs. The rest is peoples on job to handle, and of course we are covered by all professions, so cheaper crafting of various items.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Best pugged raids I've been in were GDKP, where you got gold at the end of the night. Otherwise, haven't seen this.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Well, my guild gets everything they point at cuz I got stupidly much gold (Everytime I watch anime I make gold at the same time by making a super small wow window I cant even see and spam 1 button while watching the anime on another screen, and I watch LOTS of anime). (This includes mounts too, and all boes and shit)

We've been dumping gold on boe's for raiders a couple weeks into a tier to fill those more elusive slots. Obviously there's no point in just stockpiling gold in the guild bank, and flasks, potions, food, repairs, enchants...all of that is trivial to keep up with.

Deleted
    As old guild master since as far as i can remember (Played since Vanilla), i think it should "hurt" if people underperforming. If they don't do their job properly, it'll cost most gold in repairs and so on. If people just focus up and kill stuff, it dosen't cost them as much.

Wish my guild(s) had been this thoughtful. Most of the time you just see a guild bank rotting with 980k gold and 8 tabs worth of shinies with limited access. Then the guild disbands or transfers and you never see a copper.

Well food, flasks and repairs are provided. Also when the next addon is coming huge quantities of the new tradegoods will be bought so people can skill their professions with it which is quite a nice gold sink considering the pricing of those at the start of a new expansion.

Deleted
    That sounds a great idea and definitely something Ill be considering doing after 4.3 as an attendence incentive.

paying is good if u can reward loyal and competent guildies.. not only should they get drops from raiding but also payment if they dont suck. and if u can spare it.. like selling boes nobody needs to the ah or whatnot. only pay people if they arent bad.

Deleted
    No, why would you pay the raiders? It's not like it's their job to raid, they do it to progress, have fun and get gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McHudgens View Post
    No, why would you pay the raiders? It's not like it's their job to raid, they do it to progress, have fun and get gear.
    I run a 10man guild, 5/7 HC prenerf Bale post-nerf and we racked up over 250k in "spare" cash during 4.2 even after paying for food, flasks, enchants, BoEs and craftables for every single raider in the guild. Theres no use for unused cash so may as well hand it out so people can buy vanity items with it or to fuel their alts or whatever they want to do with it. They helped make that money so only fair that it gets split with them.

Deleted
    Its a nice thing to do. But if you cover enchants, glyphs, gems, feasts etc already, you dont really have to do it imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    My old guild used some left over cash to have a big battle in stv, everyone against everyone and the last person standing wins and keeps all the spoils.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

We get flasks, food and repairs paid for. That's enough for me. We can get free gems and enchants, but frankly very few of us bother. We have more than enough of our own. Same with gold. I've got just under 100k (after buying ~40k of pets), and never felt like it wasn't enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Its a nice thing to do. But if you cover enchants, glyphs, gems, feasts etc already, you dont really have to do it imo.
    Oh its definitely not something thats expected of guilds, and Im sure alot of guild leaders actually just use it as a personal pocket fund for whatever they want or just let it sit there and stagnate. But its something just as a little extra "good job this tier, see you again next!" bonus for people to play around with.

My guild pays raiders for end boss kills, and 100% attendance. Everyone got 20k+ for H Rag. We also get free flasks and fish feasts and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    It sounds really nice to be a raider in your guild Although I have to ask, how on earth do you afford that?

Reading your post makes me feel like a cheap ass lol. I'm an officer (the only officer) in a 10 man raiding guild. We have free repairs (all days and not just on raid days), we gave everyone free 378 boots, we sometime buy a BoE to someone who needs it. We do pay for feasts and cauldrons, but people have to pay a total of 900g per month for this. We also pay for expensive enchants - those that requires Maelstroms basically.

But as I said, I kinda feel like a cheap ass right now. I can see that several of you have free feasts and flasks but doesn't that cost you a minor fortune? Nobody fish in my guild, they're all too lazy - even though we offer the same amount of gold as what they can get from AH. I just foresee our gold dropping really fast this way, but this is something for me to think about for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    It sounds really nice to be a raider in your guild Although I have to ask, how on earth do you afford that?

Reading your post makes me feel like a cheap ass lol. I'm an officer (the only officer) in a 10 man raiding guild. We have free repairs (all days and not just on raid days), we gave everyone free 378 boots, we sometime buy a BoE to someone who needs it. We do pay for feasts and cauldrons, but people have to pay a total of 900g per month for this. We also pay for expensive enchants - those that requires Maelstroms basically.

But as I said, I kinda feel like a cheap ass right now. I can see that several of you have free feasts and flasks but doesn't that cost you a minor fortune? Nobody fish in my guild, they're all too lazy - even though we offer the same amount of gold as what they can get from AH. I just foresee our gold dropping really fast this way, but this is something for me to think about for sure.
    After first couple weeks we get so many excess BoEs that we can often end up 50k sellings spares on AH up in a single reset with a single 10man team.