Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Watch movie with dualscreen?

Hey, so im just watching a movie in dualscreen, watched in windows media player and that worked fine, during the time i had a autoclicker pressing something on my other screen, that was fine, but this doesn't work in VLC media player.. any way to get it to work? (I accidentally downloaded Blueray movies and can only see them in vlc)

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly not even sure what you're asking... Can you clarify this?

10+ Year Old Account
    He's asking how can he keep his computer from going to sleep/screen saver from coming on with a program like an auto clicker/mouse jiggle, while using VLC. I don't know why it doesn't work in VLC but works in WMP : /

Turn screensaver off, that will solve the problem. It's no longer needed with LCD monitors.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you have movie running on screen1 and an auto clicker doing something on screen 2?

What programs are open on screen 2? Whats the auto clicker doing? What happens on screen 1 in VLC that didn't happen in WMP?

Little more info plz:P

Odd, never had any problems with either of those 2 players. Maybe check your windows settings or the player settings.

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

Deleted
    Screensavers were ancient methods of avoiding screen damage.
    Old monitors had sensitive insides, while todays monitors have sensitive outsides.

All in all, just turn all screensavers off.

Deleted
    Damn im stupid.
    What i mean is the "popup" at the bottom of the screen, where you can see skype/steam/wow etc, that you usually open when you press your windowsbutton

You trying to hide the notification on the right hand side of the screen or are you trying to hide the entire taskbar? Either way, right clicking the video and going to full screen should hide everything and should technically span across both screens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adorada View Post
    You trying to hide the notification on the right hand side of the screen or are you trying to hide the entire taskbar? Either way, right clicking the video and going to full screen should hide everything and should technically span across both screens.
    Im trying to hide the taskbar, and ye i know about the fullscreen, always using it, but whenever i press on the other screen the taskbar pops up :/

Deleted
    I accidentally downloaded Blueray movies and can only see them in vlc
    are you saying you pirated a blue ray? i'm just confused.

Something in your settings are screwy, cause I watch full screen movies on my 2nd monitor all the time while I'm actively working on the first monitor.

You are misunderstanding what he is asking I think.

What is happening is, he got a movie open on his main monitor (the one with the task bar) and clicking the 2nd monitor from time to time. Upon doing so windows think the video is not as important as the task bar and shows it at the bottom of the screen.

Unfortunately I don't know how to solve this. Been having this problem myself for as long as i can remember. Bare in mind I rent my videos on DVDs where as OP does it some other way

Quote Originally Posted by Mordoran View Post
    You are misunderstanding what he is asking I think.

What is happening is, he got a movie open on his main monitor (the one with the task bar) and clicking the 2nd monitor from time to time. Upon doing so windows think the video is not as important as the task bar and shows it at the bottom of the screen.

Unfortunately I don't know how to solve this. Been having this problem myself for as long as i can remember. Bare in mind I rent my videos on DVDs where as OP does it some other way
    Haha, yea this. Sorry for explaining very very badly, i've been sick and i dont really work at all when im sick

Quote Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
    yep

15+ Year Old Account
    so you are fishboting on screen 1 and watching a movie on screen 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
    Depends what country you are in. Downloading movies/music is okay in the Netherlands as long as it is for personal use only! (dunno where OP is from)

Quote Originally Posted by Dehmona View Post
    Depends what country you are in. Downloading movies/music is okay in the Netherlands as long as it is for personal use only! (dunno where OP is from)
    downloading movies is perfectly legal in every country provided you own an actual copy of them, if you owned a bluray movie but wanted to watch it on your pc but with no money for a bluray drive i would suggest downloading them

10+ Year Old Account
    Have had the same problem, using Media Player Classic.

Obvious workaround, if an option, is to set the other monitor as the main monitor, so that the monitor you're clicking around on will be the one with the taskbar.

You could probably get the files playable in Windows Media Player by just installing a codec-pack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    downloading movies is perfectly legal in every country provided you own an actual copy of them, if you owned a bluray movie but wanted to watch it on your pc but with no money for a bluray drive i would suggest downloading them
    I highly doubt this.

edit: woho doublepost!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    Don't even have to own a copy in the Netherlands, we got some halfway system where only the uploading is illegal. The Dutch goverment fails in a good way