Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Please help! Keyboard won't work! Code 43

I have been playing Rift, all day and when I turned back on my computer, my keyboard won't work, it gives me Code 43
    error, I tried plugging another keyboard and is the same thing. I checked the ports and they work fine with other devices!

What can i do?

Thanks!
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g

Smile

Angel25
    Please help! Keyboard won't work! Code 43

I have been playing Rift, all day and when I turned back on my computer, my keyboard won't work, it gives me Code 43
    error, I tried plugging another keyboard and is the same thing. I checked the ports and they work fine with other devices!

What can i do?

Thanks! .
    Hi,

You get this error message only if the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.
    I suggest that you run the Hardware Troubleshooter on the computer and check.

1. Click Start.
    2. Type in Troubleshooting in the Start Search.
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
    4. Click on Hardware Devices.

Now check if that fixes the issue or not.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by COLWRAITH View Post
    Hi,

You get this error message only if the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.
    I suggest that you run the Hardware Troubleshooter on the computer and check.

1. Click Start.
    2. Type in Troubleshooting in the Start Search.
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
    4. Click on Hardware Devices.

Now check if that fixes the issue or not.
    I can't type! :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel25 View Post
    copy and paste "Troubleshooting"
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

I'm assuming USB keyboard? which model in particular? What are the "other devices" you're trying? Have you tried other ports?

Code 43 is often caused by a faulty usb device or the usb controller/ports themselves or the driver for the USB controller or even the specific device has become damaged/unresponsive. It'd help to know the other steps you've taken on this...since if "other devices" work it's hard to narrow down without knowing more details.

If you can't type normally, in Windows 7 go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Ease of Access > Onscreen Keyboard
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2011-11-13 at 01:11 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I'm assuming USB keyboard? which model in particular? What are the "other devices" you're trying? Have you tried other ports?

Code 43 is often caused by a faulty usb device or the usb controller/ports themselves or the driver for the USB controller or even the specific device has become damaged/unresponsive. It'd help to know the other steps you've taken on this...since if "other devices" work it's hard to narrow down without knowing more details.

If you can't type normally, in Windows 7 go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Ease of Access > Onscreen Keyboard
    Yes, I'm using a USB Keyboard. I have tried other ports and nothing, I got a HP and a Dell keyboard and neither one, will work. They
    won't turn on! I have connected usb mouse and it works, but the Keyboard just won't work! :/

Yes, I'm using a USB Keyboard. I have tried other ports and nothing, I got a HP and a Dell keyboard and neither one, will work. They
    won't turn on! I have connected usb mouse and it works, but the Keyboard just won't work! :/
    Good point DoH!

Click on start > RIGHT click computer, click properties, click on Device manager in the left pane, look for any " ! " and right click uninstall it. Than remove your usb keyboard and then scan for hardware changes; once it doesnt find anything new. Then plug in your keyboard again. You might ok at this point.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by COLWRAITH View Post
    Good point DoH!

Click on start > RIGHT click computer, click properties, click on Device manager in the left pane, look for any " ! " and right click uninstall it. Than remove your usb keyboard and then scan for hardware changes; once it doesnt find anything new. Then plug in your keyboard again. You might ok at this point.
    Nothing happened! Maybe I should do a restore point? How do i do that?

i'm so confused to how u hav managed to type all this out so far :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    i'm so confused to how u hav managed to type all this out so far :P
    I'm using my Mac! lol

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 01:39 AM ----------

Now it when i plug it in nothing happens it doesn't even try to install it!

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 01:58 AM ----------

Any more ideas?

Like others have said, it is due to a faulty usb driver. What you can do is open up the control panel > system > device manager. Then find all the Universal Serial Bus controllers and then delete them (right clicking them and clicking uninstall). Reboot the system, and plug the keyboard in, it should find the item, and reinstall the required driver(s).

Have you tried using a different keyboard yet?

Really your main goal right now should be to figure out where the problem is.

Your three main considerations are:

Hardware (USB ports)
    Software (Drivers)
    Hardware (Keyboard)

So assuming other things work in the USB ports, and you've reinstalled the drivers, that leaves the physical keyboard which you can probably send in for warranty. You can switch keyboards to test this.

Edit: If none of the above worked, then your computer just isn't recognizing keyboards at all and it's most likely a software issue.

My only thought is that if it's trying to draw power off the USB port for some reason and unable to do so.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    now it doesn't even recognize it! I have try other keyboards and nothing, I have tested the port with other USB like mouse and so on and it works! The keyboards just aren't working!

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 03:44 AM ----------

Alright so oddly enough its working now!