Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Scoops' 4.3 Holy Priest BiS List!

CURRENTLY STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Chest:
    [Robes of Dying Light]

Received from :
    [Chest of the Corrupted Conqueror] tier token drops from Ultraxion exchange this at the valor vendor.
    -----------------

Boots:
    [Splinterfoot Sandals]

This item is from the Valor vendors at a cost of 1650 Valor points.

-----------------

Gloves:
    [The Hands of Gilly]
    Alternative (Tier Gloves): [Handwraps of Dying Light]

This item is from the Valor vendors at a cost of 1650 Valor points.

-----------------

Head:
    [Cowl of Dying Light]

Received from[b] :
    [Crown of the Corrupted Conqueror] tier token drops from Warmaster Blackhorn exchange this at the valor vendor.
    -----------------

Legs:
    [Legwraps of Dying Light]

Received from[b] :
    [Leggings of the Corrupted Conqueror] tier token drops from Yor'sahj the Unsleeping exchange this at the valor vendor.
    -----------------

Shoulders:
    [Mantle of Dying Light]

Received from[b] :
    [Shoulders of the Corrupted Conqueror] tier token drops from Hagara the Stormbinder exchange this at the valor vendor.
    -----------------

Belt:
    [Cord of the Slain Champion]
    Alternative: [Vestal's Irrepressible Girdle](From 1650 Valor Points)

Drops from Warlord Zon'ozz in the Dragon Soul raid instance.

-----------------

Wrist:
    [Dreamwraps of the Light]

This item is crafted by tailors!

-----------------

Mainhand:
    [Maw of the Dragonlord]

Drops from the Madness of Deathwing in the Dragon Soul raid instance.

-----------------

Offhand:
    [Ledger of Revolting Rituals]

Drops from Ultraxion in the Dragon Soul raid instance.

-----------------

Wand:
    [Scintillating Rods]

This item is from the Valor vendors at a cost of 700 Valor points.

-----------------

[Band of Reconstruction]

This item is from the Valor vendors at a cost of 1250 Valor points.

-----------------

[Signet of Suturing]

This is a shared boss loot item in the Dragon Soul raid instance.

-----------------

[Seal of the Seven Signs]

Drops from Warlord Zon'ozz in the Dragon Soul raid instance.

-----------------

[Windward Heart]

This is a shared boss loot item in the Dragon Soul raid instance.

**Consider [Heart of Unliving] as an alternative if you prefer gearing for regen. Note that it now has 323int on it. Thanks Shaelyaer for the tip.**

-----------------

Neck:
    [Petrified Fungal Heart]

Drops from Morchok in the Dragon Soul raid instance.

-----------------

Cloak:
    [Woundlicker Cover]

This item is from the Valor vendors at a cost of 1250 Valor points.

-----------------

Meta:

Gems:

EDIT: Just an edit here to fix the geming section. I strongly recommend Int/Mastery gems for all yellow sockets and I have recently started using Int/Spirit in red sockets due to the nature of fights in DS although this is still a preference choice with straight int.

X17

x3

x0 Although this is a preference option, gem as needed for extra haste. Please see this guide to decide how much haste you want.

x0 unless alternative belt or gloves are used. (NOTE: These can also replaces your straight int gems as a preference option)

Prismatic:

Shoulder Enchant: (If not Inscriptionist, although I am)

Head enchant:

Spellthread:

NOTES:

• This list is incomplete, I'd love to have your opinions on anything that should be changed/that you would do different.
    • For the time being I'll be gemming straight int where possible, Mastery**/int on yellow sockets, spirit/int on blue sockets. haste/int is a preference option.
    • I'll personally be using the Inscription shoulder enchant.
    • This list does not take heroic loot into consideration as I feel normal raid loot is much more relevant to most people for the time being.

• Something to take note of when deciding on a weapon:

Quote Originally Posted by Celythius
      [Maw of the Dragonlord] is an evolved version of [Trauma]
      I am certain that the discussion will argue Resto Druids will benefit from this mace the most since the proc effect is guaranteed to go off immediately due to the nature of HoTs. According to Wowhead, it does not proc off EoL and has a proc rate of 15%
      [Visage of the Destroyer] - (Blackhorn) Ideal for Discos or H. Priests stacking MST
      [Scalpel of Unrelenting Agony] (Yor'sahj) - If you would like to go for a HST build. It all depends on your healing comp
    Last edited by scoops; 2012-02-24 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Changed Gemming info

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I will go for http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77225 (Visage of the Destroyer) instead of Maw + Ledger.

177 Spirit / 246 Mastery > 5 Int / 7 Stamina / 166 Haste / 159 Spellpower / Crappy proc that requires that I'm positioned properly all the time and will most likely always go off when nobody is in front of me at all. (Link to Wowhead comparison tool for these)

Otherwise I pretty much agree with your list. Of course, for some pieces there aren't really and choices. There are only two rings, only one cloak, etc. One thing I would add: The "Artful Lava Coral" (Mastery/Int). The gear on this list has so much Haste already, some people (like me) will want to balance this a bit by socketing Mastery.
    Last edited by Venara; 2011-11-14 at 11:08 AM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really a 'best in slot' list when it's ilevel 397 stuff.

I'm pretty sure http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77996 (Heart of Unliving) will be BiS. You can swap out spirit pieces for caster pieces, if needed. Windward Heart is really weak, especially considering you need to crit heals to get it to proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    @venara
    you really can't claim that untill we know more about the proc on maw, hell even http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=78486(tit'ankh) might be better once we know about the internal cd of the procs.
    Priest? What do you mean i'm a priest?
    I have dots, a pet and i can turn into a dark purple form with wings, i'm obviously a warlock!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    It's not really a 'best in slot' list when it's ilevel 397 stuff.

I'm pretty sure http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77996 (Heart of Unliving) will be BiS. You can swap out spirit pieces for caster pieces, if needed. Windward Heart is really weak, especially considering you need to crit heals to get it to proc.
    I think it's a pre-Heroic BiS list. Which is what I would prefer considering Dragon Soul isn't even released.

I prefer Heart of Unliving as a trinket as well, but going by the iLVL it's probably from the penultimate Deathwing?

15+ Year Old Account
    I am just too annoyed to check these BiS lists, after realizing there will be ONLY ONE spirit cloth drop (chest on top of all, hello tier) in Dragon Soul, and plenty of leather/plate/mail with spirit. I am sick of having to grind VP and pay for expensive tailoring gears and get geared last of all in the raids, and having to settle with non-heroic items cause I can't afford the loss in Spirit.

Tvi vale...

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought there was going to be loads? In fact, this list has several of those (non-tier) cloth drops listed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I thought there was going to be loads? In fact, this list has several of those (non-tier) cloth drops listed.
    ONLY the chest is a boss drop, the rest is VP/tailoring.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I think it's a pre-Heroic BiS list. Which is what I would prefer considering Dragon Soul isn't even released.

I prefer Heart of Unliving as a trinket as well, but going by the iLVL it's probably from the penultimate Deathwing?
    It is. How do you directly link an item, by the way? Always wondered that.

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    ONLY the chest is a boss drop, the rest is VP/tailoring.
    Another great excuse to get yourself a Heart of Unliving and piss the casters off by needing on all their loot for another tier.

Unless you know for a fact that the armor types have multiple options for all their other slots (not just chest) your complaint is rather baseless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    Another great excuse to get yourself a Heart of Unliving and piss the casters off by needing on all their loot for another tier.
    I would, if I was pure Disc, but I am Holy MS (even tho I've been more or less forced to disco the whole FL). And a Spirit trinket is a poor excuse. I rather pass non Spirit items for our Dps since a non Spirit item would not be a big upgrade for me in Holy specc. What is the reasoning?? I just don't get it and I feel so fekking disappointed... Again...

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Unless you know for a fact that the armor types have multiple options for all their other slots (not just chest) your complaint is rather baseless.
    Yepp, they do. Plenty.

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=1963...oul-raid-drops

So Holy is the way to go with 4.3 or is a disc 4.3 list coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    So Holy is the way to go with 4.3 or is a disc 4.3 list coming?
    Just because there is a bis for holy does not mean holy will be the go to spec in 4.3. Actually disc stat weights are so close together that a bis for disc will not exist because you can do whatever you want and still be efficient (haste crit stacking will be viable, haste mastery stacking is viable, crit mastery stacking is viable, so your bis will be whatever you stack).
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Zito, and add to that Disc can choose from the non spirit items aswell, wich Holy should not. So for Disc it's pretty much ilvl(int) that is king.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Yes, Zito, and add to that Disc can choose from the non spirit items aswell, wich Holy should not. So for Disc it's pretty much ilvl(int) that is king.
    Holy got screwed in firelands too in terms of spirit
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Let us hope that this time they actually put heroic versions of VP stuff in game.
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

Barring last minute changes, you can consider Maw of the Dragonlord BiS hands down. The proc is probably still overpowered. You can also add the shadow tier gloves http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=76348 which will probably be our offset piece for heroic.
    Last edited by Maladi; 2011-11-14 at 03:42 PM.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Backreaper View Post
    @venara
    you really can't claim that untill we know more about the proc on maw, hell even http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=78486(tit'ankh) might be better once we know about the internal cd of the procs.
    I agree in regards to Tit'ankh but Maw has a downside that doesn't require us to know the ICD of the proc:

You need to have people in front of you AND you can not control when the proc occurs.

Worst case scenario? It always procs when you need to move, face away from the group or simply have no one in front of you which would make the proc utterly useless. You can not argue with that. Of course, skilled healers will try to get the most out of this weapon and try to have people in front of them but it is still a downside.

Until we can see numbers (ICD and how much healing this thing does in an average fight with an averagely skilled healer using it) nothing is certain though. Could always be that it has a really short ICD like 20 seconds or something. We'll see.

@Ultima:

Didn't see that trinket before, looks delicious. I'd probably lose the Windward Heart and grab this instead.
    Last edited by Venara; 2011-11-14 at 03:48 PM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy seems much more viable than in Firelands, with the Hymn and Sanctuary changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    I agree in regards to Tit'ankh but Maw has a downside that doesn't require us to know the ICD of the proc:

You need to have people in front of you AND you can not control when the proc occurs.

Worst case scenario? It always procs when you need to move, face away from the group or simply have no one in front of you which would make the proc utterly useless. You can not argue with that. Of course, skilled healers will try to get the most out of this weapon and try to have people in front of them but it is still a downside.
    It has something like a 15 second ICD, a high proc chance, and hits ALL targets in front of you. On 25 man, it's honestly kind of insane.