need some business tips

sup

have always had a good way of making gold, but not really through the AH, usually through some method that took alot of time lol.

but now sense i have had just leveled enchanting on my alt. with my main being a JC

i realize that having a JC and ench can yield alot of profit

whether it be selling gems, crafting the cheap ring/necks to be DEd and then creating enchanting scrolls

so im just looking for some advice from someone who does exactly this and yields good profits

i do realize its not good to stack the AH with certain items because they may not be bought often and the chance you will be undercut is high.

and with 4.3 on our heals, alot of people are definitely going to be in need of alot of gems and enchants, so looking for some tips to yield a large profit this upcoming patch.

PS, i have been prospecting the hundreds of pyrite ore i had piled XD, so i have thousands of volatile earth, and 200+ of each rare gem
    Last edited by orderschvank; 2011-11-13 at 03:05 AM.

do whatever adds value.

dont prospect if the pyrite is worth more than the gems/earth. from there, you can either sell the raw gems if they are worth most, you can cut the gems and sell, make the necks and sell, or make the necks and DE. Whatever results in the most value.

you can also buy enchant mats on AH and make scrolls to sell. Most server economies are actually poorly served,if you can consistantly post a few of every craftable item at a fairly consistant markup over its material costs of maybe 25%, you will inevitably find yourself lowest on the market and get a fairly high volume of sales as a result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    do whatever adds value.

dont prospect if the pyrite is worth more than the gems/earth. from there, you can either sell the raw gems if they are worth most, you can cut the gems and sell, make the necks and sell, or make the necks and DE. Whatever results in the most value.

you can also buy enchant mats on AH and make scrolls to sell. Most server economies are actually poorly served,if you can consistantly post a few of every craftable item at a fairly consistant markup over its material costs of maybe 25%, you will inevitably find yourself lowest on the market and get a fairly high volume of sales as a result.
    Enchants that can be used on heirlooms are huge sellers. I got +100 HP to chest for only 5g, when I probably would've paid over 100g for it. I'm trying to get an enchanter to enchant Stealth on cape (8 agility and 8 dodge rating); the only scrolls available were over 420g apiece, while the mats are only 110g.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Part of my revenue is through the obsidium shuffle, it's extremely hard not to profit.

Check your realm's average ore prices at theunderminejournal.com, and buy up ore a few gold cheaper than average. (Obsidium is worth more than elementium, only buy pyrite if you have a BS or find an insane deal.) Spend some mindless hours prospecting, and use all but the blue uncommon gems (zephyrites are only good for vendoring outside of JC daily day) to craft the green rings/necks/carnelian fist weapons, and disenchant those. Craft some nice selling scrolls, and list 2-3 at any given time. You're creating the mats for lower than what they're selling on the AH, so don't worry if an enchant seems slightly unprofitable (unless your realm is severely fucked, in which case I am so sorry >_>).

You'll wind up with a surplus of dust, I use tailoring to craft embersilk bags to dump, though you'll be able to vendor it in 4.3. You'll have a shortage of shards and essences, you can fix the shard issue if you have a BS by crafting Stormforged Shoulders to d/e, but you'll still need essences. You can buy up carnelians if you want to craft. I typically vendor all rare gems except red and orange, since they just don't move on my server.

You may not want to disenchant the blue proc jasper rings and alicite pendants. They have a level req. of 79, so you can easily sell them at around 70-100g a pop since people looking to PvP at that level bracket will buy them.

As for cuts, I move a lot more +int reds than +str or +agi, but I just keep 3-4 on the AH at a time and relist/undercut as necessary. btw, undercut by 1c! People don't look for deals, they literally just buyout the first item listed.

Edit: I'd also like to add that, if the button-mashing deliciousness of the obsidium shuffle just isn't enough, the saronite shuffle is very profitable as well. I buy up saronite ore for around ~20g, as well as cheap Eternal/Crystallized Earth, as Infinite Dust and the wotlk essences sell very well on my server for around 70g/90g per stack respectively. Additionally, the +22 agi to cloak is the BiS enchant for both hunters and feral druids, better than any Cata enchant, and +5 gathering sells too.
    Last edited by Glad; 2011-11-13 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Enchants that can be used on heirlooms are huge sellers.
    Oh yeah. HUGE sellers.

+15 Agility to Weapon goes for ~350g per scroll.
    Crusader goes for ~500g per scroll.

It's a matter of spending a little bit of time to farm the mats. But overall the time is worthy it.

It's all about knowing the market that you decide to get into, if you have the JC tokens and want to dabble in that market check out
    http://vilesauctions.blogspot.com/20...everybody.html
    or if you decide to go and try your gold making in enchanting check out
    http://vilesauctions.blogspot.com/20...to-profit.html