Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If the pets are that close without pet switching I have a hard thinking how hardcasting a pet and using a soulshard to summon a new one immediately would give you any type of gain, especially considering the only thing that makes pet swapping viable for demo the fact that felguard has felstorm and an amazing demonsoul to make up for the lost time spent casting, and the imp and felhunter as of now with shadowflame are practically identical to each other overall. The closest thing I can see to pet swapping in live is maybe starting with the imp for a better demonsoul at the start and then using a single soulshard to instant summon a felhunter and then use the felhunter for the remainder of the fight, and even then I have no idea if the GCD you spent summoning the felhunter would even be offset by the damage gain you get from having an imp DS instead of felhunter DS at the beginning of the fight. It would be an insanely marginal gain and require you to be in melee range for the entirety of the fight if it were to provide any type of gain at all.

The reason imp is so much better with 4.3 is because of the massive buff we're getting to burning embers and the increased ISF duration, meaning that we'll be casting soul fire less and as a result we'll never see our burning embers hit its damage cap from soulfire alone to take advantage of the buff in the same way we will be able to with an imp keeping it up 100% of the time.
    Last edited by gakpad; 2011-11-14 at 08:27 PM.

I don't play destro because demo is my main. However, it did intrigued me how the dps of the 2 different demons are relatively close for 4.2. I know 4.3 is buffing destro by a lot, but in the meantime, felhunter is op -.-.

well reforging all to crit instead of haste and combine that will felhunter crit, it will be nasty

Quote Originally Posted by RealHero View Post
    well reforging all to crit instead of haste and combine that will felhunter crit, it will be nasty
    The dps gain you get from the felhunter wouldn't be worth the dps you'd lose from gearing out of all that haste.

Deleted
    i also tried felhunter as destro a 1+ month ago, and it gave me better results than imp, as long as i hardcasted soulfire every ~ 7 seconds, to keep burning embers up. 1 soul fire brings burning embers to its max dmg, and burning embers also counts as a dot for the felhunter. you would also have a free glyph, which you could use for the (soon to be imba) shadowburns, or incinerate. hardcasting soul fire for burning embers means u can forget about isf buff. and yeah, not being able to shadowflame will hurt your dps a lot.

all in all, the results would be significantly better if u were to hardcast soul fires for burning embers (instead of casting incinerates without backdraft), but the play style would be quite annoying. not saying i couldnt get used to it, i always enjoyed harder and more rewarding play styles (like isf + affli). i also managed a 35k+ dps on baleroc in 25man hc with destro + felhunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the difference this small, apart from giving a buff that mages already give, I wouldn't bother switching. It's pretty much equal DPS, so the Imp beats it out on any fight with an airphase, on fights where you can not use Shadowflame (that should be something that increases the Shadow Bite), on fights with movement (due to it not having to move, and giving you instant Soul Fires), and on fights where a dispel comes in handy. Felhunter wins on fights where interupts are needed and when you miss certain buffs, but I'd go for Affliction then anyways. Also, Imp brings the benefit of the Stam-buff when no priest is present and the warrior is not always in range (not an issue in 25s of course, but neither is the buff that your felhunter brings).

So that's why I prefers me Imp Gobrot over the puppy Beenham (he's called Bheenam, but dutch people will get the pun)
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/