Madness of Deathwing

Is it effective to mult-dot the other sections other than the 1 you are on? I know I can reach them, I was not sure if the damage was reset when the section we are working on is destroyed.

I haven't done the fight personally but from the videos I've seen yes you can but damaging them can cause the tentacles to spawn so you will have to deal with multiple stacks of the debuff they cause.

Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    Is it effective to mult-dot the other sections other than the 1 you are on? I know I can reach them, I was not sure if the damage was reset when the section we are working on is destroyed.
    From the videos I've examined, it seems there is no downside to damaging the other sections assuming you do not lower their health below 90% before they are engaged by the full raid, though I'm not 100% certain since I have not tested it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Faradin View Post
    From the videos I've examined, it seems there is no downside to damaging the other sections assuming you do not lower their health below 90% before they are engaged by the full raid, though I'm not 100% certain since I have not tested it myself.
    The downside its going from plataform to plataform and that takes time, I think the best its just keep on one plataform and keep 3x SE on the 2 target

Anyway I think destro gona be better case of the spellweave thingy, since burning embers procs it and burnign embers have a high frequency 1sec thicks.

I did this on my guild on PTR me as aff and a way less geared destro lock had 2x more spellweave damage than me and I feel its becuase of the 1sec burning embers.

I think spellweave gona be a big factor it does shitloads of damage and specs that have high frequency spells gona benefict from it the most

edit: Some reserch on wowhead PTR DB

This is the aura http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=106040 and has a 35% chance to proc http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=106043

Not sure on HC but on LFR and possibly on normal dificulty that was my 2nd biggest source of dmage.
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2011-11-13 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    The downside its going from plataform to plataform and that takes time, I think the best its just keep on one plataform and keep 3x SE on the 2 target
    Yeah, I thought as much. Though it does mean Destruction might be able to use BoH on an out of Range target similar to Council of Wind.

Experience as 25n -

All but one platform (far right) is within 40 yards of the nearby platforms, so it is possible to cleave onto all targets - however you will not be able to sit in the bubble while doing so.

Given their HP, as both destruction and affi, I haven't managed to get them below 98% before we moved to the next platform, so there is no problem cleaving them, unless you have a large amount of players doing the same thing (I was the only one cleaving).

They do not reset hp when you jump.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2011-11-13 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    Experience as 25n -

All but one platform (far right) is within 40 yards of the nearby platforms, so it is possible to cleave onto all targets - however you will not be able to sit in the bubble while doing so.

Given their HP, as both destruction and affi, I haven't managed to get them below 98% before we moved to the next platform, so there is no problem cleaving them, unless you have a large amount of players doing the same thing (I was the only one cleaving).

They do not reset hp when you jump.
    wierd I wasnt able to target other stuff on leftmost plataform but I did fight long time ago maybe stuff changed

Valid point - I didn't think to try both directions, and it hasn't come up in our kill order so far. It is cleavable in the reverse direction, will try again tonight - I don't think they have moved any of the spawn locations through the iterations though.