Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Okay, im pretty sure I screwed myself somehow, and I really need help fixing it.

Within console commands, I was using the player.modav speedmult XXX command, as I play elves and think they should be short, but
    want them to be able to move as fast as everyone else. I didnt like the first value, so I tried another one, and the 2 stacked. I read that to remove it, you load your game. So I loaded a really far past game. Same command was in place. I tried the command where you give a -XXX in order to reduce it and nothing happens. I cant play with this ridiculously fast movement. Please help. Is there a way to remove all console commands?

Has anyone heard anything about a fix for the lag problems on the PS3 version?

What I experienced:

* Random lag/stuttering for no apparent reason

* I don't usually have a face (wearing Morokei mask), doesn't seem to load

* My game kept crashing a couple of times while using a spell on the wall in Sarthaal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    For people having skyrim crash on W7 try turning your sound to DvD quality instead of CD quality, fixed my problems.

Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Select the item on the list with the green check in the bottom right corner > Properties > Default Formats > Change to 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)
    Actually, it worked the other way around for me... It was default on DVD quality and after I had put it to CD quality it stopped crashing.

Deleted

Skyrim Texture Issues GTX460

Hello, it's my first post in the foroum but I think I'll stick around

Well... The issue is: I set the graphic settings as high as possible (1920x1080, 8 samples antializing and 16 samples anisotropic, high textures, high radial blur quality, ultra shadow detail, ultra Decal Quantity, reflects for land, objects, trees and sky on water and full distance on everything+Ultra quality).

The game runs very very smoothly without any glitches etc even with weather effects like heavy rain or snow.The distant environment, shadows and light falling on water and terrain are perfect. Although objects textures are horrible(I'd use far worse words but they would be inappropriate) There aren't any parts missing from objects like if you had set the graphics in low (like carvings on wood or stone or small objects etc) Everything is there, but there are just HORRIBLE, blury, pixely distorted textures on stone, grass, any terrain, walls, doors, objects and some weapons.

Although I've stumbled on 2 perfect textured objects throughout 50 hours of gameplay. My graphics card is set so it won't override the game application graphics settings in any way
    (allthough I've even tried overriding the game and set my ultra settings from nVidia panel and nothing different happened)
    My graphics Card's Drivers are up to date, so are my windows, direct X and PhysX.

My system information:

Intel i5 CPU 750 2.67GHz
    4 GB of RAM
    nVidia GeForce GTX 460 Graphics Card
    LG Full High Definition Monitor (1080p, 1920x1080)
    running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit ServicePack 1
    Direct X 11

Thank you in advance

Can no one help me? No one knows how I might remove those?

Quote Originally Posted by koeche View Post
    Can no one help me? No one knows how I might remove those?
    Since it's a multiplier, try the inverse of whatever you used. So if you multiplied it by 10, try 0.1.

I ran into some water that didn't render, it was odd. I'm finding the distant textures to be somewhat lackluster too, but it's better than Oblivion there at least. Oh, and I got stuck running like a werewolf when I wasn't in werewolf form once.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a wierd issue where my loading screens take forever, unless I Ctrl-Alt-Del, cancel, and then tab back into Skyrim..if I do that, the loading screen ends almost right as it opens back up. That's the main issue, I also experience some lag while in combat and the cursor is terribly slow while in the inventory menu, or the map.

I am having a weird bug where my weapon and shield outline is blue only inside of dungeons, and no it is not an enchantment. I reinstalled skyrim and that didn't work, and also updated my drivers. I am using an AMD Radeon HD 6570M.

15+ Year Old Account

Skyrim Graphics question

I got Skyrim on my PC, run it on High settings since it automatically detects it that way. Look awesome. Ok, my question is, Sometime when I hit the detect button to before playing, it will put me on Ultra High settings, and sometimes it will put me on High settings. Any explanation as to why?

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerhunter247 View Post
    I am having a weird bug where my weapon and shield outline is blue only inside of dungeons, and no it is not an enchantment. I reinstalled skyrim and that didn't work, and also updated my drivers. I am using an AMD Radeon HD 6570M.
    Yeah, I get that too sometimes, Not sure why. Sometimes entire shields, or pieces of armor turn a light blue color. I have to restart the game. I'm guessing within a week or two, Bethesda will release small patches to help with these. I'm playing on a PC btw.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raze664 View Post
    Main problem I'm having is it crashing to desktop, getting rather annoying. In the 25 hours I've picked up on it I've probably had about 45-50 crashes.

Would be nice for them to at least give me an error so I can try changing things, the only one i've found is to disable shadows and anti aliasing. I didn't spend £35 on a game to play it on anything other than Ultra. -.-

Occasionally get the texture bug, but that an easy fix, I just ALT + Tab out and back in and it works.
    I've tried basically every CTD fix I've read, there's only one that has worked for me, without changing graphics settings to minimum.

Stop anything which embeds in the game, X-Fire, Steam, etc... and Boot it directly from the .exe, you can't gain achievements, but at least you can play without it crashing every 10 minutes.

Whoever came up with the changing of the sound format must be having a completely different issue, but it had no effect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    I got Skyrim on my PC, run it on High settings since it automatically detects it that way. Look awesome. Ok, my question is, Sometime when I hit the detect button to before playing, it will put me on Ultra High settings, and sometimes it will put me on High settings. Any explanation as to why?

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 09:33 PM ----------

Yeah, I get that too sometimes, Not sure why. Sometimes entire shields, or pieces of armor turn a light blue color. I have to restart the game. I'm guessing within a week or two, Bethesda will release small patches to help with these. I'm playing on a PC btw.
    It seems to be when it fails to load the texture files, alt + tabbing out and back in works for me to fix this.

Loss of save files skyrim

So i guess this is a problem many have encountered... i had a char that i spent 30 hours playing on and wanted to try and just make a new char for fun... and in all my stupidity i forgot to make a save file... i guess i thought there was some kind of a system that separated character saves. So now i feel kind of bummed, does anyone know if there is a way to retrieve the files?
    Norway Ftw!

They really should have worked on horse and horse riding mechanics. This is for PC.

1. Horse will run up to mobs and engage them

2. If you get hit at the exact time you dismount from a horse, the horse will fly like 10,000 feet into the horizen super fast. Kinda cool, but I couldnt find him after that.

3. Sometimes the horse is there and sometimes he isnt at the stables when you buy one. My horse will show up at the stables in say whiterun, but if I go to Riften stables there isnt one their.

I get stuck right after the first guy gets beheaded... It will not progress at all. I've left the game on for 15m and nothing happens. (PC Vers)

i.imgur.com/V06kt.jpg

I'm apparently the only person having this issue because I can't google a solution. >.<

Edit: Fixed it by saving it at that moment in screenshot and reloading. (Though previous reloads didn't work.)
    Last edited by ReksWHM; 2011-11-20 at 09:10 AM.

Deleted
    Anyone else having problems actually loading into the game on the PC version? I've been sitting here for almost 5 minutes reading the dialogue and watching an image shrink and enlarge itself. This is really strange because I rarely ever see a second dialogue sentence before it loads.

Any thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    They really should have worked on horse and horse riding mechanics. This is for PC.

1. Horse will run up to mobs and engage them
    this puts me in a serious rage sometimes, say for instance my stam bar has run out and i run into some enemies i decide to dismount so they dont kill me or my horse only for the horse to do one of two things every time without fail, either charging into some enemies miles away and quickly snuffing it, or completely disappearing when i turn around even for a split second. thats the only "gamebreaker" for me so far as its just so irritating, other than that i love this game and couldnt recommend it quicker if i tried.

Deleted
    Anyone has shadow problems ? I don't mean simply ugly look ones, I got "stripes"..It happened out of the blue, and mostly at home in Whiterun.

I did have a game with TONS of .ini tweaks, I had 5-6 mods. The game was looking amazing (I had also configured the uGrid, which is a huge graphical boost because of less texture popping in the distant)

But then the shadows started to look like this after 10-15hours of play:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...57/?tab=public

I have tried re-installing, nothing helps (No INI tweaks or mods, no) :/ It is not ALL shadows, only seen it near a campfires, and it is only real bad at my home so far.

Supposedly the player-created patch could fix it, but it didn't help

Not sure how fast this will get pushed off but I will try to help here.. After a ton of searching on the web to fix my constant random CTD's (Crash To Desktop) I found a program at
    ww w.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556
    The program essentially will alter your TESV.exe file to allow more than 2 gigs of ram to be used when running the game. This allows for smoother gameplay on higher end machines and also stops the CTD issues that I was having while playing Skyrim with steam open.

To use it (not sure if there's proper instructions) -- Download and run the program.. open the TESV.exe file located in your main steam directory.. click the check box to Flag Large Address Aware. Then save.. Exit out of the program and run your Skyrim crash free hopefully.

P.S. Sorry for the broken link MMO has dis-alowed me from posting links.. just remove the space and go!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some fixes to issues mentioned

Crashes: Try this mod http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=202
    Basically if you have more than 2Gb of memory it should fix errors that try to allocate more than that thoughout its internal system. Doesn't mean that it will actually use 2Gb of physical RAM. Many reports that it no longer crashes after this patch.

Slow download from Steam: I hope you are aware that Steam throttles download speeds down when you start other Steam games? Simple fix: Restart Steam and don't play Steam games while downloading.

Shadows look bad/buggy: I'm actually curious about this one a bit. There are .ini tweaks like this one around http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=148
    But it propably depends alot on specific graphics card or manufacturer (ATI/NVidia) too.

Deleted
    Got huge problems tabbing in and out of the game. Trying to tab in again I have to tab out once again and then tab in to be able to get into the game. If I've been tabbed out for too long the game crashes.
    Might just be me but any game having problems with tabbing is just 100% lazyness from the programmers.