Which is more effiecent at healing 5 mans and ZA/ZG?

Holy or Disc ?

10+ Year Old Account
    5mans would be Disc, unless your group likes fire, then Holy, unless you can convince people to Use The Goddamn Lightwell, then Holy always wins.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find Holy the more comfortable spec to play. They're both viable though.

Deleted
    Disc is more efficient because you can dps while healing, which shortens things. But it depends on how good/geared your tank is.

Also depends how geared you are.
    As disc you can bubble everyone and stand there.
    Or just atonement smite spam and bubble the tank.

Deleted
    Prefered holy by far for heroics, even though i only really played disc before that.

Holy... Really?

A Disc priest stacking mastery isn't going to have any trouble healing ZA/ZG.... Forget PW:S, spam PoH with/without Inner Focus and the DA bubbles will see you through all but the worse AoE dmg. When mitigation is factored in, a Disc priest has as much AoE healing ability as Holy. If you are any good at managing mana at all you can spam that almost constant if you chose to be lazy. PoH is to Cata what Shield spamming was to Wrath.

Deleted
    A/AA spec is amazing for 5 mans since you can both DPS and heal at the same time, and Archangel really boosts PoH spam. Shield for Rapture enjoy the ride.

Both main Disc specs and Holy are fine for 5 mans, but for me, A/AA adds some extra flavour and my playstyle makes it more efficient. YMMV tho. And of course, nothing can help groups where people insist on hugging every fire and cleaving mob in sight.

Deleted
    Personally, i think holy is better for carrying scrubs standing in fire, and disc is better if the group knows what its doing.

However, both specs are perfectly fine, and for 5mans i'd just go with the one i enjoy playing most

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rentahealer View Post
    A Disc priest stacking mastery isn't going to have any trouble healing ZA/ZG.... Forget PW:S, spam PoH with/without Inner Focus and the DA bubbles will see you through all but the worse AoE dmg. When mitigation is factored in, a Disc priest has as much AoE healing ability as Holy. If you are any good at managing mana at all you can spam that almost constant if you chose to be lazy. PoH is to Cata what Shield spamming was to Wrath.
    I've always had trouble healing ZA/ZG as disc when the heavier aoe damage starts happening. I just feel like I have a lot more control with holy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    As Disc rely on PoM when an anticipated AoE Damage. Use Borrowed Time + Inner Focus + PoH.

Don't use Atonement Healing when the group is damaged as it would heal the ones with least health. Maybe you could PWS+ Pain Suppression the tank with renew on as you try to top up the others.

It's easier to heal With Holy priest since you have a burst AoE heal from CoH that benefits from ToP. You also have Sanc and LW. You also have PoM.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2011-11-18 at 08:36 AM.

it's piece of cake as a disc, you just cast PoH whole time, and you will end up every boss fight with full hp and shield on everyone absorbing around 60.000
    -
    as a holy, i had an problem and someone die from time to time, i dont know why ... i dont think im doing something stupid, people just see you in FL gear and they dont care they stand in fire ...

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 11:33 AM ----------

one thing i can see here, people says they have an issue with AOE healing ZG/ZA - that§s because they dont know encounter, you have to completely rework your style than ...
    -
    holy - reactive healing (you heal injury which already happen to someone)
    disc - proactive healing/shielding (you should tend to shield player BEFORE he get the damage, so in optimal state, he will never ever get even 1hp below his max hp pool)

Holy with a bad geared group. Once you're all around 359iLvl go Disc. It's basically like having a 4th dps with all heals being dealt with. It seriously is an amazing healing spec with the right group composition. Got to give Blizzard props for the atonement side of Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryl View Post
    Holy with a bad geared group. Once you're all around 359iLvl go Disc. It's basically like having a 4th dps with all heals being dealt with. It seriously is an amazing healing spec with the right group composition. Got to give Blizzard props for the atonement side of Disc.
    this exactly

10+ Year Old Account
    It shouldn't really matter and is largely dependent on how well you master each spec. If you're equally good at both specs, it still comes down to specific situations and groups, so you won't find one right answer.
    So I'll say as I always say: Play the spec you like best!
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I've played both Holy and Disc throughout Cata and I've enjoyed them both for 5-mans. However, I would give Disc an edge for mana management and being able to keep people up better when the crap hits the fan. Even poorly geared tanks seem to survive without much effort in a large PW:S and a Penanace. I use Inner Focus only as an emergency cool-down so it's always available for me if multiple people take damage. I finish most ZA/ZG boss fights with > 50% mana with no Shadowfiend/Hymn/Trinkets as Disc, even if people mess up. I don't seem to be able to do the same, consistently, as Holy spec.

That said, I think Holy plays better and I enjoy it more, despite Disc being more effective.
    Disc/Shadow Priest