Poll: Have you played the KotOR games?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Have you played the KotOR games?

I'm personally just replaying KotOR since there are supposedly lot of references to it in TOR, and its been so long since I last played through it that I would probably miss them without refreshing my memory a bit. Anyway I was wondering how many here have actually played the single player KotOR games here, if you haven't you probably should!

All I can say is don't bother with KoTOR2, it is a broken mess with half a story.

KoTOR was amazing though and pretty much should of been the prequal instead of that shit we got stuck with.

I bought Kotor from steam some weeks months ago and played a couple times to see the light side and dark side endings. I must say, I wasn't that impressed with the game

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    I bought Kotor from steam some weeks months ago and played a couple times to see the light side and dark side endings. I must say, I wasn't that impressed with the game
    At it's time of release 2003 (which is getting close to 10 years ago, jeesus xD) it was pretty groundbreaking.

I don't buy 8 year old games and expect them to rock my world.

I didnt manage to get off the starting world in kotor. Think im close, but just never felt like going back and restarting the game for like a 3rd time after i built this computer. Ive talked to a few people that said the starting world was boring as hell, but even finding out it apparently gets better didnt motivate me to go back. Only so much time for games...

I've played both. KotoR 1 I've played many, many times because it is just amazing. KotoR 2 I played once just to see what happened with everything. It wasn't a terrible game and a lot of the force moves were really cool (force crush was just awesome picking a dude up and seeing him go limp). But, as someone said, it was kind of a half-baked story that I felt could have been more fleshed out were it not rushed for the holiday release.

Deleted
    I tried KotOR very briefly.

Played both for about 10 times

IMO

Story: Kotor> Kotor 2

Gameplay: Kotor 2> Kotor

Fun Factor: Kotor> Kotor 2

Played them both, completed neither :P I found them boring and clunky as I played them after DA and Mass Effect and after hearing about TOR. Seriously, it's like watching one of your dad's favourite black and white movies; it was good for him when it first came out, but for someone who plays much later it felt bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Played both for about 10 times

IMO

Story: Kotor> Kotor 2

Gameplay: Kotor 2> Kotor

Fun Factor: Kotor> Kotor 2
    I almost agree but I think Kotor2 jjuusstt edged out Kotor 1 for fun factor, simply because I found their were ALOT more build options in Kotor 2, which led to some interesting combinations, like my favourite, what I dubbed the 'movie Jedi' start off as a Dex heavy lightside consular, single saber, then for PC pick Jedi Weaponsmaster. You got a nice force pool, great buffs, decent healing, great AC and good damage didn't work too well for Dark Side though
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Oh god yes - multiple playthroughs in both games.

played both but my win 7 is having too much issues with running either now sadly.

wanted to play them while waiting for TOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneglzilla View Post
    Oh god yes - multiple playthroughs in both games.

Same here.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

I played through both over the summer. Played the female light ending in KotOR I first followed by the female light ending in KotOR II. Then realized Revan was canonically a male so replayed with a male light ending. Can't bring myself to play dark sided. I tend to play female characters when I can chose my character's gender so playing a male was a bit of a shock for me. But now I want to play both males and females in TOR just to see both sides of the story.

KotOR II I had researched a bit as I played KotOR I the first time so I knew the game was rushed. Didn't take me long to find the TSLRC mod (believe that's what it was). Don't think I would've played the game if I hadn't found that mod.

I did love both games. Given how old the games are, mods are still being released and updated for them. And there are still many active forums for the games. That tells me how popular the games are. I've played other games where the interest dies within a year or two and most of the fan sites give you 404 errors or something. Playing KotOR I and even II was a nice surprise. After my playthrough of the two games, that's when I pounced on TOR and decided to look into it.

Deleted
    Played both, can't honestly say one of them was truly better. I hated being stuck with a non-jedi class in the first one though for the few levels. It felt all the more awesome when you did become a jedi though. All in all KotOR 2 was a better game, albeit with a story that required a lot more patience. I love them both equally and played through each several times. I found it amazing how well they handle the dark side. Also, if anyone tries KotOR 2 again, I recommend finding the restoration project mod which brings back a lot of interesting deleted scenes with crew interaction.

Oh, played female Revan and male Exile. (first playthroughs that is)
    Last edited by mmoca2e031eea5; 2011-11-13 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Played both, can't honestly say one of them was truly better. I hated being stuck with a non-jedi class in the first one though for the few levels. It felt all the more awesome when you did become a jedi though. All in all KotOR 2 was a better game, albeit with a story that required a lot more patience. I love them both equally and played through each several times. I found it amazing how well they handle the dark side. Also, if anyone tries KotOR 2 again, I recommend finding the restoration project mod which brings back a lot of interesting deleted scenes with crew interaction.

Oh, played female Revan and male Exile. (first playthroughs that is)
    Funny that you played the exact opposite of the estabilished canon( male Revan, female Exile)

Deleted
    Loved both of them.. KOTOR 2 I believe (gameplay wise) was better quality, but as above, KOTOR 1 was better story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibu View Post
    At it's time of release 2003 (which is getting close to 10 years ago, jeesus xD) it was pretty groundbreaking.

I don't buy 8 year old games and expect them to rock my world.
    I wasn't expecting or talking about good graphics, and in fact I found them rather good for the age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently playing KotOR 1. Again. For like the 8th time.

Eventually I'm going to have to do a darkside consular... but I don't wanna.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I bought kotor I because everyone's talking about them these days. I logged in and thought okay the movement is kind of awful, but hey this is an old game nps. Then I got into my first combat and the screen froze and I had to queue attacks or something and stop the pause on the game so something would happen and then click on some attack buttons on top of the mobs to kill them and I was like ??? wtf is this? The story seems interesting as far as I've read about it and the overall game mechanics seemed good, but I just can't fathom the combat. I mean what is that, the screen freezes when you see mobs and you mouseclick icons above them for attacks?
    I tried it several times but I just can't deal with the combat. So apparently it's not for me. Shame though, it sounded like a great game and I liked the mass effect series. You guys know if the combat in kotor II works the same as in the first one?

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking