Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why no hype for NFS: The Run

How come there's no mega-thread about this? looks amazing, one of the few games to actually use a new engine. anyone else looking forward to it?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually the first time I've ever even heard of it. I can't believe they're still making NFS games o.O

Simple. It is developed on the Frostbite 2 engine. Which means only one thing.

Everyone will steer into walls thanks to the headlights of the cars on the oncoming lane.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Need For Speed: Now With Quicktime Events..

No thanks. I have played quite a few NFS games, and this just looks really lame to me tbh. They should stick to making fun arcad-y racing games and stop tryting to make them "new and interesting" with crap like quicktime events.

I dont need a story in a NFS game...there are other games where that fits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by suttie View Post
    This is actually the first time I've ever even heard of it. I can't believe they're still making NFS games o.O

Looks amazing, seems everyone went off NFS when they left the customizing behind, i still love NFS and still play Hot pursuit online.

NFS series just died after Underground 2...just trash

NFSU2 > all

10+ Year Old Account
    nfs underground 2 was the last nfs for me. others are crap imo.

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkuu View Post
    NFS series just died after Underground 2...just trash

NFSU2 > all
    another like-minded! =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

1. It's a NFS game. While the series can put out good titles, it's all over the map in terms of quality. Plus, there are so many of them.
    2. It's a NFS game where the main hook is sequences where you aren't driving.

Deleted
    I stopped playing after NFS MW.

Looks like the same old game in that preview, race cars on road, win exp and money... the graphics are not too amazing compared to recent games.
    It's your 15 bucks and you can do what you want, but it's our 60 bucks and we think you're an idiot. That's your answer. Do whatever the hell you want to do when you're alone, but in a group setting you're expected to at least ATTEMPT to play your class correctly.

NFS Underground 2 was amazing, Most Wanted was really fun as well. Everything after that have been pretty crap. Hot Pursuit was decent, but mainly because I played the originals.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

It looks ok but I already own about a million of these types of games so I am not in any real rush to buy it until it goes down to like $20. (which will probably be in like 4 months)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it just looks bad from what I've seen. I cant understand why they wont just make a new Underground title, since that one is what most peoples are waiting for. : p

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post

Looks amazing, seems everyone went off NFS when they left the customizing behind, i still love NFS and still play Hot pursuit online.
    This video is a living proof as of why this get doesn't recieve any hype; it looks like absolute garbage, something taken out from a PS2, hard to believe that's actually the Frostbite 2 engine. Gameplay in general just looks depressing and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racing games never have hype, you like them or you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    How come there's no mega-thread about this?
    NFS games typically don't generate enough discussions to devolve into a large megathread, only so much can be said about a racing game from my perspective anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    NFS games typically don't generate enough discussions to devolve into a large megathread, only so much can be said about a racing game from my perspective anyways.
    What a great way to put it!

"Devolve, into a Megathread."

<3 <3 <3

Seriously, LOL!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    What a great way to put it!

"Devolve, into a Megathread."

<3 <3 <3

Seriously, LOL!!

Haha it was a typo but yeah lets go with that =D

NFS U2 and MW were great, because it was arcade style racing, it was styling your Lamborghini into a pink monster that would destroy the police, NFS HP3 was okay but after you were done with the campaign NOTHING to do AT ALL, the online for racing games sucks unless you have a few friends playing, This looks just like HP3, there might be a lillte styling, but the steering looks kinda gay, and not arcade throw your car in a turn with 250km/ph and make it perfectly, i dont play car games to have a realistic experience, driving a car at 100 km/ph and having to brake down to 30 to make the turn SUUUUUUCKS!

This is why im not hyped
    Last edited by suhr12; 2011-11-13 at 02:19 PM.

so, what amkes this game diffrent? by the looks of teh trailer nothing new have been added from teh nfs games i played 10years ago.