1. #1

    Now that the weekend beta test is over I'm itching...

    To play more star wars, does anyone know a working pre-CU f2p site that works and where to download the client for it? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Pretty sure SWG is gone and closed down, and it wasn't very popular anyways, so doubt there will be any private servers for it either.

    Also, private servers are advocating piracy, which I am sure is against forum rules.


    Edit:

    However, there *is* a fan project that might be what your looking for http://galaxiesreborn.com/

    Its basically SW pre-CU, but seems legal as it doesn't use any of the source code that SOE utilised, therefore its kind of a homegrown project. Not 100% sure about the legality of it, but it might be what your looking for.
    Last edited by Howlrunner; 2011-11-13 at 01:51 PM.

  3. #3
    Over 9000! Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    9,017
    5 weeks and 2 days, if you be waiting since the beginning u can wait one more month like i have, gunna be playing to MMOs never gunna be bored

  4. #4
    High Overlord Kaldreno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    165
    Over? Here's the info I got in my email...

    You must respond to confirm your
    participation in the Game Testing Program.

    START: November 11th @ 5:00 PM CST
    END: November 13th @ 11:59:00 PM CST

    Are you in a different time zone? Or like, did you get a different schedule? I'm new to this.

  5. #5
    You could go back and replay KOTOR for kicks

  6. #6
    The beta weekend ends tonight, not last night.

  7. #7
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Pretty sure SWG is gone and closed down, and it wasn't very popular anyways, so doubt there will be any private servers for it either.

    Also, private servers are advocating piracy, which I am sure is against forum rules.


    Edit:

    However, there *is* a fan project that might be what your looking for http://galaxiesreborn.com/

    Its basically SW pre-CU, but seems legal as it doesn't use any of the source code that SOE utilised, therefore its kind of a homegrown project. Not 100% sure about the legality of it, but it might be what your looking for.
    Not very popular? What?

    SWG closes officially Dec 15. The game lasted 11 years, not very popular pfft. There are tons of private servers out there, just google search it. To play on the Emu project you must own a copy of SWG, they will not give one to you. Its a Pre-CU Pre-NGE emulated version. It runs fairly well, but is not complete. The project is ran by volunteers and they are working on rewritting the code to launch a full working version of the game. The server that is up for play has many issues like professions not working, one of which is architect so there are no player houses or city. Beasthandler is also broken. Once they release their new code, but they have no idea when it will be ready, they plan to have everything and then some working.
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2011-11-13 at 04:01 PM.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire Nihilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Anodyne Sea
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Not very popular? What?

    SWG closes officially Dec 15. The game lasted 11 years, not very popular pfft. There are tons of private servers out there, just google search it. To play on the Emu project you must own a copy of SWG, they will not give one to you. Its a Pre-CU Pre-NGE emulated version. It runs fairly well, but is not complete. The project is ran by volunteers and they are working on rewritting the code to launch a full working version of the game. The server that is up for play has many issues like professions not working, one of which is architect so there are no player houses or city. Beasthandler is also broken. Once they release their new code, but they have no idea when it will be ready, they plan to have everything and then some working.
    Just felt like correcting you. SWG was launched in Summer 2003 which makes it an 8 year long game, not 11.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

  9. #9
    well what about that SWG:EMU are they gonna keep that going???

    i tried it a whlie back and it worked pretty decent i just fell outta touch with SWG so didnt play it much

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Pretty sure SWG is gone and closed down, and it wasn't very popular anyways, so doubt there will be any private servers for it either.

    Also, private servers are advocating piracy, which I am sure is against forum rules.


    Edit:

    However, there *is* a fan project that might be what your looking for http://galaxiesreborn.com/

    Its basically SW pre-CU, but seems legal as it doesn't use any of the source code that SOE utilised, therefore its kind of a homegrown project. Not 100% sure about the legality of it, but it might be what your looking for.

    Do you usually go around making things up? None of that is true at all.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Extrakt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    625
    I just found out I got elected for weekend testing. Jeez, ahwell, I hope I get some out of it ;p

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! Nienniora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    5,161
    If you check the communities for the SWG emu project you can find servers that are open.
    http://www.swganh.com/anh_communities/
    Have fun i hope.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-14 at 05:55 AM.

  13. #13
    its over wtf i got a invite on the 11th but no link or info about when it was

  14. #14
    The Patient Devirae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by inhide View Post
    its over wtf i got a invite on the 11th but no link or info about when it was
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ational-thread

    that should help clearing any confusion.

  15. #15
    SWGEMu is working and kinda fun. It has a low population and the missions are somewhat bugged though 8(. Personally KOTOR got my attention again after beta, and then this thing called skyrim came out and began consuming my days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •