Minecraft Release Candidate out now!

Hey everyone,

Mojang has just released Minecraft Release Candidate 2. This means it's now officially out of beta, in preparation for the release later this week.

You can grab the .jars here: Client - Server

Simply drop minecraft.jar in %appdata%/.minecraft/bin and rename your current minecraft.jar. Enjoy!

So this basically means I will have the latest Minecraft version right? As in if I were to create a world right now, it wont be obsolete by the time the actual release date happens?

does this have anything to do with the fact sound effects changed for me? I didn't see a "patch" come into effect, I was in 1.8.1, but now doors, chests, explosions, and fired arrows sound completely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

This is exciting. Minecraft has grown up so fast

10+ Year Old Account
    What happens if i dont get those .jar's? Can i just wait until the official game is released and it downloads through the Client?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    What happens if i dont get those .jar's? Can i just wait until the official game is released and it downloads through the Client?
    Yup! The launcher will download an update as usual.

Isn't the official game supposed to be released this week at Minecon? Why the haste?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is just to help test and fix the bugs, or perhaps for mod-development. The normal Minecraft player can just wait for it to be released I think.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

At last things are looking more realistic by the day for cursecraft