[Skyrim] How to switch between spells/weapons faster?

Currently, I hafe to TAB out to change whenever I need to use Flames, or healing, or a mace/sword/axe or a shield. And this is really frustrating

Is there any way to keybind FOR EXAMPLE; Fire to button 1, Shield to 2, Healing to 3. etc etc?

Thanks in advance, guys.
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

You can favorite a weapon/spell/pretty much anything by pressing F; then, you can press Q to bring up your favorites list and select from there. Much less tedious.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post
    Currently, I hafe to TAB out to change whenever I need to use Flames, or healing, or a mace/sword/axe or a shield. And this is really frustrating

Is there any way to keybind FOR EXAMPLE; Fire to button 1, Shield to 2, Healing to 3. etc etc?

Thanks in advance, guys.
    If you favorite things (press F over the item/spell/shout in the menu), then you can press the favorites button (defaults to Q) and open a menu just containing those objects. That should help a lot.

Edit: beat me to it.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

Deleted
    Keybindings for 1-9? Too mainstream

Looks to me this game was made for Consoles ^_^

Yes, as Umbra points out the way to go is to favorite stuff and then bring up the list with Q.

Deleted
    One way is to "Favourite" your weapons/shield/spells when you look in your Items. You can then select the Favourites menu with a pre-binded key (not sure which for PC).

Looking at the manual, though, I did see a "Quick Key" option - but have yet to discover how this is intended to work.

EDIT: Does anyone know how this Quick Key thing works for PS3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you've brought up the favourites list you can press 1-9 while hovered on something and bind it to that key.

I think, from favourites, you can bind the items/spells using numpad, but I'm not entirely sure.
    It is said, there's no sin in killing a beast. Only in killing a man. But where does one begin, and the other end?

Quote Originally Posted by suttie View Post
    Once you've brought up the favourites list you can press 1-9 while hovered on something and bind it to that key.
    ... I will need to try this, next time I play.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    ... I will need to try this, next time I play.
    It works. 1 is my warmace, 2 and 3 are my axe and shield.
    Conveniently, switching to 2 also brings out 3. Isn't that cool?
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Thank you so much! And thanks to all the others aswell! )
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

On the PS3 I know I can favorite the items and use the menu but there should be a quicker way like there was in Oblivion on PC where I could just press a number and my character would change things up. I'm trying to make it so that left on d-pad is dual heal, down is dual destro and right is dual weapons and I can't figure out how.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post
    Thank you so much! And thanks to all the others aswell! )
    If you want to select 2 different spells in each hand you can do it with 3 button presses as well.

For example: Spell 1 as number 1, Spell 2 as number 2.
    You can press 2 twice in quick succession (1st to get it into MH, 2nd for offhand) then press 1 afterwards. This will put spell number 1 in the MH and spell number 2 in the OH.

I am a bit disappointed you can't do 1 or shift 1 for OH, but 3 button presses is okay.

ALSO. For those with equip problems, its E to find it to the mainhand, not mouse 1.
    That pissed me off for ages, why wouldn't they just let you left click for left mouse and right click for right mouse.

as someone already mentioned, if you favorite an item or spell, you can press "Q" and find it on your favorite list, then while marking the spell/item (without actually selecting it) press your desired 1-9 button to keybind it.

Personally, I got my 2Hander at 1, Bow at 2, most used shout at 3 and healing at 4.

Also as a sidenote, I had problems beeing able to dual cast spells, as I couldn't charge them with both hands (for example dual casting heals). I fixed it by simply having my heal keybound to 4, and then pressing it twice to charge it at both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmannen View Post
    Looks to me this game was made for Consoles ^_^
    This doesn't explain anything. Consoles have D-Pad, which is used in most games exactly for this purpose - quickbinding. Hell, even in Oblivion you could bind spells and weapons to D-Pad for quick switching.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

This game's control is obviously made for console, things go much more smoothly when I switched to a 360 pad - except I couldnt aim for shit with the analog so stick with mouse/keyboard for now. The most annoying is the perk selection screen. Couldnt they just do away with that awkward WASD and let us click perk trees with cursor?

Thank you so much. I didn't know about that at all. This will be really helpful.

Deleted
    you can click perk trees with your cursor....

Yeah I wish there was a little smoother way to equip the other hand. I find myself in the midst of battle often accidentally putting a heal spell in both hands and unsummoning my sword. Wups!

Quote Originally Posted by Twirls View Post
    you can click perk trees with your cursor....
    They way they are viewed in game, its not much different if you only WASD or click with mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use the megathread.