Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    F2P MMOs are the worst. I hope SWTOR never becomes one.
    I would not play it if it did. Free MMO's are not worth your time,so unbalanced they make WoW PvP seem like tons of fun,and full of kiddies that need babysitters.

Paying $15 a month for Swtor is fine. You know the old saying "you get what you pay for".

would love some in-depth info from the testers, it's not like they can pinpoint your account if you break the NDA on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    would love some in-depth info from the testers, it's not like they can pinpoint your account if you break the NDA on these forums.
    No, but they can issue a cease and desist to the site. They've politely asked Boubouille and his mod team to keep the NDA on their forums, and they are. Don't ask people to risk infractions/bans please.

Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    no but the mods will just erase whatever they put and infract them for breaking the NDA, mmo champ is pro nda
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Quote Originally Posted by dlouhys View Post
    If they're cutting prices within a few months of launch it usually means they think the game is in trouble.
    Or it could be that its to get even more people to play it. Theres only one major mmo thats having trouble atm. I'll leave it for you to work out which one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    Or it could be that its to get even more people to play it. Theres only one major mmo thats having trouble atm. I'll leave it for you to work out which one.
    its not even out yet and we are talking price drops? really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Lol, I know that my $150 was well worth it, just from the weekend testing that just passed

I'd save my money for Guild Wars 2. No sub fees, more unique features.

This is a warning, I really should just infract for trolling.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-17 at 02:29 AM.

Not to me. The game feels too choppy and buggy and the quests are so boring. It's literally kill 'x' so and so amount of times or collect such and such. There are some things I do enjoy, but so far it's not worth shelling out 15 bucks a month.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    You shouldn't play the same game for years. That's called addiction.

I guess by that logic I should divorce my wife, seems I'm addicted to her. I should kick this terrible water and oxygen addiction too.

Also, I can do some cocaine for a few years, then change to meth, I'm not an addict because I changed my drug!

On topic:

Yes, SWTOR will be worth it. However this really is the game where you won't really learn that until you play it. I judged the game off of a few leaks, or the god awful information that the official site gives us (bad idea, by the way). After having SOMETHING (Cough, NDA, cough) come up, I can say that I am now really looking forward to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Not to me. The game feels too choppy and buggy and the quests are so boring. It's literally kill 'x' so and so amount of times or collect such and such. There are some things I do enjoy, but so far it's not worth shelling out 15 bucks a month.
    Every MMO is like that... I don't know why/how people still use this as an argument, The difference between doing this in WoW and doing this in SWTOR is that I actually felt interested in WHY I was killing X and collecting Y. I actually WANTED to know why I was doing the quest, unlike in WoW where I have not read a quest text since BC.

"Don't try this hamburger, it only has like 4 ingreedients and it's so boring. It's litterally chew 'x" so and so amount of times and digest such and such."

That is how I read this argument.
    Last edited by Eggowaffles; 2011-11-17 at 01:56 AM.

Just played ToR and I really liked it. Chat system is decent, much better then for example DC:UO.
    Furthermore it has a bit of the feeling that you dont need the online part to enjoy the game. But meeting people to do a dungeon is nice to do aswell.

Granted I am only level 10 but can't wait to continue tomorrow. Last time I felt like this was in 05 when I noticed rogues could wear Defias Masks. Good 'ol times.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Choppy and buggy can be chalked up to beta. Remember, most development teams release beta builds that are 2 to 3 builds behind the current one they are working on.

The quests are personal taste, but 99% of MMO's have those same quests. The only difference is the presentation. TORs presentation beats out any other in my opinion.

You're argument reminds me of a review of a JRPG I read once, where the guy complained, "It's just a bunch of random battles strung together by a series of story cutscenes." Congratulations, you just described every JRPG ever. Similarly, you're describing every MMO ever. It's the style and presentation that matter. You don't like it? Fine, but don't blame the quests that are literally the same ones every other MMO uses, and pretty much needs to use.

This thread can't stop with NDA material, so now it's being closed.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net