Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, i see no reason to play the game. I feel like Bioware is going hard for the RP aspect, which is very unpopular in MMOs. After a while, you will grow tired of dialogue everywhere, and will feel like its just an RPG, not an MMO. But then again, i wasn't able to get my beta working, so im not 100% sure.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    The story is the thing. If you've found yourself enjoying single player RPGs like Dragon Age, you will probably find yourself intrigued by this I'm sure. Though, that's purely speculation considering Bioware is putting it out. They have been very forthright with explaining that the story is the part that will set this game apart. So, if you loved the lore in WoW, seeing the story progression (if you read quest lines) you will probably love this because you're going to be IN a story rather than running from node to node picking up quests i guess.

Is it worth the cost? Well, it runs the rate as most other games, but the pay to play i define as such: How much does it cost you for a movie, popcorn, and soda? $15-17+ depending on the time of day, for only two hours of entertainment. I can pay $15 a month to spend as much time on a game as i want to for my entertainment (granted the buy to play games are just an upfront cost, MMOs grow with patches and such)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth it. But you have to ask yourself, "Is this what you want your wife to get you?" Unless she's going to get her own subscription, it's not a safe bet. In order to truly enjoy it, you will need to make it up to her in soooooo many ways. It soon becomes not worth it.

Wait until next year. Let them work out all of the little hiccups, and maybe even start some promotional offers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Don't get it. It sucks
    Went through your post history and I must say, thank you for the laughs.

OP, only you can decide whether or not it's worth the cost to you but as you can see, many tell you that it is and I will say the same thing.

It absolutely is worth the cost.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    Personally, i see no reason to play the game. I feel like Bioware is going hard for the RP aspect, which is very unpopular in MMOs. After a while, you will grow tired of dialogue everywhere, and will feel like its just an RPG, not an MMO. But then again, i wasn't able to get my beta working, so im not 100% sure.
    But as for that part, it'S worlds better than WoW. Many fights are challenging, the story is really good presented. It plays like WoW BC/Classic, just has a lot more atmosphere than WoW.

About end game content - well that's a totally different thing. But there are many talents and trees, gear and so on, so when the raids are well balanced and the classes are too, it CAN be a real WoW "Killer".

For players who really not like the way WOW went (Homogenization, easy leveling) - definitely a good chance.

It is veryyyyy much worth it tbh!

Do we know if the sub is 15$ YET? Usually the staple price but, do we know for sure?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I say go for it, can you really put a price on entertainment? I would consider this a low cost for high entertainment, but as with buying any game, it is a gamble.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    It's worth it. But you have to ask yourself, "Is this what you want your wife to get you?" Unless she's going to get her own subscription, it's not a safe bet. In order to truly enjoy it, you will need to make it up to her in soooooo many ways. It soon becomes not worth it.
    Not quite sure what you mean by this...but if I don't specify what I want I end up with $60 spent on something that will never see the light of day after Christmas is over..."OMG, light up LED reindeer socks! Thank you so much!"

She's never had a problem with me playing MMOs. She knows I hate television (with rare exception) and it allows her to watch as much 'Extreme Couponing' and 'Secret Lift of the American Teenager' as she wants without having me bugging her to change the channel to something slightly less crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Many fights are challenging, the story is really good presented. It plays like WoW BC/Classic, just has a lot more atmosphere than WoW.
    I'll ask again for this not to become a 'vs WoW' thread...no reason to get everyone flamed/locked/banned/etc. But you did bring up some really good points as to why I would want to get the game. I currently play another MMO that plays like BC/Classic and I do enjoy, but just lacks on the atmosphere aspects while leveling.

around 50 cents a day for up to 24 hours of entertainment.. it's a steal!
    So worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    The wife is asking what I want for Christmas and I am giving serious thought to asking for this game. For those that have actually played the game (in beta, at expose, etc) do you think it is worth the cost?

I'd like to avoid hypotheticals and speculation based on youtube videos that anyone has access to so I'd like to hear from those who have actually played.

Also, I am not a WoW player and never going back (characters deleted, account given away) so no TOR vs WoW please.
    How much did you pay to play WoW? Bought the expansions? Played for more than a month? Then you know if it's worth the cost as far as the price goes.

Nobody that's playing the beta right now can tell you anything about it
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by Mabaroshi View Post
    My reasoning has always been, buy a ps3 game for 60$, play it for a week, pay 14$ a month, play it for years

i agree with this here. yea its $59 to start and 15 a month but hey its a good game and will be around for a good chunk of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a no-brainer.

Take a moment to think about this:

1. The story/single player aspect is bound to be great.

2. You will experience that in the month you get with the game purchase.

3. If afterwards you decide to stay, pay the sub. If not - don't.

4. In the worst case scenario - you just payed 60 bucks for a not only great but also huge (100-200 hours on your first playthrough) single player game. There is no downside.

In a moderately optimistic scenario - you also get a great mmo and keep playing it while paying the sub.

Why are you even debating this?
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-11-13 at 10:40 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

i played the beta and went into it not expecting to buy it. I will be buying a copy for my wife son and i. There goes $180.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    Went through your post history and I must say, thank you for the laughs.
    It certainly got me chuckling.

The responses with fewer than 5 words are the most entertaining imo.

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crobderg View Post
    i played the beta and went into it not expecting to buy it. I will be buying a copy for my wife son and i. There goes $180.
    Me and my roommate are getting CEs, 150$ a piece... I felt like I was tearing off a limb counting that money ^^
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Totally worth it. Especially if you enjoy Star Wars, MMOs, (Bioware) RPGs, and cinematic storytelling.

Worth it completely, 8 different story lines that you could even play sort of single player style its worth it. Its $.50 a day for subscription if you think about it and you'll get that entertainment value quick. Very cool game, if you played wow and mass effect, TOR plays like their kid.

Deleted
    you basicly get to pay 0.50 for 2 days of gaming

I got to play the beta this weekend and the game is pretty damn cool. The dialog makes questing fun because it adds depth and decision, unlike other MMO's were you totally ignore quest info.

Deleted
    strange it is so expensive in US. In UK our currency is not much stronger than the dollar at the moment, and I paid £22 for the box and £9 a month after that.