Deleted

My MW3 review (PC)

First of all, single player is single player. It is good, as are all CoD games single player modes. This is more about the Multiplayer aspect of the game.

I think the game is great, It is almost identical to MW2 and COD4 and those games were great, therefore MW3 by definition, is great. However great it is, it does not however revolutionize the CoD series in the same way Black Ops did. MW3 took the best of MW2 and CoD4 and combined it into one good game. It however failed to also borrow features from Black Ops, which, in my opinion, Is by far the best CoD game yet. I would go as far to say Black Ops is the best FPS shooter of all time (Sorry BF, CSS, Unreal, Halo fans) MW3 is almost as good as Black Ops but certainly not better.

If Infinity Ward had swallowed its pride and ripped off treyarch's features then MW3 would quite possibly have been the best game of all time, certainly the best FPS game of all time.

First of all, COD Points, Combat Training, Tomahawks, Ballistic Knifes, Nuketown, Dogs, Gunship, 'Emblem Designer', Dedicated Servers that allow XP gains are all gone... These features are what made Black Ops so special. Black Ops gameplay in itself was just like any other CoD game (ie you create a class and shoot people with your gun) it was the features treyarc added that made the game so awesome.

So basically MW3 is just a carbon copy of CoD4 and MW2... Which is fine, they were both good games. However with all the hype surrounding the release I was expecting somthing groundbreaking. The graphics are far from ideal, the matchmaker system does not suit PC gaming, Needing to have 15+ hours of gameplay with a specific gun to unlock an attachment is disgraceful. My Playstyle involves running with a thermal scope and quickly spotting people lying on the domination flags and removing the threat... However I had to play 10+ hours with the gun just to unlock an attachment I need to suit my gaming style.

The weapon sync is terrible. You can shoot a target who is standing still 2 meters in front of you and half of the shots don't register, until they patch this issue shooting is more RNG than skill and precision, however Sniper shots are in perfect sync, so you can spend 5 minutes shooting at a Sniper and he can come and quick scope you and one shot you (inb4... learn how to quickscope and stop complaining... I assure you I am an amazing quickscoper and get some great frags in FFA but my playstyle with my clan dictates that I use an Assault Rifle or LMG with a thermal scope to quickly identify targets.

So, I give the game a 3/10
    When Infinity Ward patches the problems then It will go up to an 8/10, however this game could have easily been a 10/10 if it has took some features from Black Ops.

Quote Originally Posted by Impexio View Post
    First of all, single player is single player. It is good, as are all CoD games single player modes. This is more about the Multiplayer aspect of the game.

I think the game is great, It is almost identical to MW2 and COD4 and those games were great, therefore MW3 by definition, is great. However great it is, it does not however revolutionize the CoD series in the same way Black Ops did. MW3 took the best of MW2 and CoD4 and combined it into one good game. It however failed to also borrow features from Black Ops, which, in my opinion, Is by far the best CoD game yet. I would go as far to say Black Ops is the best FPS shooter of all time (Sorry BF, CSS, Unreal, Halo fans) MW3 is almost as good as Black Ops but certainly not better.

If Infinity Ward had swallowed its pride and ripped off treyarch's features then MW3 would quite possibly have been the best game of all time, certainly the best FPS game of all time.

First of all, COD Points, Combat Training, Tomahawks, Ballistic Knifes, Nuketown, Dogs, Gunship, 'Emblem Designer', Dedicated Servers that allow XP gains are all gone... These features are what made Black Ops so special. Black Ops gameplay in itself was just like any other CoD game (ie you create a class and shoot people with your gun) it was the features treyarc added that made the game so awesome.

So basically MW3 is just a carbon copy of CoD4 and MW2... Which is fine, they were both good games. However with all the hype surrounding the release I was expecting somthing groundbreaking. The graphics are far from ideal, the matchmaker system does not suit PC gaming, Needing to have 15+ hours of gameplay with a specific gun to unlock an attachment is disgraceful. My Playstyle involves running with a thermal scope and quickly spotting people lying on the domination flags and removing the threat... However I had to play 10+ hours with the gun just to unlock an attachment I need to suit my gaming style.

The weapon sync is terrible. You can shoot a target who is standing still 2 meters in front of you and half of the shots don't register, until they patch this issue shooting is more RNG than skill and precision, however Sniper shots are in perfect sync, so you can spend 5 minutes shooting at a Sniper and he can come and quick scope you and one shot you (inb4... learn how to quickscope and stop complaining... I assure you I am an amazing quickscoper and get some great frags in FFA but my playstyle with my clan dictates that I use an Assault Rifle or LMG with a thermal scope to quickly identify targets.

So, I give the game a 3/10
    When Infinity Ward patches the problems then It will go up to an 8/10, however this game could have easily been a 10/10 if it has took some features from Black Ops.
    Dont agree on Black ops, it was ok but the gameplay was stagnant while the features were nice. But this thread is gona get closed so you should post this in the mw3 thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this very moment I am downloading it on Steam,
    this'll be my 1st multiplayer exp with CoD although I played the MW2 campaign
    Hoping for the best...

Black ops wasnt a good game, let alone "The best fps ever". I would personally say halo 2, but i know thats just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know reviews are all personal opinion, but I don't understand what you are talking about to be honest:

1. MW3 is not identical to CoD4 or MW2... MW3 meets in the middle between MW2 and Black Ops, taking the best parts of each game.
    2. You listed all the things that made Black Ops TERRIBLE, not the things that made it special. I enjoyed black ops, but for those points you listed I didn't stay playing it.
    3. Your PC must either suck or you have bad internet. OR you are not aiming, what I have noticed is that they have tried to get people to stop hip firing. Takes a while to get used to, but when you get weapon upgrades like less kick it's fine. I have no trouble killing people instantly, on any gun.
    4. They have almost eliminated all the things I hated about CoD games like the MW2 style of trick shot quickscoping (which isn't as effective in MW3).
    5. Why not take a useful upgrade, rather than thermal? Use map control and your eyes to eliminate enemies. Honestly I think it's such a waste.

I used to play FPS games at a semi-pro level and I'm not a fanboy of CoD - I'm actually more of a Battlefield or Halo player. Not trying to brag or whatever, just trying to show I'm not a little kid that only plays call of duty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    1. MW3 is not identical to CoD4 or MW2... MW3 meets in the middle between MW2 and Black Ops, taking the best parts of each game.
    What are the best parts of those games ? All I see is campfest on tiny maps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use the MW3 thread already started here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...dern-Warfare-3