Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Judging by achievement points, the vast majority of players are extremely casual, and I feel WoW is being catered to them. Visiting this site removes from any chance of them making changes based on your opinions, as you are beyond the majority....

Quote Originally Posted by Lylem View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why there are people complaining about the Annual Pass? I mean, short of people being stupid and signing up just to sign up what other reasons could you be unhappy with?

The way I see it, if you signed up for the annual pass without wanting Diablo 3 then you made a bad decision and have expendable income for mounts/beta keys so it shouldn't matter anyway. If you did sign up because you wanted Diablo 3 you essentially you got 6 months of WoW free. (Because buying Diablo would of cost you 6 monthsish of WoW sub) If you're complaining because now you've decided that Blizzard has detroyed all that is holy with their introduction of Pandas (/mindboggle) then what else do you have to lose?

And we all know 99% of these people complaining will buy the expansion, which means you would have resubscribed after so even if you would have quit between now and then you're not really out anything.

I love the offer, as far as I'm concerned it is Blizzard giving me a free mount, beta key and game for doing what I would have done the next year anyway.. been subscribed to WoW.
    It's really simple, people who complain are those who don't have a credit card (and parent wont give theirs considering it's a 1 year contract) or those that aren't eligible to this offer. It's mostly jealousy in other words.

I signed up, cause I'll "play" for a year anyway, thanks to the automated guild leader change imposed by Blizzard in the next patch. Even tho I once took monthly breaks, I still probably paid for about 10 months a year anyway, so this is no drama for me to fork 12x12EUR. Diablo 3 is a nice addition, tho I will play it for sure, I don't think I will invest heavily into it. Beta access is also nice, it'll get some use (don't want to spoil myself before the actuall x-pac release) and the mount I don't care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Holy crap! 35,000+ of your readers got the Annual Pass?!?

I guess I'm just old fashioned, but there's no way in -hell- I'm committing to a hobby.
    When you sign up for the annual pass you aren't really committing to anything.. You can stop paying any time you want, you'll just lose your extra privileges like the Diablo 3 license, the mount, and the beta key.. it's not like you are signing a contract and Blizzard will sue you if you don't pay...

Well, if you don't do heroic raids just normal modes and no meta-achievments, so simply if you're playing by not caring about achievments you will have about 2k if you're PvPing and PvE-ing too from the beginning of the game i guess. It's maybe not that accurare i have much more, just saying that achievments doesn't mean that you've been playing for not long ago, also i think people don't care about their alts' achievment and alts are in majority of the character-population in the game imo.

I'm really more interested in seeing how many people participate in rated battlegrounds. Honorable kills just means time spent pvp'ing over the course of your WoW history.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did the annual pass, but sadly only on one account of my two connected on Battle.net. Wish my hubbie and I could both do the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thontor View Post
    When you sign up for the annual pass you aren't really committing to anything.. You can stop paying any time you want, you'll just lose your extra privileges like the Diablo 3 license, the mount, and the beta key.. it's not like you are signing a contract and Blizzard will sue you if you don't pay...
    Where does it say this? When I signed up for it, it said that the terms cannot be cancelled. Not sure what part it mentioned what you just did.
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I did that a while back, see http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...p-of-the-Month

The only thing stopping me from doing it again is the lack of Statistics support in the new Armory API. The developers seem to have abandoned it.

Only 2,252 have between 10,500 and 10,600 achievement points. There are at least 15k+ that have more than you.
    I remember the last bg breakdown. The problem was that queues didn't work properly until 4.2 released, the game was broken for the first half of Cataclysm. What I would like to see is exclusively data of bg's (and maybe also rated bg breakdowns if possible?) since 4.2 fixed the queue system. Anyhow, thanks for the stats that you do put up, they are all interesting and fun to read about.

some sort of weird delay between making a post and it showing up....please fix.

a couple things:

Why scale EU when you could have ploted a % of total player base vs achieve points, and had comparable numbers from the get go. Scaling never makes things comparable.

As I do not plan on purchasing DIII there is no reason to spend more on a years subscription than necessary. 6 months is $77 and change, a year is double that $154- The years subscription with DII was $180 I believe. So what are you gaining if you do not plan on purchasing DIII, just a $27 mount.

I am sticking with the 6 month sub, it makes wow a little cheaper.

This is a mixed list: Yes, No, I no Longer Play, Account isn't eligible.

Yes and No are the only real poll options, either you did or you didn't. You could "no longer play" and have purchased it, I am one of those people. So I should be able to choose Yes AND I no longer play. Account isn't eligible is a subset of no, and you're going to get mixed results. You'll get people who choose no because their account isn't eligible, you'll get those who choose account isn't eligible.

In the future it would be interesting if you broke out YES / NO with corollary WHY followups:
    1. Yes, free diablo III and I'm not quitting wow as far as I can tell
    2. Yes, free diablo III though I might not continue playing wow I can afford it.
    3. Yes, I don't play wow now but might start again
    4. No, my account isn't eligible
    5. No, I quit wow for now.
    6. No, I might quit wow soon.
    7. No, don't care about this deal.

Is a far better poll than what you've presented. This mixed list just annoys me as one of the people who doesn't currently play wow but might return when the expansion comes out and is not effected by the cost. If the goal of this poll is to show the details, it fails. If it is meant to create fairly useless generalizations I guess it works.
    Last edited by frott; 2011-11-15 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Holy crap! 35,000+ of your readers got the Annual Pass?!?
    As of 5:10pm PST:

Yes - 55,039
    No - 23,137
    Don't play - 20,516
    Ineligible - 4,048

Seeing as how even MMO-Champion doesn't get that much traffic...
    |
    |
    V
    Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    There's already automated scripts being passed around on IRC and blogs encouraging people to rig the vote for this poll so if you see insanely high numbers of votes, you've been warned.
    &
    Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    51k people got an annual pass already, just amongst the mmo-champ readers.51k is more than the total playerbase of some active mmo's out there, and there is a _lot_ of wow players who don't even know what mmo-champ is.So much for the "wow is dying" crap ;p
    The poll is rigged, but not by mmo.

Polldaddy is one of the easier polls to "hack" and automated scripts are being passed around to control this very poll on IRC and some blogs. Just watch the numbers carefully and you'll notice some abnormal increases.
    I don't know why any person(s) would want to bother rigging a poll done by MMO-Champion, but it may be a good course of action to either remove the poll or switch to another poll creation website with better security.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Buying CE for D3 and didn't want the annual pass. Per the math I would save more money going a 3 month commitment than giving them 14.99 a month for a game that I will probably uninstall the day I open D3 - that's IF it lives up to the hype. 6 years commitment to D2 and almost 7 to WoW and I didn't get a Beta... Shame on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Parius View Post
    As I do not plan on purchasing DIII there is no reason to spend more on a years subscription than necessary. 6 months is $77 and change, a year is double that $154- The years subscription with DII was $180 I believe. So what are you gaining if you do not plan on purchasing DIII, just a $27 mount.

I am sticking with the 6 month sub, it makes wow a little cheaper.
    Actually, you could choose to pay for the Annual sub however you liked, as 1/3/6 month segments, just like a normal sub. So you could have paid for 2 6 month sub chunks just like your example, and still get all the freebies...

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I don't know why any person(s) would want to bother rigging a poll done by MMO-Champion, but it may be a good course of action to either remove the poll or switch to another poll creation website with better security.
    People do it for a multitude of reasons: For some, it's fun. Others want to bring awareness to the fact that PollDaddy is bad, etc.

PD is probably the largest of small scale survey websites, where as Survey Monkey is generally for more "important" surveys since they provide statistical analysis, etc.

A lot of radio stations and local organizations use PD for simple give a ways and contests --- these scripts are used to force a certain winner. For some reason, some people took it upon themselves to use it on this poll.

Nice graphs. I would like to see more of them. And yes i bougth the anual pass, it is just a win win busssiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    I don't think there has ever been an instance of Blizzard favoring PVP over PVE. Their concern is making sure everyone is busy enjoying all the new 4.3 stuff when TOR releases on Dec. 20th. November 29th is still going to be a couple of weeks earlier than expected. November 15th would have been ridiculously early; people would already be bored senseless of the new heroics in a month's time.

I don't know what kind of ratings the good players will be at immediately after the MMR reset, but the PVPers with a good PVE group are going to have a large advantage in the first few weeks of Season 11 if they get a weapon. You look at some of the other Dragon Soul drops that are going to be PVP BiS, to say nothing of the damned legendary that will still undoubtedly proc in PVP, and I don't think you'll find a PVPer who feels like they're being favored in the slightest.
    What an excellent post. I could not say any better. The numbers show that many of casual players (3-5k points) have a significant number of Hk's. Why so? They cannot raid much or cannot raid at all.

I could only raid on weekends and it took me to stay awake till 4am. As someone who got something else beyond WoW I could not keep the pace as much as I wanted. So I turned to PvP. After hundreds and thousands of AVs/ABs/WSGs and nearly same rewards I quit the game and went to dying Warhammer. They have what I wanted - non-instanced neverending war with plenty of perks to work for. I am soooo pissed with rigid-minded GS and Kalgan who put us in a fixed bracket of "Raid is a top priority". It was so bloody simple to create a few World-PvP zones but they reluctantly refused doing that. Arena and raids - nothing else. And I was wondering what a rogue, ele shammy, frost mage and holy pal could do at arena? There were no team for four, our setup didn't look like a best win, and none of us was tempted to do arenas - we spent most of the time at BGs and WGs doing mass-pvp. Now all of us left the game. But we will go to Swtor.

The number tell us that even if the game is pve-oriented there is a huge demand for pvp and this should not be overlooked.

For those wondering why so many people answered "I don't WoW anymore" the answer is simple - we still love the game and wait forit to change and meet our demands.

I don't play anymore so I had no reason to. Skyrim!!!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dang, I knew my old character (Deltrus of Zul'jin US) was one of few with 12,700+ achievement points, but only 400~ total US players in between 12.7k-12.8k is pretty crazy, and then the amount continues to drop as the points go up. Glad I managed to succeed so well in the time I played.

I found the charts quite cool, however I was wondering about some of the data. In particular the 100-200 achievement point range and only 1 person was in that range in the US? I know of at least a dozen in my guild alone that fit that categorization. Is there some other limiting factor to the data group, i.e. level restriction?