What does it take to say you're an "expert" at your class?

Does it require a certain rating? Does it require Glad? Does it require H rag downed? Does it require Arena Master? When can you say you've mastered your class? I've just been wondering.

I dont think anyone got the answear for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calling yourself an "expert" at a class in WoW requires about the same level of knowledge as being a televangelist or "Social Media Consultant"; Bugger-all actual skill or expertise. Just a rudimentary working knowledge of the class, a couple of URLS to point people to and a type-A personality that lets you look shiny and make people listen to you.

Probably when you fully understand everything that your class can do in both PvP and PvE and you play with other players of the same skill level so you can really own shit. Although who knows, does anyone ever MASTER a class fully? I surely did not master mine.

The definition will vary from one to another, but certainly being able to interpret changes to a rotation, particularly post-expansion by utilising such mechanics as DPCT would put you ahead of the vast majority of those that play a class.

Generally being those who write the information that others later come to rely on would be a good sign.

Deleted
    Don't think this question can be answered .. You can have allot of experience in your class throughout various expansions etc. That will make you close to an expert i guess, especially if you played the same spec for all those years.

According to Malcolm Gladwell it would take 10,000 hours of practicing your play, includes reading strats, gemming, etc.

An ex is a has been. A spurt is a drip under pressure. So, is an expert a has been drip under pressure?

get h rag, get glad and arena master, then no1 can tell u shit? it's a game, unless you plan on making money off it, "expert status" doesn't really matter.

As Yoda once said: *"Must ask if you expert not you are"

* Adjusted quote for readability.

I don't really know if mastering a class is what you mean.. perhaps specc? Otherwise if you meant class, it means understanding every spell, every bit of every specc your class has and using it to your advantage and playing it on gladiator/hardcore raiding level, this is what being an expert of a class is- An expert of a specc however is alot more achievable requires less time and gear, and is obviously just complete mastery of every spell in your spellbook, being able to understand what is possible and what isn't with your specc and being able to understand where you fit in the game at the moment- meaning you know your place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have been playing a Paladin since 2008, and still get called a noob by people with less than 2k achiv points and no classic or bc raids or any note worthy pvp accomplishments. So in short, if those are the kind of people who think they are "experts" then i am better off being a "noob".