10+ Year Old Account

The Ancient Cultural Realistic RP Survival Build Challenge

Challenges may be added. Objectives may be subject to change.
    The challenge itself is probably nothing compared to trying to find a decent name for it.

It's nothing big or fancy or official, just something I thought would be fun. I always liked Nordic themes, especially after seeing Skyrim. So it got me thinking:

"What if we made a challenge where people choose a culture, find design theme for their buildings, and then survive the landscape while expanding their civilization?"

So if yall are up for it, theres no downloads or anything, just find a seed that has a biome closebye thats following the culture's 'habitat' (I'd guess you'd call it that? tell me if theres a better word :\ not exactly the best at thinking on the spot). You can then create your own culture using their architecture and make your own deities, to avoid restrictions, if wanted.

I don't mean to make the building rules so strict, its for the sake of Survival RPing.
    Rules:
    - IMPORTANT: Play on at least Easy, for the sake of Surviving.
    - Post in this thread what culture you've chosen.
    - Find a seed, you are allowed to go through seeds until you find one that fits your culture.
    - To make it easier as I just found it rather difficult, you may build a small hut or shack as the plain house to live in as you get started, but build it up to the architectural standard you've chosen.
    - Build at least one plain house (gotta have a chest, a bed, and look like a house from your cultures old days.
    - Build at least one Forge building, again following the theme of your cultures old days.
    - When making something like a Mine or a logging grounds, it has to be marked out as such. EG: If I were going for say a British Settler's theme, for a mine I'd make it have support beams at the entrance and randomly throughout the mine, for the sake of staying realistic and RPing.
    - If your culture has a Pantheon or some sort of deities, build at least one Temple dedicated to them (to make that clearer if you have more than one deity, then build a temple for each deity).
    - Build at least one Inn or something along those lines.
    - Build at least one barracks or something along those lines, for the purpose of storing armor and weapons for either military or Militia.
    - Build a building for a leader. Castle, fancy longhouse, Palace, etc.
    - Build some sort of mage's tower or den of magic or something, if your doing the challenge when Enchanting tables and Alchemy is released, which is very very soon (4 days as of posting this iirc).
    - The rest of the buildings are up to you.
    - Start small and expand.
    - Your allowed plantations and farms of course.
    - Name each civilization/town. Name the land. Name inns (like the Iron Mug or whatnot). Make it sound like your culture
    - And lastly, enjoy! Don't strain yourself on it, just do it for fun. Not a competition.

Optional:
    - You may post Video or Screencap "Diary Entries" in this thread to show your progress. If you do post Screencaps, please either do them in Thumbnail form or in link form. We don't want this thread to be too crowded.

Thanks for reading!

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 05:07 AM ----------

"bard" minus quotes spawns you in a line of pine trees between a small desert and a crazy small mountain range, and follow the pine trees to find a pine forrest or Taiga (?) with 2 small ravines in it. The mountains near the taiga forrest provide nice little outcrops to build on, and there is a fair amount of coal on the sides of them. Theres also a vanilla dungeon flooded with sand across the desert next to the water, not next to the swampy area.

For those of you who want a desert, or a mountain/pine area.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2011-11-14 at 06:02 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.