Never done 3's before... where to start?

I've always done 2's and never done 3's.. mainly because I can easily pug 2's. How should I get started with 3's? The arena skirmishes were removed so it looks like I'll just have to dive in. Can't really say I've never done 3's otherwise people will never group up with me. What to do? By the way I'm almost full ruthless.

-Try and finish up whatever gearing you can (make sure it's all gemmed/chanted/reforged appropriately of course)
    -Learn what comps work well with your class
    -Learn what comps/classes counter you and how you need to deal with them
    -Research your class/spells/strats on AJ
    -Watch streams/vids made by prominent members of your class (i.e. Belligerentz if you're a pally, Neilyo if you're a rogue, etc.)
    -Play a TON of games, take advantage of this season being basically a throwaway and ending in a couple weeks, get as many games in as possible (but learn from every single one) as MMR is being reset and it doesn't matter if you lose a lot.

Jump in and give them a try. Have fun doing them, they will be slightly faster then 2s but its not a huge change. If you have a 2s team try to get your teamate to make a 3s team with you and hunt down somebody else. If that doesn't work snag somebody from your guild or /trade if you really have to. You might get lucky and find a decent person to run with if you dont then you will learn on the fly since you will have to do more of the work. The biggest change from 2s to 3s is comp and gear dont do the same things for you in 3s as they did in 2s. 2v2 there are a few comps that will beat or push a draw against most they face, this is less true in 3s.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hazer221 View Post
    -Try and finish up whatever gearing you can (make sure it's all gemmed/chanted/reforged appropriately of course)
    -Learn what comps work well with your class
    -Learn what comps/classes counter you and how you need to deal with them
    -Research your class/spells/strats on AJ
    -Watch streams/vids made by prominent members of your class (i.e. Belligerentz if you're a pally, Neilyo if you're a rogue, etc.)
    -Play a TON of games, take advantage of this season being basically a throwaway and ending in a couple weeks, get as many games in as possible (but learn from every single one) as MMR is being reset and it doesn't matter if you lose a lot.
    this man speaks the truth. also try finding friends/guildies and do wargames.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.