10+ Year Old Account

Freezing and Crashing on my new computer :'(

Hey guys, so I just started playing Battlefield 3, and it keeps crashing. I get either a black screen or a bunch of yellow/white/green rectangles, then it goes blank, I can still hear it, but can't see anything. Also in Starcraft 2, it will sound like it is skipping, similar to back when I used my Diskman and shook it... Help? I've reinstalled Battlefield 3, and didn't help, I've also dropped the video settings to all low, and didn't help. I've also reinstalled my drivers, done a clean install, and even used 'driver sweep' in hopes it would solve one of the problems, and Nope. So if anyone can help me, I don't know what else it could be, unless it is some faulty GPU or something? Heeeeellllllpppppp Mmmmeeeeee!!!!!!
    Thanks, Wrobbs

Edit: I also run the GPU for F@H, and with 99% working load it never goes above 60C
    Z68A-GD55 - Nvidia GeForce 580 Twin Frozr - i5 2500k Sandy Bridge - 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance LP

Are you getting a blue screen at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm not getting the BSOD.. yet
    Z68A-GD55 - Nvidia GeForce 580 Twin Frozr - i5 2500k Sandy Bridge - 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance LP

Have you checked all cables and tried reseating the videocard?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrobble View Post
    I get either a black screen or a bunch of yellow/white/green rectangles, then it goes blank, I can still hear it, but can't see anything.
    Sounds like your GPU is dying...

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a local retailer to put it together for me, Should I maybe send it back in? or have him come by to check on it? If it is something like that I don't want to do anything to void my warranty

Sounds like your GPU is dying...

/agree

Faulty video card

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww, don't say that! my 580 Twin Frozr II is unbreakable :'( son of a $%^&*()*&^%^$) grrrrrrrr

Yeah the white/green/yellow rectangles generally indicated that the GPU's VRAM has been damaged. But always double check connections, reseat the video card or try another slot, just to be sure. But it's likely a bad GPU.

10+ Year Old Account
    NoooOOoOoOoOo, Talk about day ruin er :"(