Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn it fencers!! Now norns on the list instead of human.... Oh well still will probably do sylvari or asura
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Just hope Norn females don't run with prissy tea cup hands like GW1. D:

Hate, hate, hate, hate, hated that run animation.

I chose human because I love their town and human fits as a thief best in my opinion.
    I think it is interesting that everyone that chose Norn say they like the Norse aspect. I was always liked their nature/ shamanism feel the most lol.

I plan on making a Norn or Sylvari alt later on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I chose human because I love their town and human fits as a thief best in my opinion.
    I think it is interesting that everyone that chose Norn say they like the Norse aspect. I was always liked their nature/ shamanism feel the most lol.

I plan on making a Norn or Sylvari alt later on
    I like the whole nature/druid theme so that's why i like norn as well
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I was going to say human first, because I don't generally go for the whole animal-person motif.

Then I realized I had to roll a charr. Because like all true men, they love metal.

They all look so awesome in their own way. Have no clue at the moment.

Sylvari - I'm always drawn to the hippie races.

<3 Plant People.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly Charr, because animal-humanoid races don't get enough good publicity/Lore.

Might try Norn for my Necro. Raven spirit + Necromancer = Warhammer Zealot in awesome gear. :P

Asura are too short and not Dwarves.

May try a Human at some point, but meh.

And Sylvari don't appeal to me, much in the sense that elves never do appeal to me. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Lack of options. Norn is the race I dislike the least. (don't get me wrong, I'm really excited for GW2, I just don't like the races)
    So you haven't played GW1 before have you?

Deleted
    My choices for each profession:

Necromancer, Elementalist, Mes...(the 8th class): All human because I think human fits a caster class most. Other races that would fit are asura and sylvari. Charr and Norn do not fit casters, to big, to rough looking, to "clunky" for a caster profession.

Thief - I would probably pick human or asura for this one. A thief or rogue is an agile character, they have to be silent, move quickly and just be lightfooded. Again charr and norn do not fit this type of profession due to their body figure.

Engineer - My choice would be either charr or norn. They wear heavy guns, flamethrowers and other big instruments. So a more rough looking character would fit best in my opinion. All but sylvari would actually go pretty well with this profession but sylvari are a nature loving race, how can they like machines and big guns?

Guardian - First choice for me is an asura as I just love the way they carry their 2H-weapons on their shoulders and the thought of a little person being the protector of their group/friends. Guardian feels very neutral so every race would fit on this one.

Warrior - Charr or Norn fit this profession a lot. Big and more muscular bodies, though looking, bulky etc. But also human and asura would fit pretty good.

Hunter - I think all races would fit this profession but most of all sylvari due to their closeness to nature.

Of course that is all a matter of taste. I would always pick a class for a certain race because it has to feel right to me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Removed... wrong forum :-/
    Last edited by Gandilf; 2011-11-15 at 10:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose Charr for multiple reasons, I'll just list em right quick

-I'm a fan of werewolves (I know Norn can be literal werewolves, but I like being a beast at all times.)
    -Lions are my favorite animals, tied with wolves.
    -Always the beastial race. Was Worgen in WoW, Ogre in EQA, them cat people in EQ2, ect.
    -I like anthropomorphic characters. If I used a certain synonym, I'm afraid I'll get a lot of negative flak for it.
    -Steampunk, yeah!
    -I like playing the anti-hero, which the Charr, in a sense, are.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebeso View Post
    < This thread is about GW2 >

been wondering for a while now which race to pick for my Elementalist, narrowed it down to 3, Human , silv and Asura

i think Asura is defintley a winner here for a number of reasons but i hate the fact tht my armor will appear small ( armor looks is wht matters in gw2 :P ) thts why am 2nd gussing .

anyway as the title say, why did u choose ur race was it lore ? was it looks ?

share here ur choice and a few words on why
    It was looks
    And as you see yourself, asura look amazing and adorable, right? To me, there's no other choice =)
    I'm pretty sure gear will look adorable on them as well =)

Deleted
    Female Norn, I prefer my casters to look tough (Orc Mage on Warcraft, Bahmi Mage on Rift) Although they also all pick flowers and collect pets.

Also Norn shapeshift which sounds awesome

Been thinking of an Asura thief, but I've been looking at Guardian gameplay a lot lately and now I'm swaying towards that! Which probably means I'll go Human

Human Guardian as my main and Asura thief as my alt!

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Mostly Charr, because animal-humanoid races don't get enough good publicity/Lore.
    Luckily for us, Charr have awesome lore! Really enjoying the personal story for them that we've seen so far.

A couple reasons. I love the idea of playing a technologically advanced race in a world where it isn't commonplace. Also, I'm tall IRL and think it's just slightly funny. In WoW my main was a Gnome, and my alts were Dwarf and then Goblin when they were released.

Also, where is Mif with the hot Asura girls? I've noticed this topic is entirely devoid of them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Did someone say Asura girls?

And how about those hot Charr girls?! Huh?

Alas.

But really, Im set on Charr female myself. I know a lot of people liked Rytlock from the books, but I was an even bigger fan of Ember in ghosts of Ascalon. Great character. That really sealed the deal for me, but prior to that I was leaning towards te Charr on account of always being drawn to animal-type people, and things that are just different from IRL. The female Charr lore was also particularly neat, and plus I love the idea of a strong/prominent heroine.

So female + cat people + good lore = win for me.

For the record, I think AN did a great job with all the races, too. This is a big thing for me, a game has to have great races for me to even get into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Pandas, cause i like them best
    This is the GW2 forum.
    Mists of Kung Fu Panda forums are that way ----->