Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Coalwalker Sandals or Boots of the Black Flame for demo?

Other warlock in guild said he had a spreadsheet that he obtained for himself and that the Heroic sandals were only a 1 dps improvement over the Boots of the Black Flame. True or false? If it's true I'm wondering if it's similar for the alysrazor cloak.

Deleted
    As they don't have mastery, it might be worse for demo, dont'have the exact math here, but if it doesn't have mastery, its probably not a big dps increase, the base stats are betther however, so i suggest checking the sims at EJ

Deleted
    Same issue with Crystalline Brimstone Ring and Crystal Prison Band.

Neither of the boots have mastery.. the spreadsheet probably used high stat weight for hit rating, but unless you have problems to reach hit cap other ways, then hit isn't much better than haste and heroic sandals are clearly better(at least 150 dps):

Gain: 197 haste + 30 int + 48 crit
    Loss: 197 hit

Deleted
    Provided you can achieve your hitcap from your other items - then the heroic boots will be better

for the boots of the black flame - they will sim higher if you are way off your cap, but if you are capped already hit is worthless!

Reforge the crit to mastery for 94 mastery then add in another 35 from lavawalker and there's 129 mastery for you.

If there's (significantly) more intel, then the item is better, regardless of secondary stats (we're talking haste, crit, hit and mastery here, not spirit).
    That's the way gear works.

It depends on what else you're reforging with the new piece if it has hit. Compare the sets of 2 pieces. if you can't get more mastery from reforging another piece it's not worth it, the colwalker boots are better. if you have to reforge another piece to haste you are just losing 30 int. if you can get mastery it's usually the diff between say mastery and haste - the int. for example for affliction the diff between the brimstone ring and the prism ring is like 30 int and 90 crit vs 50 haste if your reforging the head piece.
    Last edited by Subetei; 2011-11-14 at 08:53 PM.

Alright. It sounds like picking them up might not be the worst thing.
    I would sim it myself but I'm new to simcraft and don't know how to sim items I don't have. Can anyone confirm if the Heroic boots would be and upgrade for me personally?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...squatch/simple

Its "1" theorycrafted DPS. That means any "real world" improvement is going to be... well zilch. Nada. Zip. Swallowed up by our inability to play perfectly. Swallowed up by our DPS changing by at least a few hundred each week based on pure RNG and so on.

391 boots vs. 378 boots. Choice is pretty obvious regardless of secondaries. Unless you're really so far off from being at a reasonable level of hit(~16%+) that the hit from the Black Flame ones is mandatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

>< i just told you how to do it... get them, reforge your neck haste to hit and put 40 int gems in your chest... it's an almost straight 50 int upgrade

So basically your guildy told you hit>int, sounds like someone said exactly this "c'mon brah you already got the boots of the blackflame and I sim'd it was only a 1 dps difference lemme have the heroic boots"

Also theoretically hit does zero dps
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2011-11-15 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Causing a spell to have a higher chance to do damage versus do no damage. By your logic crit also theoretically provides no dps because you might not get any extra crits from any rating you have on your gear for a whole fight.

Other than that I was unable to come up with a profile with the 391 bots that sims higher than the 378. There's too much hit on them for them to be an upgrade with your current gear. Get a piece of gear that has mastery/haste or mastery/crit and this will likely change because you can then reforge into more hit without losing mastery which you would have to do with your current gear. The closest profile I could come up with was this and it simmed ~40 dps below your current setup. If anyone else would like to take a crack at this feel free to and either post the chardev and I'll sim it it sim it yourself and post results.

On a side note I simmed your character higher switching all of your 20 int/20 haste gems to 20 int/20 mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSasquatch View Post
    Other warlock in guild said he had a spreadsheet that he obtained for himself and that the Heroic sandals were only a 1 dps improvement over the Boots of the Black Flame. True or false? If it's true I'm wondering if it's similar for the alysrazor cloak.
    Let's look at this. In BiS T12 profiles, haste is valued at 1.98. Mastery is valued at 2.03. Intellect is valued at 3.56. Intellect is the best stat by far. Add the fact that you can reforge a significant amount of crit to mastery on the Coalwalker sandals, there's no way they are only a 1dps increase. It's not even a question.

Edit: I just noticed there is no mastery on the boots of the black flame.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2011-11-15 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    trololo...

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    The closest profile I could come up with was this and it simmed ~40 dps below your current setup. If anyone else would like to take a crack at this feel free to and either post the chardev and I'll sim it it sim it yourself and post results.
    This chardev profile is missing Synapse springs from gloves, if you add that to the simulation then 391 boots gives him over 200 dps increase.

Gah I missed that the glove enchant didn't come over when I imported his lock on chardev. Thanks for catching that, didn't seem quite right, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSasquatch View Post
    Alright. It sounds like picking them up might not be the worst thing.
    I would sim it myself but I'm new to simcraft and don't know how to sim items I don't have. Can anyone confirm if the Heroic boots would be and upgrade for me personally?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...squatch/simple
    No, picking them up would be the best thing. You can get hit from reforging DMV. Don't sacrifice int for hit. You can sacrifice mastery, crit, haste for hit. Just not int.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2011-11-15 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    No, picking them up would be the best thing. You can get hit from reforging DMV. Don't sacrifice int for hit. You can sacrifice mastery, crit, haste for hit. Just not int.
    He's asking if he should get the 391 boots over the 378 crafted ones. All of your evidence supports the correct answer that he should pick up the 391 boots, but you say that they would not be good to get?

10+ Year Old Account
    More Int >>>>>>>

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________