Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think that with cauldrons the potion market will be the better one for non trnasmute alchemists to abuse.
    Into MoP beta, working on new gold blog, watch this space!

Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. get nice looking boe weapons for cheap now (i did this a while back almost have a full bank tab)
    2. ???
    3. profit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarksteve View Post
    1. get nice looking boe weapons for cheap now (i did this a while back almost have a full bank tab)
    2. ???
    3. profit
    List of weapons?

leg enchants. the +intel/spirit for casters/healers, +ap/crit for melee/hunters.
    ppl on my server apparently have forgotten that those were selling for close to 1k a piece when FL was released, now they're going for half that amount.
    i'm sitting on a big chunk of each, since everyone will be upgrading legs really soon.

edit: blackened dragonscale, for those trying to avoid paying for your inflated dragonscale leg armors. meta gems, since everyone will be upgrading new helms.
    Last edited by CrowShammy; 2011-11-19 at 06:30 PM.
    you guys failing doesn't mean the class fails.

It means that -you- fail. Some people clearly make it work, but you guys keep going "NO! NO! LIES! ALL LIES!! That's the ONLY possible explanation for why you do well while I don't!!".
    You don't seem to even consider for one second that the problem just might lie with you.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    I'd say stockpile Greater Celestials. That will be the only Enchanting material not available in bulk since they're adding a Maelstrom -> Heavenly Shard shatter.
    Are they now? Good to know, ty. That's what I'll be targeting, personally then.. nice and simple.
    || Ducivo ||

Deleted
    I'm buying up all Hypnotic Dust under 60s as it will vendor for that in 4.3, the average price on my server is around 30-40s so it's easy profit. Might hold onto it though just to see how the prices change on the AH.

Also been buying cheap gems, and transmuting gems, for the surge in gem sales on patch day. Prices drop pretty low on my server on a weekend, so I've got quite the stash atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    I honestly think entry level cata green items will be selling quite well. With the reduction of xp required during wrath content, I think a lot of people will be dusting off their toons that have been benched in the low 70s for a while. Not only that but the fact that 378 gear will be easily acquired, making it more feasible to gear up fresh 85s for current raiding content. The people who level in pvp will want it to make 77-79 a blast and the pvers will probably need them so they can jump into dungeons asap.
    Craftable 85 items will also probably jump in sales due to people wanting to boost their ilvl to get in to the new dungeons.

Ores will be, cause you can shuffle it for that sexy enchant scrolls and gems.

Else enchant mats/scrolls will be good. And meta gems/gems.

So just like 4.2 .p Oh how good the first 1-2 weeks was. 1st day was absolutely dumb. Even on my dead server I made a good 20-25k in 1 day.

Tab 1
    Tab 2
    Tab 3
    Tab 4
    Tab 5
    Tab 6

I have another tab of off color gems..but no one cares about them. I'd like to get more red gems, along with more maelstorm crystals to shatter the day of the patch or shards to get some more high level enchants.
    I'm also not to focused on volatiles besides fire...and picking up cheap earth...
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-11-23 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fragglerocker View Post
    I am interested you see potions and flasks as a money maker, I have been both potion and flask specced alchemy in Cata and there has been no huge call for either, presumably because guilds have cauldrons and make their own potions and individuals never seem to bother.
    This is true^ Not as many people buy flasks anymore as they did in wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    This is true^ Not as many people buy flasks anymore as they did in wotlk

Two main reasons.

First is that cauldrons have replaced a lot of people buying flasks.
    Second, we dont have as much puggable content as we did in Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    cuz of loleasy FL, very few people are still receiving new gear. because of that chanting mats/JC mats along with there crafted items are really cheap. they will definintily be higher in price over the next few months while people, more specificly pugs, manage to get all that new gear coming along from LFR, 3 new dungeons, and a new raid. also cuz of epic xmutes blue quality gems will be selling nice raw, along with cut.

Easily said; Mats
    What i do currently; Buying the same amount of ore/leather/cloth as usual but only put 75% on AH per day of what i used to do.
    Leg enchants, make sure you have 10 of each if you can craft them
    Chest enchants (resi and peerless) Flasks and Food, BLUE gems. Make sure you have around 60 of all the proper sellers
    Ditch your Heavenly shard and keep your epic ones. Also make sure you have some truegold stacked up. Together with volatile water/fire/air
    If the prices are good atm, get some pyrite ore. i have 500 stacks just to make sure. Regardless if i smelt them or prospect the value wont go down and probbably rise with 25/50% whatever i do with them.
    Enchanting mats are a good thing to stack. Check the Valor point rewards and pick the lowest cost items, get enchants for those! Belt buckle for example.
    Also do couple of new dungeons on first days to get a indication about drops. mix that intel with AH prices and you should get a good head start!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment I have the following (rounded off).

Raw Gems
    320 Inferno Rubies
    245 Ember Tobaz
    280 Demonseye
    160 Ocean Sapphire
    150 Dream Emerald
    125 Amber Jewel
    400 Carnelians

Enchanting Mats
    145 Greater Celestial Essence
    25 Heavenly Shard
    20 Maelstrom Crystals

Volatiles
    450 Volatile Earth
    250 Volatile Fire
    175 Volatile Water
    75 Volatile Air

Miscellaneous
    17 Pristine Hide
    80 Savage Leather
    20 Blackened Dragonscale
    140 Twilight Jasmine
    120 Heartblossom
    175 Mysterious Fortune Cards
    Last edited by macdisciple; 2011-11-25 at 07:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    I'd say stockpile Greater Celestials. That will be the only Enchanting material not available in bulk since they're adding a Maelstrom -> Heavenly Shard shatter.
    for this reason i'd say stockpile maelstroms as everyone will be shattering them, and the 1st couple of weeks maelstroms are going to be alot harder to come by as every bit of gear is pretty much going to be an upgrade for someone...

You can get heavenly shards easily now anyway: (8 obsidium ore -> 4 obsidium bars -> 2 folded obsidium) + 16 elementium ore -> 8 elementium bars) = stormforged shoulders. Disenchant, proffit.

Greater celestials are a difficult one if you use jewelcrafting too, as the only really reliable way to obtain them is through carnelian spikes, of which the mats are almost the same for transmute inferno ruby, which will inevitably be more proffitable.

Currently have 6 tabs of enchanting mats ready, 4 tabs of red/orange/purple gems, ~ 500 belt buckles, 100 dreamcloth and a tab full of leathers.

Various other things such as a whole bunch of other things on standby such as pyrite ore, hardened ele, loads of volatiles etc etc

Deleted
    I would expect enchanting mats (including Maelstorms) to go up straight at the start of 4.3 - majority of people will need on gear from new 5mans and barely anyone will be in Zandalaris, so much less Maelstorms from there. Essences as usuall.

with epic gems coming I think gems will be the big market

Are you guys stockpiling enchanting mats, or premade scrolls?