9 26.47%
  • Rogue

1 2.94%
  • Shaman

0 0%
  • Warrior

3 8.82%

Best starting class for a PVP newbie

I've always been the raiding type since a few months ago. Lately i dont have time to have a raid schedule time, so i decided to go pvp, since i can play whenever i have some free time. All i did in pvp till now was some bg's and a few rbg's, so i'm not very good at it. I used to play frost dk for raiding, but i'm not sure if i want to go pvp with him.

What is the best class to start getting to know how to pvp at the moment? Not just bg's, but also arenas. Want to really start to dedicate myself to true pvp. I also cant stand casters, so that reduces a lot the possibilities.

Deleted

Best new class

I'd recommend a Holy Paladin, what I played when I first started PvP and the basics are fairly easy to pick up.

Deleted
    Frost DK PvP is nice and easy to pick up and is a decent PvP class.

Whatever you decide to go with just read up on http://www.arenajunkies.com/ and that should help get you started in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jhelom View Post
    Whatever you decide to go with just read up on http://www.arenajunkies.com/ and that should help get you started in pvp.
    Although some of what is on that site is decent, the majority of it is out of date and the people that frequent that site are a joke and are not willing to help anyone, and instead laugh and ridicule everyone.

Deleted
    Any healing class, if you want to go dps, Frost mage but since you dont have mage on the poll I voted for DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, DK's are pretty mean in pvp. As for easiest.. honestly they are all pretty easy if your planning on leveling through bg's. You'll have plenty of time to learn and make lots of mistakes. Counter classes will give you issues no matter what in most cases.

In my opinion though the easiest classes to learn are..
    Paladin - Nothing to it. You kill stuff and turn invincible. Certainly the easiest melee class to play. I will be honest though, I deleted mine at 76 cause she was pretty boring.
    Rogue - the only issue here is they are a bit technical. In your early days never attack a paladin or warrior alone. You can in some cases actually keep a pally disarmed/stunned and never able to make a move.. but if you don't watch it their aura will straight up kill you. Happened to me when I was in the 30-39 bracket on mine..
    Mage - In early levels.. don't mess with hunters.. everything else is fair game.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Deleted
    Dont listen to whoever voted for Hunter or warrior :P

Warrior was my main and dear god it has issues, it probably has some of the worst mobility in the game pvp wise and is just not in a great place right now.

And until hunters get there minimum range removed i wouldnt bother playing one. The AJ hunter forums are just full of people moaning about the class.

EDIT: Also rogue isnt a bad one, easy to pickup and learn due to the shear utility they have and the ability to get away from a fight pretty damn easily. They take time and effort to become good at but currently they are probably one of the best PvP classes in general right now.

*looks at Season 11 armor sets*

Paladin.

From my understanding, holy or prot pallys take forever to go down, so if your bg group is decent or you have good arena teammates, then you should be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    *looks at Season 11 armor sets*

Paladin.

From my understanding, holy or prot pallys take forever to go down, so if your bg group is decent or you have good arena teammates, then you should be fine.
    No you didnt just tell him to go prot in arena?

Mage! Mage! Haven't even read the topic or looked at the poll. But Mage damnit

10+ Year Old Account
    dk.

Frost Strike > Obliterate
    They be dead.

I recently just started doing PvP, after being a PvE exclusive person for ~3 years. I've been trying it out on most of my 85's (only doing random BG's) and this is what I've found:

Shaman - I've tried Elemental (not a Enhancement fan, and I am not compatible with healing), and it's OK, though I found it to be kind of blah in comparison to the other ranged classes I've tried (I like my Warlock for Ranged DPS).

Druid - I went Feral Kitty and it is pretty fun. I look at it like my Rogue with less control but more situational utility. Flag running as a Bear/Travel Form, and pretty crazy good damage. Personally, I like playing my Rogue more than the kitty, though it's fun and has cool uses.

Paladin - I did a little bit as Ret in Wrath (and it was fun), but I loathe playing the spec in Cata, so I've kept out of PvP with him. I just can't fathom how managing the Holy Power is going to be useful in PvP given how long it will take to build up to 3HP just to get Inquisition going, and then try to get another 3HP to get good Templars Verdict hits. I'm sure Zealotry+Wings+Guardian would make for an insane amount of burst down, and Pally Bubbles/Lay on Hands is annoying as an opponent, but that's about it.

Rogue - I'm leveling mine, just dinged 80, and I've done a lot of BG's with him and it's awesome as Subtlety. I'm absolutely a fan and am likely going to focus on getting him to 85 ASAP as my main "melee" PvP class. Just so much fun, so much control, so much to master to be good! Plus its nice to have the ability to realize things are going south, and then just get out of the fight/bad situations with Vanish+Cloak. Stealth is so much fun for defense/offense in BG's as well.

Note, this is all my opinion, and I'm no where near good enough to say which one is better than others. I still haven't done any arena yet (hopefully next week when I get some time off work), so this is all based on experience in BG's.

Quote Originally Posted by jhelom View Post
    Arena Junkie has become just that, junk. It's outdated and the posters on it are worthless jerks. Go anywhere else.

Deleted
    dk really isnt. at some point u want to go higher rated pvp and u need to be UH wich is a pain to master, and u might regret u was frost all that time.
    u should just play ur favorite class, and get better at the class and pvp at the same time. but if I have to say whats easiest in pvp its probably frost dk...
    dont just play whats easiest, u wont like it. GL finding the right class and GL pvping

Frost mage and faceroll!!!

You should never play an easy class just because it's easy. You should play what you like most. You'll eventually get good enough with it, automatically.

Deleted
    I'd really just pick the class you like and stick with it. Even if you end up playing something else, much of the stuff carries over (positioning for healers, learning to use focus targets for interrupts/CC etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Arena Junkie has become just that, junk. It's outdated and the posters on it are worthless jerks. Go anywhere else.
    Indeed. The video section has some nice videos though, and once you decide what class you pick, you can always browse the stream listing to find someone who plays your class. Skill-Capped has some really nice instructional videos that are free to view, such as Zelyx's "Game Awareness and Positive Mindset".

Deleted
    "What class should I play" threads are against the forum rules. You'll get dozens of different answers if you factor in spec(s).