10+ Year Old Account

Frost DK in 2s: How to not be rolled by Kitty/Rogue/BM hunter

Hello,

I have been mostly PVPing on my warrior in 2s this season but have switched to my DK. Currently I am running frost as I like the playstyle the best and it seems to do a bit better in arena then UH. In the 2s practice I have been doing, running with a rogue, I get stomped in the ground by cats, rogues, and BM hunters pets can present a problem if I am locked down by a cat/rogue. VS the stealther they usually get me in some sort of CC that I have to trinket out of. I try to get off a hungering cold, to try and waste as much of their CDs as possible, but can often be interrupted there at the start. I try to blood strike but often with 2 DPS with full CDs on me that can't keep me up, partially because its CC, interrupt, CC, CC, etc.

How are DKs stopping all this incoming burst damage at that start that seems to always come to me 1st in a 2s comp? What should I be doing to try and prevent as much as possible?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    as was said above a ret works, burst + bop, but i prefer two's on my dk with a healer, hpal shammy or priest, the hpal can bop you to stop the burst
    Lovely signature made by Visenna!

a. get a ret
    b. respec unholy
    c. accept you are very very squishy.

d. pull them out of stealth early.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

You try to blood strike?

Use IBF

Use LB+ DC

Ghoul Sac

Rely on your partner.

You need healing or intensive peels from your partner. DKs are very squishy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    You end up using AMS, IBF, and Ghoul Sac as defensive CD's rather than offensively. If you're specced into lichbourn (which you should be) then pop that hit ERW and DC on yourself while kiting. Do a jump HB and you'll get them snared. If you survive to do all of that and your partner hasn't burnt one of them down then you might as well stand there and take the beating because you're all out of CD's...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I had some more success last night staying up when they opened up on me with the trinket/IBF. I looked up the LB/DC combo and thats actually pretty cool so I will try that tonight along with an AMS. So if I see an invis I will now 1) Pull out my goul 2) drop a couple D&D in the hopes of pulling them out 3)Opened up on then trinket>IBF>AMS>LB>DC>goul sac.

The only problem I was running into with IBF was not having enough RP last night to cast it if they opened up really quick on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    D&D, BB, and try to get some rune abilities out before they open up. Gathering 40 RP isn't that hard really. After that you should be pulling up the ghoul and saccing. It's pretty easy to wait out the 1 min duration of ghoul and then just raping you with 1 less CD.

I hope you mean Death Strike and not Blood Strike

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krid View Post
    I hope you mean Death Strike and not Blood Strike
    We all know what he meant.

Maybe roll blood with a holy paladin and play until they log off or give up?

You can always do a more defensive frost spec. Spec into the blood tree for Blade Barrier and Scarlet fever. Switch to blood presence if you know there is a rogue/kitty combo and get ready to use your heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Maybe roll blood with a holy paladin and play until they log off or give up?
    This only works until you go against a team that knows to not touch the Blood until the partner is dead. If a Blood DK can't build vengeance then he hits like a kitten. After that when he's trained it's fairly easy to kill him, unless the Blood is very very very skilled. It's a gimmick that's easily countered with a small amount of healing reduction and enough burst.

You can always do a more defensive frost spec. Spec into the blood tree for Blade Barrier and Scarlet fever. Switch to blood presence if you know there is a rogue/kitty combo and get ready to use your heals.

The hungering cold cast time is annoying. Sometimes you have to juke cast with the melee and get them to blow their kick. Or root them with chains of ice and be far enough away so they can't kick you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    D&D, BB, and try to get some rune abilities out before they open up. Gathering 40 RP isn't that hard really. After that you should be pulling up the ghoul and saccing. It's pretty easy to wait out the 1 min duration of ghoul and then just raping you with 1 less CD.
    Blood Boil wont gen any runic if it doesn't hit anything, you're just blowing your Death Runes that way; just stick with DnD and Horn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post
    Blood Boil wont gen any runic if it doesn't hit anything, you're just blowing your Death Runes that way; just stick with DnD and Horn.
    Ah good to know. Thanks both of you. Come to think about it the fights that I am usually trying to drop my D&D next to a pillar to pull someone from stealth are the times when I do have RP for IBF. (Sorry I am a DK noob but really enjoy the gameplay on it. I am trying to learn as much as I can before next season).

Aim to break up their burst. Whether you're in a double dps or dps + healer setup, your number 1 prio is surviving their openers and trying to split up the burst. It's actually worth staying blood presence for the first 30 seconds in such a fight, simply for the 8% damage reduction. That can make or break you. Deathstrike and frost strike your way through their spam and keep your back to a wall or ledge. Keeping your back to the edge of the bridge in blade's edge can lead to hilarious results if one of them falls off or some such.

If you can get past the first 30 seconds, you have a chance of killing them off. If it's Rogue + X, go for the partner first and lay down necrotic strikes heavily to stop self-healing recup nonsense/cats going bear etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BluEyedDemon View Post

The hungering cold cast time is annoying. Sometimes you have to juke cast with the melee and get them to blow their kick. Or root them with chains of ice and be far enough away so they can't kick you.
    There are a great many Rogues out there that don't even have kick on their bar. Which is sad, but nice.

Deleted
    Have your partner help you out and stay away from 2s in general