Poll: What's Your Playstyle

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostomc View Post
    I went heavy armor (dragons armor to be more specific :P) with using 2 handers and bows. Right now im focusing mostly on my bow, 2hander, enchanting, and heavy armor trees. I find the playstyle very enjoyable.
    Dragon armour 1H axe and 1H destruction magic

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    I play exactly the same as you. Full set of the heavy Orcish plate armor with my 2h skyforged steel greatsword. I wanted to be an archer but the amount of arrows it requires is way more than I could even find in stores and having to pick up my spent arrows off the ground 1 by 1 was ridiculous. The only spells I use is the resto 50 heal spell, clarvoyiance, and sometimes the 40 armor boost spell, oh and transmute iron to gold ore.

I also smith a lot of stuff. I'm up to 83 smithing already.
    What really? I leveled by pick pocketing to 100 (took about 30 minutes actually, very quick once you are in with the thieves guild because you can bride you're way out cheaply) and in the process stole about 800 iron arrows from the guards. I know they aren't the best arrows but I just use them for crappy mobs then switch to ebony arrows for the tougher ones.

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 06:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    That's a really damn interesting play style. So you focused on Alteration for armoring yourself and leveled up one handed and conjuration on the side?
    Alteration is a must imo for mages. 300 armor, magic resist, dragonskin, magicka restored when hit with a spell. All awesome.

Deleted
    Heavy Armor with muffle on boots, Sneak, Archery. those are the skills that i have maxed everything so basically i just shoot from stealth and things die nearly in one hit. i probably should have gone with light armor but i like the look of full daedric set. most enchants beside boots and chest are Enchant for +Bow% with daedric bow i have 230 attack i think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hm I went with Heavy Armor, 1 hand + shield, but I took the heavy armor perk that your gear weighs nothing and doesn't slow you down. That's right, I'm playing a stealth warrior I suppose

Deleted
    Battlemage; mostly magic, bound weapons and heavy armor. Just finished my Daedric set, THATS what DK armor should look like

I play a master smithing enchanter. For combat I realized late that fortify one handed dmg enchants don't affect daggers, lead me to using deadric swords enhanced to legendary status enchanted to leech health and stamina/soul trap.

Armer is Dragonscale(legendary) enchanted with just silly enchantments.... I focused on Stam and HP cause I can fortify my school of choice to be free so the base line of 100 magicka is more than I need to chain cast my nastiest spells.

Max enchanting just makes your character silly... that said, if I'm ever without my gear I'll be screwed if I can't talk my way out (which is awesome cause I can tel guards to ignore my petty crimes like pick pocketing).

edit:
    reminds me, I have to track down those gloves I saw on my first time through the Dark Brotherhood that weren't "enchanted" but still said they offered the 2x muliplier on one handed sneak attacks. Would love to slap a 40%+ one handed dmg effect and 40% sneak or something on them.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2011-11-29 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Pretty basic, maxed out stealth, wearing light armor, bow/dagger+sword as a weapon and some restoration spells so that I can heal myself if things start to look bad.

Heavy/greatsword with Eola as my range, she does bow/magics.
    I did thief type people in the other two Scrolls and wanted something different this time.
    Never did like messing with mananas, so no wizards for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    First character was a thief.

AMG AWESOME. I just love sneaking up on people and slitting their throats or stealing their stuff. I loved archery and using throw voice to taunt them into the open. Oh and killing the emperor's cousin at her wedding was sick. I just like not giving a shit and doing what I want. Thieves can get away with so much with a high sneak skill.

At first I was 1h with a flame spell in the other (or healing if need be) but then I went to dual wielding near the end.

My current character is a warrior. He's fun but I'm missing my thief. I went sword and board, like a tank. Power bash is nice against casters I guess.

I'm a bit iffy about trying a mage since I've heard they suck in late game.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Sneak and Archery. My light armor skill hasn't gained a single point because I basically one-shot everything. So great.

Having max enchanting and smithing just makes this game, even at Master difficulty, trivial.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2011-11-30 at 05:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Sneak and Archery. My light armor skill hasn't gained a single point because I basically one-shot everything. So great.
    I found myself turning up the difficulty so I wouldn't one shot things. Started as Apprentice. By the time I killed Alduin I was on Adept. Not sure about expert though, Dragon Priests can give me a headache at low levels.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I'm playing a Warrior but I'm kind of regretting it a little.

The game-play get extremely boring after a while and unlike Thief and Mage, Warriors don't have anything unique going for them. Anyone can kill stuff but not everyone can Sneak, Pick-pocked and sweet-talk.

I have a straightforward Redguard warrior, with a little destruction/conjuration on the side. Full deadric armor/ dual wield swords (made with smithing boosted way past 100), Morokei (+100% magika regen), Spellbreaker (a shield with a ward spell).

Typical combat
    Most things: Run up an kill with dual wield swords. 1-5 hits, boring and easy.
    Dragon: Summon atronach to piss it off, get it to land, dual wield sword it and it's dead. No problem
    Wisp mother / ridiculous bosses: Piss off with stealth arrows first. In spite of my daedric armor and tank character, I discover 1 hit takes away 90% of my health, so I cower in terror for a bit. Summon dremora lord as bait, and spam fire spells which do 0 damage. Summon another dremora, scramble up behind spellbreaker, shout the dang thing down, and madly smack it with poisoned swords while chugging health potions till it keels over.

Combat is either stupid easy or impossible. I would play on master, but I think I would have to console kill every boss.
    Last edited by brucethemoose; 2011-11-30 at 01:17 PM.

I'm playing a paladin-themed char.

- sword & board
    - restoration
    - smithing
    - light armor
    - tiny bit of alteration for the armor buffs

Playing on master difficulty, seeing this is my 2nd playtrough. I died a couple of times, but having a blast while playing.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    That's a really damn interesting play style. So you focused on Alteration for armoring yourself and leveled up one handed and conjuration on the side?
    Yeah, I opened up with dualwielding swords, but due to the hotswap bug, I chose to go with dualwielding Bound Swords. Yeah, fully clothed using the Ebon Skin (300 armor with perks) from alteration primarily and then Dragonskin for the big packs where one has to tank properly. It's good now as I got the conjuration properly perked up, so I can get two permanent storm attronachs on the side.

15+ Year Old Account
    I kind of made a paladin as I'm mixing heavy armor, two handed, and restoration perks. I actually didn't even realize what I was doing for a while until one day I was looking at my perks and we like "damn, I guess I just made a paladin." I even use a warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    I kind of made a paladin as I'm mixing heavy armor, two handed, and restoration perks. I actually didn't even realize what I was doing for a while until one day I was looking at my perks and we like "damn, I guess I just made a paladin." I even use a warhammer.
    Try using a greatsword, I just love it when I decapitate people and yell "DECAPITATION!" irl. It's so much fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    My playstyle isn't up there. Actually the playstyles you have up are very basic, no hybrids or anything. I play a mage tank. Heavy armor, one handed weapon, & destruction magic. Though I like to think of myself as a shaman since I use lightning & fire mostly, and use a mace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aired
    Our raid leader went AFK mid nef attempt and all he said was 'BRB GF's naked'