Poll: What's Your Playstyle

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    just completed the main storyline and multiple side stories (ie archmage etc) and got bored and went on a killing spree in riverwood and riften...it's a good game just a bit of a shame you can't really have much of a permanent effect..ie all important npcs just kneel down and then start healing when you kill them and magic effects dissapear within seconds and don't effect trees,buildings etc (wanted to set fire to forests and cause havoc in towns but it wasn't possible )

So much fun killing innocent people and rezzing them to fight against their familys 0o
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2011-11-14 at 08:08 PM.

Archery, Stealth, Destruction.

Wouldn't play it any other way. There is nothing like dropping destruction runes, sniping a group from afar, and kiting them over magic proximity mines.

Also, one shot throat slitting is pretty badass looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    archer thief, much as i did in oblivion, i lurk and take you out from range, wicked fun attacking and being able to hide before they can find me

Bowsassin. I do technically have a 1h+shield backup but I extremely rarely end up using them now (and if I do it's generally to shield bash before shout-charging back to range). My 1h skill is like 30 or 31 versus a bow skill in the mid 70's & a stealth skill in the 60's at level 25.

I've heard some people complain it's awkward using only a bow which I find a little surprising. I've found that you've just gotta be patient, get the right shot rather than the quick shot, and always be aware of what obstacles you can hide/kite around. The sniper mentality isn't the quickest playstyle, but I enjoy it.

I have yet to cast a spell in combat - excepting run or knockback shouts - so if I do another play through I'll probably do it as an in-your-face style mage build (battlemage rather than ambush/kite mage). Something where i end up with at least one magic skill above 16 anyway lol. Really enjoying it so far, but I'm the sorta person who's more likely to try to do absolutely everything on one toon than make a second... although I reckon Skyrim's gonna have a hell of a lot more replayability for me than most games.
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2011-11-14 at 08:20 PM.

Mage/meele hybrid. It's fun to play and if you are low on mana you can always pull out a legendary reforged glass blade with manaabsorb enchant.

Fireballs in ya face. That thing is so effing deadly to nearly all kind of monsters...

Currently, after two days of playing it, I am full light dragon armor and speccing into mage and armor perk.

But I'm considering to create a warry once i got the story completed...

ps.: leveling with forging was stupid, boring but easy as hell....

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Archer/Mage combo for the win.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    You can only dual wield one handed weapons so it's not a Wow style warrior with 2, 2 handers :P
    I wouldn't want that anyway. I'm stoked about playing with 2 1H axes!

Deleted
    I started out wanting to be a thief - ended up doing abit of magic, ended up as a sort of melee mage. Aka; sword in one hand, restoration/alteration in the other.. I'm not sure if the games just undertuned/doesn't scale proper or its horribly OP for some reason - I had alot of trouble clearing dwemer dungeons around level10, now at 26 I pretty much run right through everything, including dragons. Anyone know if they use the oblivion (creatures always scale around your level, aka the higher level you are the tougher monsters you'll meet) or the Morrowind model (similar to wow, creatures don't scale with the player)?

Bow / Light Armor / dual 1h swords for melee.

Quote Originally Posted by epard View Post
    My friend did the mages college chain on the 360 and there were no bugs that made it impossible to complete
    Hmm, maybe my friend is just bad... =/ He apparently got stuck on a quest and checked online, which is where he saw it was "confirmed bugged on the 360"... I've not personally done anything for the College.

Edit: I texted my friend, and apparently it is only bugged for a small amount of people, not sure exactly how it is bugged, but yeah...
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-11-14 at 09:20 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely a thief. Got to love rolling around and then going for the kill with your 30x Sneak Attack multiplier and then disappear into the shadows again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually play a more berserker type character in RPGs like this, but in Oblivion I didn't really like it and when I played Fallout (moreso New Vegas) I found stealthing around and sniping people with my Anti-Material Rifle was amazing. So, this time around I've been going Light Armor, Archery, and Sneak as my main three skills, but I am looking into picking up a 4th skill preferably a crafting skill. If you have a suggestion I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: Also, can someone tell me the advantage of using daggers over swords? Do they have a higher critical chance or something? Because I want to really embrace the assassin style with light armor, bow and arrow, and dual daggers.

Deleted
    I don't play Skyrim. 6:

15+ Year Old Account
    I mix based on what I am fighting. 2 out of 3 times I use sword n board but that 1 time is reserved for magic; mostly destruction right now.

When I feel like it Ill spam my fire spell with my left hand and whack them good with my right hand. I love it!

Nothing more intimidating then a knight who sheaths his shield in favor of casting a spell with sword still in hand.

Imma Heavy Amoured, melee/magic user

Deleted
    Pretty much a combination of things. I use light armor, but mostly am up in their face with a one-hander and a shield. For ranged I use a bow. I also got some magic for convenience sake, like Clairvoyance and Candlelight.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mostly prefer heavy armor + sword and board. I love just wading in to enemies and coming out nearly unscathed.

I think that for my next play through, I'm going to force myself to either go full magic caster or play a ranger or assassin type of character.

Assassin style. Stealth, light armor, alteration, illusion, 1h (to boost dw). I am having a blast. In Oblivion, no melee style was actually viable, actually nothing but Mage was viable. Also have a couple points in alchemy poisons/ potions.

Im gonna start over with same set up and name him Sasuke. Yeah I'm a nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Sneglzilla View Post
    Anyone know if they use the oblivion (creatures always scale around your level, aka the higher level you are the tougher monsters you'll meet) or the Morrowind model (similar to wow, creatures don't scale with the player)?
    I heard that things 'lock' to your level when you first enter the area they're at, but they won't level with you. So if you find an impossible fight early on, you can walk away and come back later 'n it should still be the same as it was before, just you're much stronger this time round.

Sounds like it promotes low level wandering!
    To purr, or not to purr...

I'm a mage in heavy armor who walk in stealth and I like to get the opener with my bow

Heavy armor - One handed - destruction - restoration - alteration (and a little bit of stealth, bow and enchanting)