Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The NDA is a pain in the ass, to be sure. I've played in the last 2 betas and all I can say is that it's flat-out the most engaging, story-driven MMO ever. It feels more like a single-player RPG than any MMO I've ever played. There's never a point where it feels grindy.

Even that is breaking the NDA though Valthios. So yeh, it is a pain :P

Deleted
    Considering Stephen Reid (Community boss for Swtor) has a r2-db account and tweeted about it makes me think that BioWare is supportive towards that site.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Do you even know what the nda is supposed to cover?
    Everything that should not be know outside of beta without any official info or posted on a press website is NDA protected, even if 99% of the word is censured the 1% is still a breach.
    The number of quest in each zone is NDA protected too, no one should know that except a beta tester.

Stop talking out of your butt yourself..
    I wouldn't be worried about the NDA at this point it will be lifted in the coming days...curse has 170k beta invites alone not to mention all the people who got the email during last week confirming their place in the beta, I think it will be lifted on Friday so while their are still a few days to go I cant see that website being in much trouble.

Infact anybody in the beta at this point may aswell spill the beans, we are only weeks from release and its going into open beta this week so not much to lose.

I have been pretty harsh on this game but I have a beta invite and will give it a fair go without any bias then give my honest opinion on what I think, im actually looking forward to testing it out who knows maybe it will change my mind.

Sorry, but R2-DB.com will be better. And easier to find since the name sticks more.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Sorry, but R2-DB.com will be better. And easier to find since the name sticks more.
    Haha, I just now got there DB in R2-DB meant database. I kept thinking it was douche bag as I use that abbreviation a lot.
    Couldn't figure out why someone would name a serious site R2-Douche Bag, lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tripplebooya View Post
    Haha, I just now got there DB in R2-DB meant database. I kept thinking it was douche bag as I use that abbreviation a lot.
    You know the droid: R2-D2 from the movies. R2-DB is simply close and funny. Never heard of db being used for douche bag.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I will sign that petition, please for the love of god give us a DB that is as good as WoWhead.

When I first played WoW i thought Thottbot was the shiz, but WoWhead is a great DB.
    Heh I used thottbot all the time, then when I discovered WOWHEAD i had that "oh wait I could have dated this really hot chick all along??" type of feeling.

Torhead sounds awesome Maybe the wowheaders can flip over and do SWTOR too!

Quote Originally Posted by Exes View Post
    You know the droid: R2-D2 from the movies. R2-DB is simply close and funny. Never heard of db being used for douche bag.
    Yeah I know who r2-d2 is, it wasn't the reference I didn't get, it was just the meaning if db.
    And you've never heard someone cask someone a db ? in especially chat or forums.

nice find guys thanks!

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    A quick whois shows torhead.com domain belongs to Steve Tchernian who happens to be also the owner of wowhead.com and who appear to be head of ZAM Networks.

So, I guess it is now confirmed that ZAM is readying a WoWhead.com-like db for SWTOR…

Hah, that's awesome.

We were doing a podcast at the fansite summit with some other fansites and during one of the parts it sounded like someone said R2-DP, which sparked up a hilarious conversation to say the least

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Infact anybody in the beta at this point may aswell spill the beans, we are only weeks from release and its going into open beta this week so not much to lose.
    Its still a closed beta, until Bioware decide to release us from NDA, i wont say a word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exes View Post
    Same and the internet agrees with me
    http://www.acronymdb.com/acronym/DB

Yeah I know who r2-d2 is, it wasn't the reference I didn't get, it was just the meaning if db.
    And you've never heard someone cask someone a db ? in especially chat or forums.
    I can say with certainty I've never seen db used as a douche bag acronym.

People say dbag, not db. ZAM will release a SW:TOR database - they have one for RIFT, they'll have one for TOR. I just hope it's good like Wowhead instead of shit like the RIFT one is.

It is not Star Wars: The of Republic, it is Star Wars: The Old Republic. There is no reason to lower case the o. Please stop lower casing the o. SWTOR, not SWToR. Sorry to rant, but thats really just stupid.

Right now I am using wookiepedia for my database info. They don't have much on the game because of NDA, but the full rest of the EU is there.