Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Dreadlord Sentinel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Please do not acquire and redeem one of these codes as it could jeopardize your ability to participate in this test.


    If you have recieved an email like this, do not use the code.
    Too late now. If they don't let me into the beta they just lost a potential customer. I'm not going to buy an MMO that I haven't been able to play prior.
    "This one last bullet you mention is my one last shot at redemption, because I know to live you must give your life away."

    Your friendly neighborhood white lion.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    Too late now. If they don't let me into the beta they just lost a potential customer. I'm not going to buy an MMO that I haven't been able to play prior.
    Then just wait for the trial accounts some months after release.

    I am optimistic EA will find some way to make ends meet without your money until then :-)

  3. #23
    hey i live in Australia and iv been itching to beta test this game is there any way i can do it.. it says that i need to be from NA or Canada?

  4. #24
    Is the game downloadable before the testing starts ? I don't want to spend the beta weekend downloading the game.

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire lordzed83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK Nottingham
    Posts
    497
    I bet not :/

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Volkz View Post
    hey i live in Australia and iv been itching to beta test this game is there any way i can do it.. it says that i need to be from NA or Canada?
    Yes you can, someone previously posted a site you can get it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post

  7. #27
    Dreadlord Vexies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Posts
    978
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Is the game downloadable before the testing starts ? I don't want to spend the beta weekend downloading the game.
    yes the client will be downloadable well before the weekend begins. Usually about two or three days lead time.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Oh, guess I shouldn't have entered the key... oh well, can't turn it off now. Guess I get to find out what happens when you're one of the ones who get an invite then entered a key.

    I guess I didn't read close enough and thought this would let me download the beta client and try it out tonight.
    I'm one of those. I was told we should ask this guy http://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

  9. #29
    when is the expected date of beta launch?

  10. #30
    I got an email saying I was selected, but I still haven't got my key after 2 years or so signing up for testing, and yet hundreds of thousands of ppl who didn't, already do or will before us without ever having signed up. We can't redeem these giveaway keys either because
    Please do not acquire and redeem one of these codes as it could jeopardize your ability to participate in this test.
    Fair huh?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    I got an email saying I was selected, but I still haven't got my key after 2 years or so signing up for testing, and yet hundreds of thousands of ppl who didn't, already do or will before us without ever having signed up. We can't redeem these giveaway keys either because

    Fair huh?
    Yes it is fair.

    They have the keys but cannot use them yet, you will get a key before the beta weekend and will be able to use it at the same time as everyone else - including me.

    I guess from your over-emotional reaction you will be going sith.....
    Stabby, stabby, stab, stab.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennick View Post
    Yes it is fair.

    They have the keys but cannot use them yet, you will get a key before the beta weekend and will be able to use it at the same time as everyone else - including me.

    I guess from your over-emotional reaction you will be going sith.....
    Ahh yes, my hatred knows no bounds - LOL ;P
    Honestly though they have handled this whole thing very oddly.

  13. #33
    Well, no need to be rude. Considering the massive demand for the game it's logical to react as fast as you can, how many times have you seen a beta key giveaway only to realise they are all gone?

    Anyway, for those who did the mistake and registered a curse key, we will be able to play normally, it just means a key was simple used up
    You'll only get one invite, is what it means.
    From the official community manager twitter.



    Quote Originally Posted by Dwun
    Dont know if serious or just very retarded because you couldnt figure out how to read an email
    Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    ^^ this. i hope all those ppl being angry at bioware, cause they couldnt read an email properly, will not play the game at all and will not spoil the fun for the rest of us
    So you are making fun of some people that did a careless mistake? The only people I see spoiling the fun are those with a rude attitude and no respect.
    Last edited by Wolfsage; 2011-11-15 at 06:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

  14. #34
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Volkz View Post
    when is the expected date of beta launch?
    Beta has been going on for well over a year, but this particular beta weekend that the keys and emails are for is "likely" Thanksgiving weekend or the weekend after.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    So you are making fun of some people that did a careless mistake? The only people I see spoiling the fun are those with a rude attitude and no respect.
    im not making fun of ppl that made a mistake and are looking for help (i helped couple of those myself), only those that are being angry at bioware (even tho the mistake was theirs, not bioware's) ;>

  16. #36
    Meh I was one of the foolish ones seeing the "Beta keys" thingy and thinking yay! now I have something to do for the rest of the day. Then I got to the actual key getting page and found out you still need to wait for an invite for god knows when. Meh, not impressed with this system.

    I have figured though that since inclusion ends Friday that the test won't be as soon as the next day on Saturday. Which suites me fine cause I can play Saturday, but I have things to do on Sunday. I'll be fine other week-ends though, so bring it on

    Glad I'll be having a chance to test it for a bit, the game has been on my "curious, but not buying" list for some time and getting first hand experience to sate my curiosity is going to be nice.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  17. #37
    Stood in the Fire Spritely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    I got an email saying I was selected, but I still haven't got my key after 2 years or so signing up for testing, and yet hundreds of thousands of ppl who didn't, already do or will before us without ever having signed up. We can't redeem these giveaway keys either because


    Fair huh?
    You won't need a code anyway. You'll be sent an email the week of the test with a confirmation link and information on how to get the client.

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 01:50 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Is the game downloadable before the testing starts ? I don't want to spend the beta weekend downloading the game.
    I've done two other beta weekends so far, based on those they'll send out emails with more information the week of the beta test. http://www.swtor.com/tester That is the link they send you to though.

  18. #38
    wait so we shouldnt redeem a code yet...

    6) Program requirements and guidelines:
    - Have a valid SWTOR account
    - Must be signed up for the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Testing Program (http://www.swtor.com/tester) and have accepted the Game Testing Agreement.
    - Must have redeemed The Old Republic Beta Testing Code by the requested deadline.
    - Must be 18 years or older

    you need to be sign up to test, but cant apply if you are signed. catch 22 anyone?

  19. #39
    Stood in the Fire Spritely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    wait so we shouldnt redeem a code yet...

    6) Program requirements and guidelines:
    - Have a valid SWTOR account
    - Must be signed up for the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Testing Program (http://www.swtor.com/tester) and have accepted the Game Testing Agreement.
    - Must have redeemed The Old Republic Beta Testing Code by the requested deadline.
    - Must be 18 years or older

    you need to be sign up to test, but cant apply if you are signed. catch 22 anyone?
    You can't apply if you signed up to test before the 11th. That's all. After that you get a key. Before that and you're already in.

  20. #40
    ah i guess it makes sense, these are just for people who didnt sign before the 11th.

    I hope I didnt mess up my chances for beta weekend, I thought these codes were for a longer beta, not for the weekends :/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •