Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Will GW2 even be released next year?

They still have not released the final class and no official word on the Beta...assuming they start beta early 2012 I would expect the game to be released in Fall or Winter of 2012....if everything goes smoothly.

Anyone have any idea of when the projected release date is?

When it's done.
    Don't be rushing Arenanet.

Deleted
    I was being overly optimistic with a pre-2012 release, but I think what you've written might be quite close, thinking about it.

Autumn/Winter release would really suit the style of the game imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I remember correctly, ArenaNet was talking about both their closed and open beta not being that long. Can't find any official quotes on this, though.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Arena Net has stated they were well on the way to a closed Beta by the end of this year if not the very beginning of next year. Seeing how polished the game is already, I can't imagine beta being too long, hence I can't see it NOT coming out sometime next year.

Because of how well the game is currently I don't think it is possible for them not to release it sometime in 2012. Funny thing is I keep hearing people believe that MoP will release during late spring/early summer and for whatever reason I always thought that was when GW2 would release so looks like I will have many games to play around that period.

Deleted
    I will post this again (hmm 4th time?):
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...8&postcount=73

Hardly anything changed. Everything is going according to the plan, 8th prof at the beginning of Dec and CB just before year's end.

So, until January: /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want it to come out before june I have my reasons! (I will only have mine for my new gaming computer by then)

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't rush 'em, you don't want 'Guild Wars 2 - Pandalysm'.

I can't wait, too, but at least I will get things done until release... so don't be just patient, use your last GW2-free months :-p
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Well, it almost seems like all the game cons they bring it to are prebetas for certain parts of the game. So I imagine that what triage said is probably true about the short betas.

I'm suspecting (hoping) it will be released in the summer of 2012.

Don't expect GW2 until late next year.

It's amazing how many people completely misconstrued the meaning of the Earnings Call. They basically said the same thing we already know, which is that the closed beta will start this year, the outcome of that will determine when the open beta is, and the outcome of that determines release. Any mention of late next year was an absolute worse case scenario to cover their asses.

"When it's done" is the official release date as of right now. Don't rush them. I'd rather not have them feel pressured by the masses to send out a half-assed, unfinished game. They're not usually the guys who give in to people screaming for the game, (Trust me I've tried the "Shut up and take my money" idea, already) when the game is done we will see it on store shelves. Just be patient and play Skyrim or whatever game you choose to fill the gap in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to shout at them,

Even while playing Skyrim, I'm dying more to play Guild Wars 2 at every bit of news I get.

I'm still thinking it will be out by early next year (Feb to May-ish).

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    I just want to shout at them,

*snip*

Even while playing Skyrim, I'm dying more to play Guild Wars 2 at every bit of news I get.

I'm still thinking it will be out by early next year (Feb to May-ish).

haha! Same, I love Syrim and I see myself putting literally 100s of hours into it but I am really hurtin for some GW2 at the moment, but again I'm all for the "It's done when it's done" philosophy. Makes great games in most cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be released next year if for no other reason than they cannot keep interest in it going by simply showing alpha videos for another year.

I am not aware of the studios operating budget, but I imagine they are getting tight on that as well.

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    It's amazing how many people completely misconstrued the meaning of the Earnings Call. They basically said the same thing we already know, which is that the closed beta will start this year, the outcome of that will determine when the open beta is, and the outcome of that determines release. Any mention of late next year was an absolute worse case scenario to cover their asses.
    Sort of this, except if it was mentioned in a financial meeting then it is likely they meant Q4, so the closed beta may be a few months down the road still.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    It will be released next year if for no other reason than they cannot keep interest in it going by simply showing alpha videos for another year.

I am not aware of the studios operating budget, but I imagine they are getting tight on that as well.

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 03:40 PM ----------

Sort of this, except if it was mentioned in a financial meeting then it is likely they meant Q4, so the closed beta may be a few months down the road still.
    Except Arenanet said the next day that the beta is still sceduled for end of this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it will be. I've been waiting a year now, and if it doesn't come out, then I'm going to carve the GW2 logo into my jugular and leave a suicide note simply written "See what you have done, ArenaNet!?". JK, but seriously though, I can't wait. I can't imagine how the people who've been following the game for 4 years feel.

Deleted
    Oops, a douple post somehow.
    Last edited by mmoceff7166f42; 2011-11-18 at 11:57 AM.