Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Patch 4.3 PTR Build 14995, Legendary Daggers, Patch 4.3 UI Changes, SWTOR Beta Keys

Patch 4.3 - PTR Build 14995
    A new build is being deployed on test realms today, obviously we're very close to the release of the patch now and this is a very minor build with almost no changes.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Hunter (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Beast Mastery

Survival
    • T.N.T. now has a 10/20% chance to proc, up from 6/12%.

Legendary Daggers - Stage 2 Stats Revealed
    The stats of the 2nd stage of the Legendary Daggers can now be datamined on test realms.

Stage 1 - Vengeance / Fear
    • Set Bonus - Your melee attacks have a chance to grant Suffering, increasing your Agility by 2, stacking up to 50 times.

Stage 2 - The Sleeper / The Dreamer
    • Set Bonus - Your melee attacks have a chance to grant Nightmare, increasing your Agility by 5, stacking up to 50 times.

Stage 3 - ?? / ??
    • Set Bonus - Your melee attacks have a chance to grant Shadows of the Destroyer, increasing your Agility by 17, stacking up to 50 times. Each application past 30 grants an increasing chance to trigger Fury of the Destroyer. When triggered, this consumes all applications of Shadows of the Destroyer, immediately granting 5 combo points and cause your finishing moves to generate 5 combo points. Lasts 6 sec.

Patch 4.3: UI Changes
    A few other minor tweaks have been made to the UI in Patch 4.3, as well as a new Reforging and Transmogrification UI.

SWTOR Beta: 175,000 Keys Giveaway
    Curse.com is giving away SWTOR Beta Keys, a lot of them actually, since we have 175,000 beta keys available. If you'd like to get your hands on one of these keys and you're 18 years of age or older, head over to one of the following pages to score yours while they last!

To apply your beta key follow these instructions, which are covered in-depth on the giveaway pages:

• Visit www.swtor.com/redeembetacode, log in to your Star Wars: The Old Republic account or create a new one and opt-in to the game testing program (www.swtor.com/tester)
    • Enter your beta code when prompted
    • You must redeem your code prior to 11:59PM CST on Friday 11/18/2011. Codes are not redeemable beyond these cut off times.

When you're done with all of that, you can discuss the game on our SWTOR forums and check out the latest news on darthhater.com

Minecraft: Stormwind
    More progress is being made on the Minecraft version of Stormwind.

Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-11-15 at 03:14 AM.

175.000 keys... I can think of 2 reasons for spreading beta keys all over:

1. They're either conducting a stress test on their servers
    2. They're kind of getting desperate

edit: also, in before the QQs about Transmogrification costs!

edit2: can someone beat up some curse coders and have them accept the comments properly (ie: formatting, line breaks etc.)?
    Last edited by Znuff; 2011-11-15 at 03:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Znuff View Post
    175.000 keys... I can think of 2 reasons for spreading beta keys all over:1. They're either conducting a stress test on their servers2. They're kind of getting desperate

I hope you're kidding with that second statement...

Do you know how many people want to get into this beta?
    Oh, noooo, I'm so sorry. It's The Moops. The correct answer is, The Moops.

175.000 keys... I can think of 2 reasons for spreading beta keys all over:1. They're either conducting a stress test on their servers2. They're kind of getting desperate
    They're doing a stress test.

That Stormwind is a lot more epic, since it's huge. I wish SW could actually be like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    From the SWTOR website:

We’re excited to announce that later this month we will be conducting our largest Beta Testing Weekend yet, specifically designed to help us stress test our servers in preparation for the launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
    They also invited everyone that signed up for the beta before the 11th of November.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Front page!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumms View Post
    I hope you're kidding with that second statement...

Do you know how many people want to get into this beta?
    I know how many people got in to the beta and called the game shit.

It's a stress test, everyone who had applied to beta test is in for a weekend and a large chunk of sites have keys to give away.

They are in no way desperate, they have almost a million physical pre orders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrield View Post
    It's a stress test, everyone who had applied to beta test is in for a weekend and a large chunk of sites have keys to give away.

They are in no way desperate, they have almost a million physical pre orders.
    You sound scared that a game might put your precious little game in some danger.
    Oh, noooo, I'm so sorry. It's The Moops. The correct answer is, The Moops.

175.000 keys... I can think of 2 reasons for spreading beta keys all over:

1. They're either conducting a stress test on their servers
    2. They're kind of getting desperate
    It's for stress test #2.

And also...the grab your key button doesn't work.

I wonder why the Stormwind video has a minute of dead video.

Deleted
    I got a key last week, though i seem to have lost my buzz for the game and can't be bothered anymore It is definatly a stress test though, im pretty sure it said so in the email.

So do they have to KILL anything in a raid for the Stage 2 set?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is infact for the stress test.If you actually plan on trying to experience the game, you're in for a huge letdown I'm sure.Bioware already announced that EVERYONE that registered an account BEFORE the 11th of November will be getting an invite.You can imagine that's well over a million people.Also multiple websites will be giving out beta access to the people that [for some reason] never registered.If CURSE got 175,000 you can imagine what other websites are getting.I except a couple million people will be trying to play that weekend....thankfully I played the beta before all this mess.Enjoy the most PAINFUL way to play a Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumms View Post
    You sound scared that a game might put your precious little game in some danger.
    I think you quoted the wrong person.

I know how many people got in to the beta and called the game shit.
    Hmm. The only people that I saw were grumpy were those that didn't understand the point of a stress test and trying to max out the servers. Those that got to play didn't have much negative to say. Beta is there for a reason. There are always going to be things that people won't like. However, those calling the game crap are just either negative by nature or feel that there has to be a winner or loser in this WOW vs. SWTOR argument. Both can, and will, co-exist quite well. TOR has its 900,000 hard copy US pre-orders, plus another estimated 1.5 to 2.0 million digital and international pre-orders. The game will play differently than WOW, which is good. We need many new ideas to come to the MMO table so EVERYONE can improve their product. Competition spurs innovation and creativity. If SWTOR and GW2 can come out and hold on to 4-6 million subscriber base, that puts pressure on Blizzard to do their best. Likewise with the others. Everyone wins. There doesn't always have to be a loser.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    For once , NoN wow NEWS... i love it... i dont mind wow news thoe... i like to read up on it.allready got my beta invite thoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people hate Australia or something? We seem to get excluded from everything :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Only for US and Canada ... dammit

Awesome! Free Beta Keys! Oh wait, TOR Screw over the Australians again by not offering the Beta keys to the Australians AGAIN. Not only are we not getting Oceanic servers, we aren't getting beta, and we aren't getting a world wide release date unless we pre-order off amazon! I was planning on buying a copy of TOR, but after this blantent blind eye to the entire oceanic community I'm not doing it again.I don't like to rant on the internet because it generally encourages trolls, I gave up on looking forward to TOR a while back but actually got excited when I saw beta keys.