Thread: Farewell WoW

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by etubrutei View Post
    um not to be a jerk or troll or anything but who cares in reality no one will miss you when you leave ps you will be back in 5 months
    So do the people, like me, that have quit for more then 5 months get a special prize?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintphoenix View Post
    Funny u can tell most of the ppl who havnt played beta, they are most of the ppl saying it might not be fun
    I'm sure no one sane is debating that it's amazing leveling content, I mean it's fucking Bioware. The major problems I have, and have had since it's announcement, is how it will work when the MM kicks in. Meaningful choice is amazing until you start to farm things over and over again with random pubbies with differing opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    As having ten times more subs then its competitors still, your argument is fail too.
    Solid comment. Except that some of "it's competitors" have up to 3 million subscribers, which is less than 4x more - not 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    WoW has been top for seven years. People leave for other games, and then come back. We know this. Stop pulling things out of your rear.
    Fail comment. When was the last time WoW lost 1.1 million subscribers in a 6 month period? When was the last time WoW ever had a negative year of subscribers?

Oh that's right, NEVER. It's one thing to criticize people for saying WoW is "dying" or is about to go bankrupt, but I would advise you not to nullify your entire argument by following it up by claiming WoW is in the same condition as always. WoW is in trouble. This is a fact. MoP could make or break it for a lot of the community, and if they continue at their current rate of subscriber loss (which realistically won't happen but still) they would have no players in 5 more years.

WoW is suffering slightly and with other MMOs coming out that are OBVIOUSLY drawing people away FOR GOOD, it's a little closed-minded to say "see you guys when you come back to WoW". This isn't Wrath where the amount of players leaving was counteracted by the amount of players being drawn in.

EDIT: Sorry just to clarify, despite no longer playing I'm not anti-wow. I had some great years on WoW. I just hate the fact that people automatically jump to extremes of "EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH WOW/NOTHING IS WRONG WITH WOW" when it's obviously somewhere in the middle.

Deleted
    I look forward to trying out the beta soon, and as someone who leaves WoW repeatedly when I tire of it (not ragequitting over some minor detail, but actually just getting bored) I probably will switch over to this until GW2 or MOP is released.

What in particular hooked you into the game during the Beta?

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I quit WoW as well for SWTOR.

Now, if only I could find a warcraft raiding guild rerolling SWTOR.
    my guild is men we all left WoW 2 months ago(to bad i cant transfer my 200k gold into SW credits lol)we got all sick of blizz taking care of casual scrubs by giving them raid equivelant gear with badges/points(that crap started in patch 2.3)and nerfing raids after a very short time(like they did ulduar... nerfed after a week....... and FL .... and so on and so on)most of our guildies had a beta invite this past weekend en men SW is the bomb.Ihate lvling i realy hate it(damn wow for that )but in sw it was fun as hell. We cant wait for 20/12/11 minus the prelaunch days we get depending on our pre-order

in all honesty im not trolling you, but it puzzles me why did you create a char to tell a bunch of total strangers that you are going to leave this game. I mean if you were a some sort of semi active poster here, i could understand why you feel the need to tell the people here that you will be gone, but this way ...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evosapien View Post
    I look forward to trying out the beta soon, and as someone who leaves WoW repeatedly when I tire of it (not ragequitting over some minor detail, but actually just getting bored) I probably will switch over to this until GW2 or MOP is released.

What in particular hooked you into the game during the Beta?

The story, and dialogue. Again, I wish the NDA was down so I could explain why. However, let's just say it works, and it adds a LOT to the game, especially in groups.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    umm not to be a jerk or troll but why bother posting if you have no relevant thoughts or care for posting in a thread abut something you dont care about.
    This

The beta completely assured me my quitting of wow in March and rapid following of swtor was justified times 100.
    I really really loved it, who knew an mmo could actually make you connect with your character through story.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck123 View Post
    in all honesty im not trolling you, but it puzzles me why did you create a char to tell a bunch of total strangers that you are going to leave this game. I mean if you were a some sort of semi active poster here, i could understand why you feel the need to tell the people here that you will be gone, but this way ...?
    If you look past the 'I'm leaving', he at least said he enjoyed his weekend playing the Beta. That's something I still have to look forward to. I scored a beta key from a gaming site, but Swtor has also said anyone who signed up before the 11/11 will get into the future weekend tests too.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Saintphoenix View Post
    Funny u can tell most of the ppl who havnt played beta, they are most of the ppl saying it might not be fun
    Well I don't find it fun at all and I have been. Hell I have every fucking game under the franchise. I even played Galaxies for a bit. I'm not impressed by it, so what, want to fight about it?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    If you look past the 'I'm leaving', he at least said he enjoyed his weekend playing the Beta. That's something I still have to look forward to. I scored a beta key from a gaming site, but Swtor has also said anyone who signed up before the 11/11 will get into the future weekend tests too.
    I read the whole post, it's just that I cannot understand why you would create an account on a site you never posted before, "just" to tell them that you are leaving one of the games that are talked about. Giving a reason why is cool to me, but its like going to a place in your city where none knows you and shouting:"Hey Im leaving you city X for city y because the grass is greener there".
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    There will be a roll system deciding who gets to say something, but you will still get LS/DS/Affection points based on what you decided to do, not what your group member did.
    (This was in a preview video somewhere, I don't think it's NDA breaking.)
    Well that's clearly necessary for gameplay, but it is massively immersion breaking. If you can't make a decision (or have a random chance or being unable to) in a group environment it leads to very dull and painful grouping experiences, that's why a true MMORPG has never existed, it's impossible to actually make. The only way to really make it work is to go the DnD route and make all adventures responsible for their own actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    ... thought it was awesome until a few levels before level cap... then went back to WoW.
    So, you never gave level 50 raiding, Tier2 instances a chance, or tried the new stuff at 50? How asinine is that? Most of the content, things to do in teams is at level 50 - just like wow.

Personally, I hated the grind from lvl 40~50, but at level 50, these Trion guys bring out so much content, there always seems to be something to do when you log in.

Haven't played WOW in months, not bitter about it in any way. Just didn't agree with the direction the game has/was headed/heading (pre MOP announcement/leak).

I've been periodically checking the SWTOR site every couple months to see what kind of new updates/information is presented. Got to watch the first 40 minutes of the I/A yesterday and my interest grew exponentially. The depth of the decisions that had to be made by your character were awesome. I'm also really curious how Revan is going to fit into this story. (I've seen the 2minute teaser hinting towards him.) Whether I play or not I will be keeping up with what they do with Revan regardless.

Deleted
    Isn't jus stopping without a thread enough? :O
    every day i see a 'GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD OF WARCRAFT' following with a huge post about idontcare how much drama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeistXL View Post
    Isn't jus stopping without a thread enough? :O
    every day i see a 'GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD OF WARCRAFT' following with a huge post about idontcare how much drama.
    People find joy in letting everyone know they're quitting. So they can hear other people tell them that it's okay. They're questioning their decision.

K bye. There is a good chance that we will see you again. All of you.

Just like we saw with

Warhammer
    Aion
    AOC
    Rift

Did I miss any?

Simply making a prediction of past events.
    Last edited by Corjha; 2011-11-15 at 06:30 AM.

I feel the gaming community is pretty tired of this kind of mmo anyway... WoW and StarWars WoW with cool leveling, SWToR is fun to level maybe it will last and have good end game. But will it be a revolution and people will talk about it in 5 years ? I doubt it. Also EA is bullshit and I have lost faith in Bioware for these last years but that is not the point, maybe SWToR will be good anyway.

What I mean is I feel a lot of people are waiting for something really big that is going to shatter what we are used to.

Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    I feel the gaming community is pretty tired of this kind of mmo anyway... WoW and StarWars WoW with cool leveling, SWToR is fun to level maybe it will last and have good end game. But will it be a revolution and people will talk about it in 5 years ? I doubt it. Also EA is bullshit and I have lost faith in Bioware for these last years but that is not the point, maybe SWToR will be good anyway.

What I mean is I feel a lot of people are waiting for something really big that is going to shatter what we are used to.

Pray for our savior titan

10+ Year Old Account
    /waves goodbye from WoW.

Hope sincerely hope you have fun!
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2011-11-15 at 06:36 AM.