Thread: Farewell WoW

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhhhh. "WTB Mod for SWTOR Forum. Paying my soul." Please shut down this pissing contest of a thread.

Im lost with the point of this post... Everyone should play games they find fun, thats the main goal. If you dont find WoW fun anymore, and think TOR is more to your likeing, all i can say is "gl hf".

Sorry to say but it just seems like youre looking for support for your decision, when you dont really need any. So go and enjoy the game you wish to play.

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 09:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    It is so funny how WoW quitters are getting comments like "You'll be back in 5 months. See you in MoP at the latest."

You know more people have QUIT WoW than CURRENTLY there are playing? Do you understand what I'm saying from that sentence or do I need to explain it even further since some of you might be lacking in the understanding department?
    You know more people have Quit smoking than CURRENTLY there are smokers? yet tobacco industries make billions.

Neither argument has any merit... people saying "cya soon when you come back in x time" cant predict the future
    and you can use the argument you made apply to anything. Ah the joy of statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmetal View Post
    Im lost with the point of this post... Everyone should play games they find fun, thats the main goal. If you dont find WoW fun anymore, and think TOR is more to your likeing, all i can say is "gl hf".

Sorry to say but it just seems like youre looking for support for your decision, when you dont really need any. So go and enjoy the game you wish to play.

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 09:50 AM ----------

You know more people have Quit smoking than CURRENTLY there are smokers? yet tobacco industries make billions.

Neither argument has any merit... people saying "cya soon when you come back in x time" cant predict the future
    and you can use the argument you made apply to anything. Ah the joy of statistics.
    N'ah, I think Nihilim had a valid point with regards to the statement he was responding to (you also have a valid point that this is still a lucrative IP for Blizzard). I vaguely recall Blizzard saying they only retain about 30% of the people that try WoW -- so about 70% of the people that just pick it up (whether through purchase or a free account) also just lose interest and drop it.

Not sure if I heard Blizzard state that number or it came from a second hand source... but still, we're the 30% (people that picked it up and continued playing), the other 70% never got beyond like level 40 or something. This is of course assuming that number was not made up, but I believe it's what Nihilim is referring to.

10+ Year Old Account
    If u quit, you quit.

I don't care what you do, I am sticking to WoW and then GW2 comes out next year, 2 more awesome games then ANYTHING

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

I'm trying Beta, but still continue WoW. I will buy MoP expansion, but I will see how long I'm gonna play that expansion. Maybe a few 90s done and some pve-gear.

SWTOR is fun so far, but WoW was a whole lot of fun originally levelling from 1-60 as well. I'm not sure it being fun pre-max-level really translates to it being fun long-term. In WoW today, the game really starts once you hit level 85. In SWTOR, the game could well end once you hit level 50. All depends on what they do with endgame, which doesn't sound extremely promising at the moment but who knows?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malevolentmuse View Post
    No kidding. I turned chat off completely in WoW because of all the idiots on Trade and General. Not once did I see the same time of idiotic behavior during the Beta and I played on multiple servers and different classes There is no way Bioware just happened to be that lucky.
    I´d expect Bioware to have a much more mature fanbase in SWTOR, even without knowing much about the game myself. Since WoW has become newcomers paradise of e-peen measuring, it would make sense for many people to go play a more "mature" game
    Just my thoughts on the matter, can´t wait to try out TOR myself

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    As declining sub numbers indicate, this fail argument truly is fail.
    What the subscription numbers are falling right now? As the game reaches, what, its' seventh, maybe even eighth year now? As the world enters an even more financially unstable time and as the minimum age of WoW players 7/8 years ago reaches 19/20 that would be right around college/uni time wouldn't it?

Yes, WoW is losing subs because it is getting stale, but you cannot infer that it's because of a myriad of substandard and, being honest in my opinion here, generic and bland MMOs by companies looking to make a quick buck on a market that is dominated by Blizzard.
    Yeah, I again agree that WoW is getting stale, but consider that no game has ever matched it in terms of polish or brilliance. It may lose 3 million people to SWToR (although I highly doubt it) but the World of Warcraft will still have the highest playerbase for any MMO ever, and then you'd have to add in everyone that's going to come back for Mists of Pandaria.

In regards to any replies/counter-arguments I'd like to put in a disclaimer now; I'm not a Blizzard fan-boy, I don't even play Warcraft at the moment as I am far too busy with work/Dark Souls/Skyrim.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

Quote Originally Posted by MephistoXVIII View Post
    but really, how long can you go on with defending something that's awful because you're comparing it to other things that are awful. If that went over your head, respective reader, I'm calling you out for being a lazy, mindless part of the herd that merely wants gratification for a measly sense of effort that you betrayed yourself into thinking was actually rewarding and not just some pitchforked meal of recycled material.
    Just because some people say that WoW is good, compared to other games, just because they are so bad, and if those other games did not exist, WoW would be horrible too. Does not mean that WoW is bad, a lot of people including me still play the game because we enjoy it.

If you want to define "recycled material" as what we have been getting lately, I have news for you, it has always been the same type of game play content, and there is actually way more things to do then when the game came out. Don't insult people calling them lazy and mindless, just because you do not agree something is still fun or not either, if you do not like it, do not play it.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    This conversation will continue till time tells... on other hand i have been playing wow since start and stopped last year due to work and relocation.

Yes I miss WOW a lot that's why am in forums like all quitters.

No i am not so happy with this Panda SHIT.. this game with graphics make it already looks for kids. but they have make it barney races which is make me feel like kinder-garden's MMO. i miss to have Gothic graphics and soul in the game. you wounder what the difference between Illadin and Panda is?.

MOP Fun maybe but i don't think it will be even close to BC.

WoW is better than ToR right now, obviously. It has a 5 year head start, ToR isn't even technically out yet.

ToR feels well polished and well suited replacement for anyone tired of WoW. It's a safe MMO that doesn't do really anything new, but it is still a great game.

GW2 will be the MMO that strives a little more difference than ToR. And it's free so you can play both ToR & GW2 at the same time

I'm seriously considering it once Deathwing falls likely around Jan or so (and not have to suffer the likely prolonged period till MoP), already know several other guildies are likely jumping ship around launch, so yeah...

In an ideal world, I'd pay for both obviously, but wasting $30 a month on retarded subscription fees is a lot more painful than dealing with $15, so unless I win the lottery very soon, it's coming down to a choice between one or the other. And as of now, once Deathwing dies (fuck heroic modes, not even gonna bother with that waste of time again, sick of having to come into FL every week to keep my raid spot), I'm hopping over till MoP at the least. Might give MoP a try solely for monks/pandas (as I hate the current tree changes), but if that fails to capture my attention, back to SWTOR likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    After 6 years I am calling it quits on Dec 15th. I have always been a faithful fan of WOW and given Blizzard no end of benefit of the doubt where the game is concerned. In all that time I have never unsubed and played continually. However this latest xpac and all that is being done to the game was to much for me. Its not about the Panda's or the Pokemon. I could care less about either of those things and if that was all that was being done would play both but the fundamental things they are doing to the game and the continual dumbing of the game down for the masses culminating in this xpac is the final straw.

I know SWTOR has what i'm looking for and look forward to its release. I do not believe or even want WOW to fail, I will always have fond memories of my experiences and times in what has been a epic and extremely fun and successful game and im sure it will continue to be so. It simply has evolved into a game that is no longer to my liking and I am happy to see that there are now some very nice alternatives. Choice is good and with so many good games coming it can only be a good thing for the genre as a whole.
    Last edited by Vexies; 2011-11-15 at 12:18 PM.

I feel the same way. After playing the beta I couldn't go back to WoW. The last month or whatever I had left went unplayed because every time I jumped on I just couldn't do it.
    Last edited by Ogretron; 2011-11-15 at 12:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalagrath View Post
    Uhhhhh. "WTB Mod for SWTOR Forum. Paying my soul." Please shut down this pissing contest of a thread.
    You can send that soul to:
    Conscript
    111 Main St
    Jonesville Mi 49250

These types of threads are pretty unnecessary folks. Glad you like the game and are excited for it, but trying to rub it in the face of WoW or WoW users is unnecessary. Play what you enjoy whether that is SWTOR, WoW, BF3, MW3, Skyrim, Skyward, or other games.