mages and the cc's do they have too much you be the judge

As of recently the mage cc epidemic is starting to spread out of controll. Polymorph, stuns, frezzing in place frezzing in an ice block, dazing and the slowing effects from all the frost moves. compared to a warrior's cc= fear and the occasional 2 second stun and all so having to replay slowing effects "hamsting & percing howl" wich does no damage comepared to a frostbolt which slowes and does nice damage. So do mages have too much cc? you be the judge.

MAGE NERD RAGE A GO GO X)

USER INFRACTED FOR THIS POST
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2011-11-15 at 12:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    what the hell did you just say about my momma?

appologies sir it wont happen again X)

Deleted
    mages and the cc's do they have too much
    you be the judge
    Nope. They don't have too much cc. So sayeth the judge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Addsy View Post
    As of recently the mage cc epidemic is starting to spread out of controll. Polymorph, stuns, frezzing in place frezzing in an ice block, dazing and the slowing effects from all the frost moves. compared to a warrior's cc= fear and the occasional 2 second stun and all so having to replay slowing effects "hamsting & percing howl" wich does no damage comepared to a frostbolt which slowes and does nice damage. So do mages have too much cc? you be the judge.
    Average warrior QQ, or just an average troll? I can't decide whether or not someone can actually write this terribly without trolling.
    Throwdown is 5 sec duration, and none of the warrior effects are dispellable, unlike *ALL* of the mage's effects.
    No, mages don't have too much CC. We DO have too many QQing players though, of all classes, and I do wish they'd all go away. Play some shit game like LoL or HoN instead.

Oh, and I don't even play a mage.
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2011-11-15 at 10:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Addsy View Post

MAGE NERD RAGE A GO GO X)
    Mages got nerfed a bunch as of recently, first their mastery took a hit some time ago and now Deep Freeze shares diminishing returns with ring of frost, ontop of shattered barrier sharing returns with the root from cone of cold. Which pushed allot of mages to drop shattered barrier from their build, basically removing a nova effect from the arsenal they had. You sound like a player who has no idea what a mage can throw at him, which is probably why you will continue to get owned in PvP. Daze mechanics from a mage? What game are you playing? Get a clue about other classes and learn their cooldowns and abilities before you come whine on the forums. This topic has been beaten into submission more than a few hundred thousand times.

What perfectly valid reason do you want to hear for the current state of frostmages?

-PvP is not balanced for 1v1
    -PvP is balanced around having healers and dispells
    -Frostmages are the first target choice in any arena/bg therefore they need all those tools
    -Some classes are more proficient at handling certain classes than others
    -etc

Are you one of those warriors/DKs who just sit in a nova without doing anything? Back when i still played this game i used to see scary numbers of your type. He gets novaed, i gain distance and start casting a shatter. For every 10th of a second i don't see him equiping a shield for spellreflecting/deathgripping/strangulating/doinganythingelse i begin to wonder if he's going to do it at the last possible second to surprise me, or if he's totally clueless. So i get in a frostbolt followed by a DeepFreeze into another two frostbolts + icelance. He didn't even trinket or attempt to interrupt/spellreflect me, so he's now laying dead on the ground and i'm getting annoyed because i used icy veins on him when i should have preserved that CD. Does that sound like you OP?

Let's see (slow/CC/root/interrupt)

Polymorph
    Frost Bolt
    Frost Nova
    Ice Armor
    Cone of Cold (talented)
    Frostbolt
    Counterspell
    Ring of Frost
    Flame Orb (if talented)

Not to mention nice utilities / defensive abilities such as:

Invisibility
    Spell Steal
    Ice Block
    Mirror Image
    Mage Armor
    Blink...and the list goes on.

I think they have a bit of control. Yes, they have too much. And I'm a mage.

Deleted
    @ Icedwarrior

Als the frostnova when frost barrier is broken.

But, to be honest, I dislike DK's more. With a passion. Actually, it's pure hate!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    @ Icedwarrior

Als the frostnova when frost barrier is broken.

But, to be honest, I dislike DK's more. With a passion. Actually, it's pure hate!
    The nova when a barrier is broken shares DR with Frost Nova, so any good mage will skip it.

Also, hating a *class* in a video game is a big waste of emotion, don't you think?

mages in general have more than double the cc they need to be competitive

Mages need more cc and more damage, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc they do, anyone in their right mind disagreeing is wrong, its not opinion its fact. But since mages are blizzards favourite class (HI GHOSTCRAWLER) they will never be underpowered in pvp or pve.

Deleted
    Mages were bad in vanilla time cause they could be easy one-shotted back then.
    Mages were pretty much balanced in tbc.
    Then Wotlk comes and they get buffed and they go crazy...
    Then Cata comes and it becomes "The immortal" class.

They need a big nerf in my opinion .

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a decent dispeller (I love my disc priest partner) and a mage is a joke. They can barely crit me without FoF and they're very squishy. Blizzard has already admitted they're powerful in lower brackets without a dedicated dispeller. That said, in 3v3 (which is the focal point of PvP balancing) they're just fine. I think if anything you should attack their potential for burst. Minds you a Warrior can have the same said for their burst. It all balances out in the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Let's see (slow/CC/root/interrupt)

Polymorph
    Frost Bolt
    Frost Nova
    Ice Armor
    Cone of Cold (talented)
    Frostbolt
    Counterspell
    Ring of Frost
    Flame Orb (if talented)

Not to mention nice utilities / defensive abilities such as:

Invisibility
    Spell Steal
    Ice Block
    Mirror Image
    Mage Armor
    Blink...and the list goes on.

I think they have a bit of control. Yes, they have too much. And I'm a mage.

you forgot Deep Freeze!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Complaints about Mage CC are unoriginal, uninspired, trite, pedantic and nonconstructive. Do not post them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE