10+ Year Old Account

Potion of Treasure Finding

Was curious how many others still use these?
    I still find using a pot and farming troggs is the fastest way to farm cloth for bags. If anyone has a better suggestion for cloth farming I'm all ears.
    On average, after I vendor grays, turn cloth into bags, DE greens, prospect->rings/necks->DE any ore and AH volatiles I can make between 3-5K an hour.
    Anyone have any better spot then deepholme troggs for mass, quick farming?

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

All my cloth farming goes on atop the platform at Verlok Stand. 'bout 25 stacks of Cloth in an hour with a Treasure Pot. I don't think there's any better place.

I use the whenever I'm doing anything in the cata zones, they're awesome. When I'm actually farming, my tailor brings in about 500-600 pieces of embersilk an hour and a boat load of volatiles and greens for DEing from the chests.

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 09:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    All my cloth farming goes on atop the platform at Verlok Stand. 'bout 25 stacks of Cloth in an hour with a Treasure Pot. I don't think there's any better place.
    The place where you do 'Magnets: How do they work?' in TB. The enemies normally get each other down to 19k health before you even get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an old post, but this is by far my favorite spot for using the Potion. Since I cannot post a link, just hit up my blog, or google Alto's Tiny Treasure Chest (I have a few posts on them).

It's a fun run as well, with quick respawns and if you are a rogue, you can use a little macro to make things quicker. Good luck!

I use 'em regularly while out skinning now. I get 10-12 good stacks of leather, 3-5 stacks of cloth, a ton of volatiles, sometimes lock boxes, greens and a ton of gold. It's all a very win/win situation for me in just an hours worth of killing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altolycus View Post
    It's an old post, but this is by far my favorite spot for using the Potion. Since I cannot post a link, just hit up my blog, or google Alto's Tiny Treasure Chest (I have a few posts on them).

It's a fun run as well, with quick respawns and if you are a rogue, you can use a little macro to make things quicker. Good luck!
    I do the farming on my DK since I can aoe the packs very quickly and have 0 downtime with ghoul sac and the occasional deathstrike. Also when I'm done I like to circle for an hour to farm obsidium for further prospect->rings/necks->DE mats.

As for the magnets spot in TB, I used to farm that during love is in the air for cloth/necks but the respawn rate and quantity of mobs just doesn't compare to troggs. Also, being on a PvP server and in TB has it's own cautions.

If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.

Do these potions work with pick pocketing??

Deleted
    I do the TB spot, just 2 hours/week usually with an elemental shaman, get around 500-600 embersilk depending on my luck with the chests / hour. Never seen anyone else farming the spot and I'm on a PvE server so minimal risk for me. My husband uses the pots to farm water elementals in Twilight Highlands as the price of volatile water is high on our server and he has no tailors. I think anyone who farms for an hour should use them, I find even 4-5 chests will usually more than make my mat cost up.

Best place is the lower-left part of Deepholm. It's much better than Verlok. There are groups of 6-18 troggs who are aggro'd on earthens and their constructs; no matter how hard you AoE them, they won't even flitch to hit you. No downtime for drinking, extremely fast killing (they are already low-hp)

Got 900+something embersilk on my tailor in 1 hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Best place is the lower-left part of Deepholm. It's much better than Verlok. There are groups of 6-18 troggs who are aggro'd on earthens and their constructs; no matter how hard you AoE them, they won't even flitch to hit you. No downtime for drinking, extremely fast killing (they are already low-hp)

Got 900+something embersilk on my tailor in 1 hour.
    That's the spot I farm.