10+ Year Old Account

4.3 Weapons and the 4pc shadow bonus bonus

I have few questions about 4.3

The first is about the madness of DW weapons in the PTR:
    what's the ICD on Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time and does the ICD differ on the LFR/normal/HC versions

what's the range of the proc effect on Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind

Secondly the 4PC bonus for shadow:
    Is it worth going for the 4 piece set over the better itemized counter parts? the massive income of shadow orbs make sure you have 3 orbs for almost every mind blast but is that increase of dps really worth giving up the better items?,
    is it also worth giving up your rotation and just MS spam when SF is up?
    Priest? What do you mean i'm a priest?
    I have dots, a pet and i can turn into a dark purple form with wings, i'm obviously a warlock!

If you don't mind. I have another question to tack on about Ti'tahk

Does the AOE buff stack with the buff you get yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Skysinge View Post
    If you don't mind. I have another question to tack on about Ti'tahk

Does the AOE buff stack with the buff you get yourself?
    Without having tested it, I would say no because the wording says 3 allies, implying people other than yourself.

The way I see it the 4 set is always going to be worth getting. Primarily because of the fact that it gives us a vastly reduced ramp up time at the beginning of a rotation. Not having empowered shadows up is a massive dps loss, so anything that can make sure that RNG doesn't screw us is a good thing. As you say, the fact that we get a bunch of 3 orb mind blasts is nice too.

Deleted
    Anything is open until the right people have tested it properly. However I would seriously wonder if our 4-set wouldn't be a part of the BiS set. Sure, it is not as amazing as our current set bonus, however it is definitely a somewhat noticable dps increase.
    Personally I hope that timing shadowfiend with wings and pot will be a huge dps burst (with 4-set) because of mind spike/mind blast spamming, and it would be quite lame if we have to stick to our original rotation. Not because I think it will be an amazing dps increase, but I always liked when a set bonus had a major impact on the rotation.
    If it doesn't end up being beneficial to spam mind spike(especially during heroism or PI if you are that lucky), I really hope that Blizzard will somehow 'fix' it by adding something extra to our set bonus (like increasing the bonus damage done by mind spike during archangel, or make mind spike ignore the DoT removal part during archangel etc).
    Also I don't know about shadowfiend attack speed, but I think it is 1 hit per 1.5 sec? That means we aren't getting 3 orbs on each of our mind spike casts, and with a 1.5 sec cast time on mind spike before haste modifiers, we will probably end up hitting a haste hard cap if we decide to spam mind spike during heroism. So it seems quite doubtful to be honest.

Popping Shadow Fiend at the beginning when tank threat is low and then spamming Mind Spike with increased threat might turn out problematic if the tank gets a few unlucky parries and dodges from the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucapa View Post
    Popping Shadow Fiend at the beginning when tank threat is low and then spamming Mind Spike with increased threat might turn out problematic if the tank gets a few unlucky parries and dodges from the boss.
    That is why priests have fade. Get used to using it when you get your 4-set, all should be fine.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucapa View Post
    That means i get to piss off the tank in my guild even more!
    that settles it, i'm deffinitly aiming for the 4pc set bonus.
    Priest? What do you mean i'm a priest?
    I have dots, a pet and i can turn into a dark purple form with wings, i'm obviously a warlock!

I think the community is way off on how this Tier works because we focus too much on the shadow fiend, so I'd like to propose an alternate hypothesis:

1) It is intended to prevent starting the encounter without shadow orbs

2) it provides a higher dps cooldown for things that need to die too fast to dot them up, e.g. Raggy hc meteor in an ice trap

3) It provides a superior execute phase with the 2set

4) it provides an overall rng dps increase by having more mind blasts with 3 orbs from the apparations. If it turns out that shadow word: death becomes part of the rotation it also increases the skill cap, because more skilled shadow priests will be able to substitute Mind Flays with Shadow Word: death and devouring plague while moving, which will spawn more apparations.

I believe this is what the devs thought when they came up with the set bonus.
    It will require testing , logs and some practice to determine the true value of the set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyphant View Post
    Without having tested it, I would say no because the wording says 3 allies, implying people other than yourself.
    i meant if 2 people have the staff and stay near each other. does it stack..