Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Well the main problem with mages is that they are simply better than most casters in every single way.

They have superior CC, mobility, survival and damage to every single caster in the game except for warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatsamurai View Post
    Look, another poster who didn't read any of my other posts.

I know what tools MY Warrior has, and they are plenty to deal with Mages

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 09:49 AM ----------

1. Participate in active discussion about class mechanics.
    2. Disregard everyone else's opinion as wrong.
    3. Call them ignorant for not sharing your (skewed) views.
    4. Profit?

If I am ignorant, what does that make you?
    Because I had contributed facts and opinions. You on the other hand, just opinions.
    Why Do i care if you have other posts? I'm stating that in the actual pvp brackets around 2200, warriors are the sub par class. Every other melee has exactly what they have, and -then- some. Warriors bring nothing to the table. Their survivability is laughable, their damage is only decent if you can keep mortal striking every 10s, their mobility is negated by the constant handicapped reliance on SPAM DISPELS when the dispeller is probably busy spamming heals to keep you alive through shatter combo's.

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    Blink is easy to counter, what I don't like is that stupid speed increase and impact
    /agree

I do like the fact that everyone assumes every warrior to post on a forum is a drooling r-tard whoc an't break 1500 brackets. 1500 brackets warriors are hillariously badass. In brackets and skill levels that matter, warriors are sub par and put a handicap on any team that uses them.
    Last edited by Mizpah; 2011-11-15 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizpah View Post
    I'm stating that in the actual pvp brackets around 2200, warriors are the sub par class.
    First off to make this quick point, the actual brackets are 2600+(Read:gladiator) where good warriors (Read:Ex gladiators and people who really KNOW what they are doing) have it just as good and in some situations better than other melee, seen Braindeadly 3? what's the melee he plays with? A Warrior. I know that the fact that the best can still play the class as if it's above par doesn't prove it's viable, but it does prove it is playable, I know Barburas is a goddamn good Warrior, but if he can do it, you shouldn't be as far from it as you are.
    Moving on- Tone your ego down, you're in the 2200's you know about as much as the 2k's with a better comp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why Do i care if you have other posts? I'm stating that in the actual pvp brackets around 2200, warriors are the sub par class. Every other melee has exactly what they have, and -then- some. Warriors bring nothing to the table. Their survivability is laughable, their damage is only decent if you can keep mortal striking every 10s, their mobility is negated by the constant handicapped reliance on SPAM DISPELS when the dispeller is probably busy spamming heals to keep you alive through shatter combo's.

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 01:42 PM ----------

/agree

I do like the fact that everyone assumes every warrior to post on a forum is a drooling r-tard whoc an't break 1500 brackets. 1500 brackets warriors are hillariously badass. In brackets and skill levels that matter, warriors are sub par and put a handicap on any team that uses them.

Lol, did you think I had gone?

It's a slow day at work, you won't be safe until class starts!

Anyways, seriously, I don't give two shits what people have to say about warriors being underpowered. Bring the player not the class. You run your FoTM RLS, I'll stick with a rag-tag comp of ridiculously skilled players and we will roflstomp you.

Warrior survivability is fucking awesome. People who say otherwise need to figure out which spells to reflect, when to LoS and basically need to be taught how to play in general.

Just because our class is called "Warrior" does not mean that you can always run in, balls out and expect to tunnel one target until they die.

While we might not be in the best spot ever, Warriors are NOT a hindrance to every team, only to the elitist ones who don't care to fully explore the Warriors utility.
    "Yeah man, I'll help you with whate- Oh, you have a spider problem? Yeah.... Fuck that."

Deleted
    (...)Every other melee has exactly what they have, and -then- some(...)
    Here's hoping you're not actually counting retribution paladins and enhancement shamans as actual melee specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    First off to make this quick point, the actual brackets are 2600+(Read:gladiator) where good warriors (Read:Ex gladiators and people who really KNOW what they are doing) have it just as good and in some situations better than other melee, seen Braindeadly 3? what's the melee he plays with? A Warrior. I know that the fact that the best can still play the class as if it's above par doesn't prove it's viable, but it does prove it is playable, I know Barburas is a goddamn good Warrior, but if he can do it, you shouldn't be as far from it as you are.
    The part of his post you quoted is actually right, though. I know you know this as you acknowledged so towards the end of your post but regardless of bracket, warriors are pretty subpar when compared to ferals, rogues and casters in general - sure, skilled warriors (and players in general) can and will perform playing their class or spec and regardless of how shit or overpowered whatever it is they play is. Barb isn't every warrior and furthermore Braindeadly's team isn't every team in the world. One warrior doing well (I know, there are others doing well too, I'm just trying to get my point across) in one team doesn't necessarily mean warriors are balanced; as you said, it just means they're playable/viable and that's is honestly not enough if we're talking balance. Rets are playable too, Vanguards is at 2800 and I played his triple DPS comp to 2700~ just to have some fun. This doesn't mean two rets in the whole world getting Gladiator legitimately is optimal or even desirable.

Warrior survivability is fucking awesome. People who say otherwise need to figure out which spells to reflect, when to LoS and basically need to be taught how to play in general.
    Most of your posts do make sense but... What? Warrior survivability is not absolutely horrid as some people make it out to be but go in without a more desirable target on your team (ergo, priest, sometimes mage) and you'll get shat on. They could definitely do with some tweaking (they're both vulnerable to melee and caster damage, too, unlike most classes) Playing kittycleave against MLS (at 2700+ MMR) has to be one of the most frustrating and excruciating experiences I've ever gone through. Even though we won most of the time.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2011-11-15 at 08:08 PM.

(Replied to the post before the one ontop of this one I DIDNT SEE IT)Obelodalix btw I know what you're saying and stuff, I know you think mages might be abit out of line and stuff( I do to actually, but considering how much more in-line they are(atleast to me) it almost looks like THE line when compared to warlocks ) I know mage has too many novas and will have you stuck entire goddamn day even with spam dispells I know a mage can always get a shatter opportunity no matter what, I know they have retarded utility, but then- They cast slower than warlocks are absolutely hindered when interrupted because they can't even stand in meleerange, On the other side I've seen Warlocks take a melee beating to the face for a considerably long time before having to use defencives, barely even being stopped at all by interrupts. If you ran some Ebola or Jungle on your pala you might think otherwise, because sadly kittycleave is preety much hardcountered by most mage compositions due to a warrior in it(it's not the warrior himself it's the combo requiring constant double dispells(assuming good mage) and that's impossible to bring and/or keep up) AMS helps a crap ton, you should try it someday, suddenly makes the terror of mages feel so small compared to warlocks.

How and why do you people yammer so much about this? The time it takes to type out a half page post is just mind boggling. If I see a long post I read the first sentence or two and then on to the next post. Also quoting a long post..then arguing that point, then quoting another long post and then more argue, if you do that three or four times in a reply then you are just odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Here's hoping you're not actually counting retribution paladins and enhancement shamans as actual melee specs.

The part of his post you quoted is actually right, though. I know you know this as you acknowledged so towards the end of your post but regardless of bracket, warriors are pretty subpar when compared to ferals, rogues and casters in general - sure, skilled warriors (and players in general) can and will perform playing their class or spec and regardless of how shit or overpowered whatever it is they play is. Barb isn't every warrior and furthermore Braindeadly's team isn't every team in the world. One warrior doing well (I know, there are others doing well too, I'm just trying to get my point across) in one team doesn't necessarily mean warriors are balanced; as you said, it just means they're playable/viable and that's is honestly not enough if we're talking balance. Rets are playable too, Vanguards is at 2800 and I played his triple DPS comp to 2700~ just to have some fun. This doesn't mean two rets in the whole world getting Gladiator legitimately is optimal or even desirable.

Most of your posts do make sense but... What? Warrior survivability is not absolutely horrid as some people make it out to be but go in without a more desirable target on your team (ergo, priest, sometimes mage) and you'll get shat on. They could definitely do with some tweaking (they're both vulnerable to melee and caster damage, too, unlike most classes) Playing kittycleave against MLS (at 2700+ MMR) has to be one of the most frustrating and excruciating experiences I've ever gone through. Even though we won most of the time.
    To me, this is why I play the Warrior. Knowing that everybody is going to underestimate me, then rage punch their LCD when we stomp them makes me happy inside.

The challenge of being competitive with an "underpowered" class is awesome. Warriors get nerfed with nearly every patch. Yet they are still one of the most enjoyable classes (Albeit, this is preference) to play, and they can still be very competitive if you put in the work.

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Borgiest View Post
    How and why do you people yammer so much about this? The time it takes to type out a half page post is just mind boggling. If I see a long post I read the first sentence or two and then on to the next post. Also quoting a long post..then arguing that point, then quoting another long post and then more argue, if you do that three or four times in a reply then you are just odd.
    Some of us can type more than 5wpm

Seriously though, it takes me about 45 seconds to write out a full post.
    "Yeah man, I'll help you with whate- Oh, you have a spider problem? Yeah.... Fuck that."

This, this, this, 1,000,000,000 times this.

People need to understand the Mage class as a whole, stop worrying about how one of their abilities effects you and look at your fight as one experience.

"Okay, the mage froze me here, then he ran. When I closed the gap he froze me again. I HoJ'd him and he blinked. Next time maybe I should...."

It's this kind of thinking that will win you fights, not complaining about the class that beats you. (though over time that will work, as more baddies complain and get homogenization going.)
    This is basically it. I just hit 85 with my DK alt and found a frost mage to practice with. I dueled him over and over again until i knew how the abilities worked and the best way to counter them. Just find somebody to practice with and get used to the abilities instead of complaining about one piece of the puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by bmn1 View Post
    Hi, why does Blink remove stuns and roots while Disengage, DC:Teleport, Shadowstep, Intercept, Intervene, Charge, both feral Charges and other similar abilities don't? Do mages have less cc than other classes, thus rely on superior escaping tools? Or maybe 2 Ice Blocks aren't enought to do the trick? Or maybe Mage Armor isn't really good enough?

Why does a class with so much cc, burst and survivability need a "Blink" that removes stuns and roots (on a 15 second cd!) and at the same time even has "Mage Armor" that reduces the effect of magic cc by 35%?

I honestly do not know! Please explain?
    For someone starting a topic about blink, why are you even mentioning mage armor? or their burst? or Ice Block? Really sounds like your just whining when you start going off topic about it.

In regards to BLINK as an ability for mages:

Mages will get eaten apart if they sit with a melee for too long, and as you already mentioned, several classes have ways of getting right back to them (Disengage, DC:Teleport, Shadowstep, Intercept, Intervene, Charges, Death Grip).

Blink is an ability to get mages to put some distance between them and their enemy. As a cloth armored class, they are a kiting + combo dps class. Blink is a utility tool to help them have a fair fight against melee classes that would otherwise normally not allow them to cast. Simple as that - what don't you understand about it?

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Well the main problem with mages is that they are simply better than most casters in every single way.

They have superior CC, mobility, survival and damage to every single caster in the game except for warlocks.
    This so much. Bring shadow priests, boomkins and elemental shaman on the same survivability and control level. Frost mages are over the top when it comes to mobility, survivability and crowd control. All melees have (almost) been brought up to the frost mage level this expansion, and all the other casters (read: not warlocks) are being left alone in the dirt, school locked and with no possible way of escaping.

Every caster has an ability to get them out of melee range.
    Mage: Blink
    Warlock: Fear
    Druid: Typhoon
    Shaman: Thunderstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Every caster has an ability to get them out of melee range.
    Mage: Blink
    Warlock: Fear
    Druid: Typhoon
    Shaman: Thunderstorm
    THIS IS VERY WRONG.
    Mage has way more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should have closed this.

Complaint threads never end well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE