Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Remind to those unsure. (beta)

I know everyone who regularly visits this section of the forums probably was already signed up for beta testing and will be in the next weekend test, but I wanted to post this hoping people will see it pop up on the main page.

If you are unsure about this game or even if you think it looks bad, test it! Get a beta key from curse or IGN, and try it out in the coming weekends. Make sure you update all your graphics card drivers and prepare prior, and then just try it out for a weekend.

I have so much faith in this game after testing it that I feel like even the biggest haters out there will end up buying it. T'was amazing, I can't wait til they announce the next weekend!!!!!

where do i get the key on curse.. been looking but cant find it

Can't post links yet, just add the "WWW"

curse.com/news/star-wars-the-old-republic/42982-star-wars-the-old-republic-beta-keys-at-curse

look on the main page of mmo-champ the link is there

To me, this game looked like just WoW with lightsabers. I tried it over the weekend, and found that while I was right to a degree, I actually found this game to be a lot more entertaining than I expected it to be. Maybe cause its new. Maybe cause it's lightsabers. I donno lol. Long story short its worth at least giving a shot to this game, even if only as a temp distraction from wow for those addicted to it like I am
    Necrolite, 80 Rogue, Uldum, Undead
    Necrolost, 80 Rogue, Uldum, Troll
    Chogra, 80 Warlock, Uldum, Orc
    Narcosis, 80 Warrior, Uldum, Orc

loadedguild.com

If you do get a beta invite, download the client as early as you can.

Believe me, many of you will need the time.

By the way, just in case people weren't following the game too closely but had signed up for the beta previously. You don't need to get one of these keys if you had an account made and opted in to the beta before 11/11/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post

Yes, you will want to do this as the download is 20+ Gigs and tends to slow down quite a bit at times, atleast it did when I downloaded it for last weekends test.

Everyone I know IRL who has played it despised it. Seriously. Complete fan boys didn't like it.

I have a hard time believing some posts like these aren't by employees.

Don't troll. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-11-15 at 10:08 PM.

It's fun and all, but I hate that it doesn't have the responsiveness that WoW does. It feels more like LOTRO or AoC. Rift was pretty close to WoW, but still not quite the same. I want a game where when I hit a button I "feel" myself using that ability, like I can in WoW.
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Eyes View Post
    Everyone I know IRL who has played it despised it. Seriously. Complete fan boys didn't like it.

I'm no employee or even a fan boy and I freaking love the game. I took part in one of the past beta tests and it is at least twice as awesome as I was even hoping it would be.

Since everyone is comparing it to WoW, here is how I think they are similar...

1) Take WoW in its current state
    2) Remove all the carebear functions (sparkly quest items so you don't have to look around to find quest items, 5 xp to level up, addons, mounts at level 2, etc.)
    3) Add Star Wars lore and elements (lightsabers, etc.)
    4) Add the most involving and cinematic story line and cut scenes you can think of
    5) ?????
    6) Profit

The games are very similar in some ways and very different in others.

Judging from most of the responses on the beta itself (general chat throughout different planets) the game is getting a great reception for the most part. The only complaints I heard in game were related to the "care bear" funtions I listed above. Certain people HATED the fact that you had to look to find quest items and others just couldn't comprehend the fact that there are no addons to do certain things for you. I, for one, loved these 2 things the most.

where do i download the client? cuz ive entered my beta code and when i go to /tester it only says congratulations for signing up etc :S

Quote Originally Posted by Necrolite View Post
    To me, this game looked like just WoW with lightsabers. I tried it over the weekend, and found that while I was right to a degree, I actually found this game to be a lot more entertaining than I expected it to be. Maybe cause its new. Maybe cause it's lightsabers. I donno lol. Long story short its worth at least giving a shot to this game, even if only as a temp distraction from wow for those addicted to it like I am
    for me it's been the story line, it has the best MMO story line to date... I'm pretty sure you can agree with that.

the game is so entertaining, I get kicks just from the story. Also if the community stays the same as it is in beta I will enjoy this game so much.

but a big factor for me is that I'm a Star Wars Fan, a Bioware fan, and a SWKOTOR fan.

also my clan mates from APB will be joining me and my brother so we have a strong player base coming with us.

Also heard some good guilds of WoW are hopping the wagon

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 09:18 PM ----------

you won't be able to download until a few days before the beta weekend. the /tester page will change with the download client when that happens

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia View Post
    where do i download the client? cuz ive entered my beta code and when i go to /tester it only says congratulations for signing up etc :S
    you won't be able to download until a few days before the beta weekend. the /tester page will change with the download client when that happens

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post

Eh... Since I moved to my new house and switched from a 100 Mb/s to a crap 2 Mb/s, Internet is not the same anymore. Now, downloading 20 GB scares me (what's that, a 25 hours download? Oh my...)

But the question is: which type of "downloader" does it have? I need the full download before logging in, Ok, but is it a single file? Hope not! It's more like standard downloaders, I suppose...
    "I look bigger in those mirrors where things look bigger."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNile View Post
    Eh... Since I moved to my new house and switched from a 100 Mb/s to a crap 2 Mb/s, Internet is not the same anymore. Now, downloading 20 GB scares me (what's that, a 25 hours download? Oh my...)

But the question is: which type of "downloader" does it have? I need the full download before logging in, Ok, but is it a single file? Hope not! It's more like standard downloaders, I suppose...
    It is much like WoW in that you download the client (which takes like 5 minutes tops) and the client downloads the game (which is obviously thousands upon thousands of files).

People will like it, people will hate it and people will freaking love it. Yea sure some employees might be posting about it but it's the same thing as a Blizzard employee saying they love WoW/SC/Diablo, but they all can't be employees, I don't listen to the negatives or positives on the forums, I got my beta invite, tried the game and formulated my own opinion on the game which is what I think everyone should do before playing any game. If you go into something with a negative preconceived notion of how something is going to be then yes you're probably going retain that negative preconceived notion.

I will be playing this game right along with WoW, SC2 and Diablo 3 which is quite a plate full of games but I like them all, great games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakainen View Post
    Yes, you will want to do this as the download is 20+ Gigs and tends to slow down quite a bit at times, atleast it did when I downloaded it for last weekends test.
    Where do i download the client? I got an email on the 11/11/11 saying that i'm going to be in an upcoming beta weekend. No details as to when or how to download the client. If someone who didn't sign up before the 11th gets one of these keys from massively for example are they a step ahead of us who signed up or?

15+ Year Old Account

Don't troll. - Buckwald
    I played the game this weekend and I had a BLAST.

I've been working REALLLLLLY hard recently, long days/weeks, and when I finally got 2 days off the other day, I could have not asked for a better way to spend it.

First I got home from work friday afternoon, after some hiccups with logging in, I finally got on, made a character and started to play. I played non-stop for hours. It was a great time to relax/unwind. I played from like 8:30 until 4 am, where I literally could not keep my eyes open any longer. I passed out happily on my couch, slept until 10, had breakfast, then went back at it. I spent all day saturday doing the same, playing the game, tried out a Consular somewhere in between.

It was nothing short of a great experience, and a lot of fun. The only sour taste it left in my mouth was that I had to wait another damn month to actually play it and keep my char (I had done very well professionwsise, and got an awesome chest piece which people kept stopping and asking me about!).

Now, I'm a HUGE, GIANT, GARGANTUAN WoW fan, and I won't be going anywhere from WoW any time soon, but I'm excited to add SW:TOR into the mix in the near future!

I'm with the OP on that if you are able to grab a key and test it out DO IT! Now granted the game isn't for everyone, regardless it's still an amazing game on it's own rights and has a lot of room to go plenty of places.

-Most defiantly not a Bioware employee.

---------- Post added 2011-11-16 at 02:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tremble View Post
    Where do i download the client? I got an email on the 11/11/11 saying that i'm going to be in an upcoming beta weekend. No details as to when or how to download the client. If someone who didn't sign up before the 11th gets one of these keys from massively for example are they a step ahead of us who signed up or?
    Did you RSVP? Or did it just say you will be in at a future weekend?

SWTOR.com/Tester is the place to always check for any of your questions/concerns/doubts. Once you have RSVP'd for the weekend you can download the client, (might start Wed-thursday before testing) and it will be from that page.

As for the other question, no one really knows.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I played the game this weekend and I had a BLAST.

I've been working REALLLLLLY hard recently, long days/weeks, and when I finally got 2 days off the other day, I could have not asked for a better way to spend it.

First I got home from work friday afternoon, after some hiccups with logging in, I finally got on, made a character and started to play. I played non-stop for hours. It was a great time to relax/unwind. I played from like 8:30 until 4 am, where I literally could not keep my eyes open any longer. I passed out happily on my couch, slept until 10, had breakfast, then went back at it. I spent all day saturday doing the same, playing the game, tried out a Consular somewhere in between.

It was nothing short of a great experience, and a lot of fun. The only sour taste it left in my mouth was that I had to wait another damn month to actually play it and keep my char (I had done very well professionwsise, and got an awesome chest piece which people kept stopping and asking me about!).

Now, I'm a HUGE, GIANT, GARGANTUAN WoW fan, and I won't be going anywhere from WoW any time soon, but I'm excited to add SW:TOR into the mix in the near future!

I'm with the OP on that if you are able to grab a key and test it out DO IT! Now granted the game isn't for everyone, regardless it's still an amazing game on it's own rights and has a lot of room to go plenty of places.

-Most defiantly not a Bioware employee.

---------- Post added 2011-11-16 at 02:22 AM ----------

Did you RSVP? Or did it just say you will be in at a future weekend?

SWTOR.com/Tester is the place to always check for any of your questions/concerns/doubts. Once you have RSVP'd for the weekend you can download the client, (might start Wed-thursday before testing) and it will be from that page.

As for the other question, no one really knows.
    What's RSVP ? I was told in the email that i'm " in an upcoming beta weekend " that's all i gathered from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tremble View Post
    What's RSVP ? I was told in the email that i'm " in an upcoming beta weekend " that's all i gathered from it.
    I now know what email you're talking about. I got one while participating in the current test, and redeemed a code, I hope I can get in still. Whoops!

Anyway! When you get the test weekend you will get an email saying which weekend it is, with instructions, and you will need to RSVP, make sure to!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature